A file that makes you

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

A file that makes you

Postby maskedsow » January 28th, 2008, 1:33 am

Would anyone be willing to make a file that helps improve drawing would this be possible to make would happly pay for your time.

I apologise if this is posted in the wrong section

faithfully

pony
maskedsow
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » January 28th, 2008, 4:19 am

Well, it isn't possible via hypnosis to improve talent as such. The ability to see in your mind how to create a piece of art in one way or another. That's a gift of nature for those who can. (I - for instance can't).

But once you have the brilliant idea you need to have it come to life on paper, rock, glass or anything. Same thing whether you are a painter, sculpter or something entirely different. This takes concentration of the mind, hand/eye coordination, a steady hand, lots of energy, determination and a solid belief in your own abilities to boot. And these are skills that can be improved via hypnosis. I already created a file called "Artist's Resolve" to help an artist stop from procrastinating and to get his work finished and out there - on display. I don't know if you tried it? The file works and I could certainly make another file to improve the above skills - because these are skills - meaning they can be improved with training - be it mental or real.

PM me if anybody wants to talk about files they dream up - wondering if they're possible or not. I can tell you if things are possible.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Wildsprite » January 28th, 2008, 5:35 am

I disagree, anything the Subconscious can conceive and believe it will achieve and lets face it, what is proper hypnosis, its guidance for the Subc, trying to convince people something isn't possible is rather arrogant to me, why not tell them,its probably possible but I am not sure how to do it? why does everyone forget there is more to the mind than logic and science? this can be done if worded right
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby steve14 » January 28th, 2008, 5:53 am

the script writer should read "drawing on the right side of the brain "to get ideas for how a artist sees - thinks about art to draw , the op might want to try reading the book and taking the class as well it claims anyone can draw , i had a good time and learned to draw when i took it..
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » January 28th, 2008, 6:20 am

Hypnosis can enhance anything you can LEARN. Making you learn much faster and better. But art isn't just technique - is it? There's that thing called talent too.

I can make somebody believe they're Michelangelo. No problem! But will he be able to do the Sistene Chapel? I doubt it.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby steve14 » January 28th, 2008, 6:38 am

cardigan wrote:Hypnosis can enhance anything you can LEARN. Making you learn much faster and better. But art isn't just technique - is it? There's that thing called talent too.

I can make somebody believe they're Michelangelo. No problem! But will he be able to do the Sistine Chapel? I doubt it.

the ability to draw can be learned then enhanced learning of drawing is possible . a skilled artist can produce a drawing all of us would call good ...great art is a far more mysterious and elusive gift, one you would need to have to share ,in art or through hypnotism...
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby BobbyS » January 28th, 2008, 11:47 am

Oh get real, people. If people didn't have their heads in the clouds about what hypnosis can or can't do then maybe there wouldn't be so many posts asking for help getting hypnosis to work for them.

Look, I'm not saying hypnosis can't help you with your talents - if you're a really good painter but you get nervous painting a live model leading to shaky hands, I'm perfectly sure hypnosis can help there. But if you don't have the talent in the first place, hypnosis won't magically give it to you, it could only motivate you.

I love hypnosis as much as the next man, but for God's sake people, get your heads screwed on.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby sunray_2 » January 28th, 2008, 11:54 am

It should be possible to associate a positive stimulus, like for example a deep satisfaction, when you realize how much your drawing practice changed your viewing habits and enhanced your perceptiveness, as you began effortless to sketch in your mind scenes you saw as a very stimulating mental exercise.
sunray_2

Postby Mino » January 28th, 2008, 12:51 pm

BobbyS wrote:Oh get real, people. If people didn't have their heads in the clouds about what hypnosis can or can't do then maybe there wouldn't be so many posts asking for help getting hypnosis to work for them.

Look, I'm not saying hypnosis can't help you with your talents - if you're a really good painter but you get nervous painting a live model leading to shaky hands, I'm perfectly sure hypnosis can help there. But if you don't have the talent in the first place, hypnosis won't magically give it to you, it could only motivate you.

I love hypnosis as much as the next man, but for God's sake people, get your heads screwed on.

Uh no but yeah I got a doctor to say, well he had a white coat, well, um, yeah anyway yeah he said I turned into a magician with hypnosis but then um yeah so shutup cause you dun know what you're saying why don't you try it? Yeah because you're um ugly that's right you are totally ugly comma, yes you are so you are not hypnotism talking about this COULD TOTALLY HAPPEN I totally just turned into a woman right now I just said I mean a doctor told me so. This is totally true hypnotism is magic stop being insulting my hypnotism religion!!!! One!
Mino
Regular
Regular

Postby steve14 » January 28th, 2008, 3:50 pm

drawing is a skill.. if the person teaching or hypnotizing
has the skill they have a chance of sharing it hence my suggestion to read a good book that is written expressly for the purpose of making non artists able to draw..

example a file saying "pick up a pencil and you will draw like Michael Angelo"is a guaranteed failure

or a file reinforsing and internalizing known techniques used and shared by all skilled artists .. a chance of success
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby Wildsprite » January 28th, 2008, 4:17 pm

BobbyS wrote:Oh get real, people. If people didn't have their heads in the clouds about what hypnosis can or can't do then maybe there wouldn't be so many posts asking for help getting hypnosis to work for them.

you know people like this drive me nuts, your so hellbent about what you THINK hypnosis cant do you just create doubt with your words, creating doubt instead of helping to find a possible solution is more pathetic than some of the crazy ideas in the votes section, my point is even the most out there of ideas CAN work if the person believes and the tist knows how to word it correctly
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » January 28th, 2008, 6:56 pm

What, creating doubt is worse than giving people false hope? My bad.

Just to illustrate my point though - with regard to the Voting page - this is the first unlikely pick from the bottom (the two below were behavioural so they are actually likely to work).

The head of your cock will slowly, but inexorably, wither. Each time you masturbate, it will become less full, less round, less viable. The head of your cock will begin disappearing once you begin listening to this file. The nerves will die. The blood vessels will shrink. The shaft will still be there, but, eventually, there will be no head on top of it. The head will die. You will get the headless cock that you need and want so desperately.

Clearly the product of a disturbed mind, methinks, but that's neither here nor there.
So, please tell me how hypnotising someone could make this work. Please. I'd love to hear.

Look, I've been into erotic hypnosis for years. I love trancing people and hearing all about why they're into what they are. But you have to accept certain things are just not not possible, but also ludicrous.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby sunray_2 » January 29th, 2008, 12:18 am

I really don't think it is that hopeless. Sure, a file telling you that you are an accomplished artist will only set you up for failure, should the suggestions take hold at all.

Drawing however starts with learning to look at things properly and continues with practice, and a file that lowers your inhibitions (i can't draw, it needs a divine spark that i didn't get), motivates you to practice mentally ( since i have a few spare minutes anyway, i could as well sketch the surroundings in my mind ) and practically ( let's see whether it really looks on paper like i worked it out ), could do a lot for people who are used to produce mental images due to a hypnosis fetish.

After you have developed your inner reprograph, you are likely to read up on different styles anyway.
sunray_2

Postby Wildsprite » January 29th, 2008, 12:52 am

I did not say to give them false hope, only to not create doubt, giving someone false hope is coming in and saying in no uncertain terms "yeah it can be done" where as creating doubt is saying things like "this cant be done" or "impossible" you don't have to create false hope nor discourage someone

and yeah the cockhead decapitation file made me tilt my head and think "am I really seeing this? why would someone want such a thing, it makes more sense to just try to make your penis shrink entirely"

while I agree that some things are insane and maybe a bit out there I do not believe anything on that page is not possible, I think if the person wants it bad enough and the tist knows how to word it ANYTHING is possible, thats not to say they will get what they are looking for from here
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby missypuss » January 29th, 2008, 1:21 am

Watched the debate with interest. Wouldnt one say that all art is subjective anyhow?

Just look at Damien Hirsts work, or Tracey Emmins for a case in point!!
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Wildsprite » January 29th, 2008, 2:42 am

missypuss wrote:Watched the debate with interest. Wouldnt one say that all art is subjective anyhow?

Just look at Damien Hirsts work, or Tracey Emmins for a case in point!!

good point
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sunray_2 » January 29th, 2008, 2:52 am

missypuss wrote:Watched the debate with interest. Wouldnt one say that all art is subjective anyhow?

Certainly. The request was for better drawing skills though, not for liberal artistic self-expression.
sunray_2

Postby maskedsow » January 29th, 2008, 5:33 am

oopd diddnt mean to start a debate sorry i meant something to help with procrastination and self doubt in my mind and help me see more like a artist in terms of shape and tone, i have drawing with the right side of the brain and have read it but found it helped a great deal but just need that extra bit of confidence really will start trying that file you recomended thankyou will see how it goes thanks for all your replies
maskedsow
Regular
Regular

Postby steve14 » January 29th, 2008, 6:16 am

[quote="maskedsowsomething to help with procrastination and self doubt in my mind and help me see more like a artist in terms of shape and tone, i have drawing with the right side of the brain and have read it but found it helped a great deal[/quote]

seeing like a artist is the reason i suggested the book i took a class with it and was amazed i went from stick figures that would embarrass a 3rd grader to doing portraits that looked like my subject ... good luck with your quest to be a better artist and who knows maybe this debate will help find a hypnotist that understand the perceptual side of art and can help you out...
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby BobbyS » January 29th, 2008, 8:45 am

I did not say to give them false hope, only to not create doubt, giving someone false hope is coming in and saying in no uncertain terms "yeah it can be done" where as creating doubt is saying things like "this cant be done" or "impossible" you don't have to create false hope nor discourage someone

and yeah the cockhead decapitation file made me tilt my head and think "am I really seeing this? why would someone want such a thing, it makes more sense to just try to make your penis shrink entirely"

while I agree that some things are insane and maybe a bit out there I do not believe anything on that page is not possible, I think if the person wants it bad enough and the tist knows how to word it ANYTHING is possible, thats not to say they will get what they are looking for from here

You're kidding? You actually believe a hypnotic trance (however deep) can make somebody's GLANS SHRIVEL UP AND DIE??!!! Are you loco? No - skip that - judging by other posts on the Voting page it's obvious there are way more far gone nutjobs out there.

Not to get personal, but it's this whole "Oooh, you never know what's possible" attitude that annoys me with regards to some hypnofetishists. No - everything is not possible or else somebody would have hypnotised themselves into Superman by now. Each to their own of course, but the reason this annoys me is because whenever you try to convince people that hypnosis is genuine their first thought is of crackpots making unsubstantiated claims, as opposed to the subtle and/or mental changes you can make.

And please, can we ditch the whole idea that hypnosis can physically change your body? The only crossover between hypnosis and body (and I'd be willing to bet this is where a lot of it came from) is that you can use hypnosis to boost your immune system. And that's because your frame of mind can dramatically impact your immune system. If you are depressed, your immune functioning can be (sometimes dramatically) lowered. That's it!

And if you believe that anything on the Voting page is possible, that presumably means you believe this gem:
you start changing into a Renamon every night starting with the feet and hands, and the changes become more and more until you become Renamon with all of it's powers and abiltiys, The file is Perment and lasts forever

For anyone wondering what a Renamon is, here it is: http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7d/Renamon.PNG

Wow, I get to change into a different species and gain superpowers! Sign me up!
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » January 29th, 2008, 9:41 am

BobbyS wrote:

You're kidding? You actually believe a hypnotic trance (however deep) can make somebody's GLANS SHRIVEL UP AND DIE??!!! Are you loco? No - skip that - judging by other posts on the Voting page it's obvious there are way more far gone nutjobs out there.

Not to get personal, but it's this whole "Oooh, you never know what's possible" attitude that annoys me with regards to some hypnofetishists. No - everything is not possible or else somebody would have hypnotised themselves into Superman by now. Each to their own of course, but the reason this annoys me is because whenever you try to convince people that hypnosis is genuine their first thought is of crackpots making unsubstantiated claims, as opposed to the subtle and/or mental changes you can make.

And please, can we ditch the whole idea that hypnosis can physically change your body? The only crossover between hypnosis and body (and I'd be willing to bet this is where a lot of it came from) is that you can use hypnosis to boost your immune system. And that's because your frame of mind can dramatically impact your immune system. If you are depressed, your immune functioning can be (sometimes dramatically) lowered. That's it!

And if you believe that anything on the Voting page is possible, that presumably means you believe this gem:
you start changing into a Renamon every night starting with the feet and hands, and the changes become more and more until you become Renamon with all of it's powers and abiltiys, The file is Perment and lasts forever

For anyone wondering what a Renamon is, here it is: http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7d/Renamon.PNG

Wow, I get to change into a different species and gain superpowers! Sign me up!

Ok I have to jump in here. First of all I believe that the Renamon file is suppose to be hallucinatory and not real. If the poster was thinking something else then please correct me. The second thing is NO ONE knows what the mind is capable of. Not you, not me. Third thing with the physical transformations it may not be a transformation but a shift into another reality. Scientists are now saying that there are many universes or realities. This has come about because of quantum physics. The scientists say that there is not only multiple paths or choices that could happen but that each one does happen creating an infinite number of alternate realities. It's only a matter of time before they begin to wonder if it's possible for a person's mind, conscious self, soul, or whatever you want to call to leap from one reality to another.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » January 29th, 2008, 10:30 am

Ok I have to jump in here. First of all I believe that the Renamon file is suppose to be hallucinatory and not real. If the poster was thinking something else then please correct me. The second thing is NO ONE knows what the mind is capable of. Not you, not me. Third thing with the physical transformations it may not be a transformation but a shift into another reality. Scientists are now saying that there are many universes or realities. This has come about because of quantum physics. The scientists say that there is not only multiple paths or choices that could happen but that each one does happen creating an infinite number of alternate realities. It's only a matter of time before they begin to wonder if it's possible for a person's mind, conscious self, soul, or whatever you want to call to leap from one reality to another.

I give up, I really do. Nope - from now on I'll stop bothering to apply logic and common sense here. You win. Let's all grow 12" inch penises and use hypnosis to remotely seduce supermodels.

Before I drown in a sea of meaningless speculation though - just think about what you're proposing with the whole infinite universe thing (which BTW is just a THEORY). If the theory did prove to be the case, and every action created an infinite number of parallel worlds, then it would be completely impossible to cross them.
How do I know this?
Because if it was possible to cross them, then we must have found out at some stage they exist right? At any rate, once someone crosses into another one we'd KNOW they exist.
So, let's say in another parallel world they did that. They proved the existence of parallel worlds. They would have taken a certain number of actions which led to the discovery of how to cross parallel worlds. It's therefore possible there's one parallel world where they already know how to access parallel worlds. Let's say this one was formed (for argument's sake) in the 19th Century from a string of random actions leading to the formation of a world where they know how to cross parallel worlds. Now they need to pick a world to go to (or it's random and they just stumble into one). It doesn't matter which one they pick because the theory of parallel worlds mean they WILL stumble into ours. They look to stumble into a parallel world and ours IS a parallel world ergo in one outcome they went into ours. Ergo, IF parallel worlds did exist, and IF it was possible to travel between them, we'd already know about it.

And that, m'dear is why I prefer to stick to logic rather than wild conjecture.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Henrique » January 29th, 2008, 2:52 pm

BobbyS, since the Curse Womb Threadhttp://warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3538 I've gave up to explain science to people. It's like talking to doors: If they dont want to believe they won't belive, if you punched the plain truth in their faces 'till their nose bleeds.
The battle was lost from the beginning, because don't matter what you say, they won't believe.

edited for correction of linking
Henrique
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Wildsprite » January 29th, 2008, 3:50 pm

this thread should be closed due to the continuing arguments
due to certain bold opinions this thread is not a civilized conversation anymore
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » January 29th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Well I mean like I say, I've conceded the argument anyway.

However, don't quit on my part - the argument may be getting lively and passionate, but at least nobody's mother, penis size or sex life has been called into question. That and nobody's actually sweared yet. In that respect at least the argument's civilized. Like I say though, I give up - I plainly can't convince you and loony.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » January 29th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Oh and bold opinion? I've been the only one who's stuck to logic and fact so far without irrationally hypothesising.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby steve14 » January 29th, 2008, 5:14 pm

i have no problem with logic science or the separation of fact from fantasy and hallucination from reality .. this is a post about drawing and drawing ability is a learn able skill with a large perceptual element, the brain mind does the perceiving and therefore is improvable with a script that understand and works on artistic perceptions and skills .. as for the rest of the mind over matter arguments there are way to many of them to separate each one into reality/hallucination, fact/fantasy , possible/improbable .....
Last edited by steve14 on January 29th, 2008, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby Wildsprite » January 29th, 2008, 5:21 pm

there oughta be a separate section for the arguments of what can and cant happen
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Wildsprite » January 29th, 2008, 5:46 pm

BobbyS wrote:You're kidding? You actually believe a hypnotic trance (however deep) can make somebody's GLANS SHRIVEL UP AND DIE??!!! Are you loco? No - skip that - judging by other posts on the Voting page it's obvious there are way more far gone nutjobs out there.

BobbyS wrote:Oh and bold opinion? I've been the only one who's stuck to logic and fact so far without irrationally hypothesising.

perhaps not but insulting people because of what they believe is not rational, infact its downright rude
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Lobotaru » January 29th, 2008, 6:56 pm

I'm an artist, and I can honestly tell you that you can improve your ability to visualize and think in 3d. Hypnosis will not instantly make you better at it, but using it for visualization exercises with positive encouragement would most definitely help in the long term.
As for actually improving your artistic skills, hypnosis can help increase your confidence, your focus, and ability to ignore excess stimuli, but you probably won't suddenly find yourself drawing like Rembrandt. Well, unless you are naturally skilled and were just doubting your abilities all along.
Lobotaru
Regular
Regular

Postby BobbyS » January 29th, 2008, 7:06 pm

As for actually improving your artistic skills, hypnosis can help increase your confidence, your focus, and ability to ignore excess stimuli, but you probably won't suddenly find yourself drawing like Rembrandt. Well, unless you are naturally skilled and were just doubting your abilities all along.

This is the crux of my argument: if you have the talent, I'm reasonably confident hypnosis can help you improve it, but no amount of hypnosis can help you with a talent you don't have.[/quote]
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » January 30th, 2008, 4:19 am

Exactly!
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby steve14 » January 30th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Lobotaru wrote:you probably won't suddenly find yourself drawing like Rembrandt. Well, unless you are naturally skilled and were just doubting your abilities all along.

OK true enough but the difference between skill and artistic talent is a tough one many great artists are not recognized during there life time, so he may never be Rembrandt few are ,i still believe any one can be good at drawing any one can learn the skills necessary to draw well...
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby busboy » January 31st, 2008, 3:25 am

Gotta agree with Cardigan . . .
Can hypnosis help me practice playing the guitar? Yes. Can it make me a guitar player without practicing? No.
I could see a file helping you gain confidence in your skills, or allowing you to focus, or things such as that. But hypnosis giving you "talent"? That implies the talent is inherently inside you, and just needs to be unlocked. That assumes everybody is inherently talented at everything.
busboy
Regular
Regular

Postby steve14 » January 31st, 2008, 5:55 am

OK i may be wrong but i was in a class with a half dozen non artists with no talent and no skill after taking the class all 6 did a portrait that any one who saw them would say they had skill nobody was going to be confused with rembrandt yet we all could draw a portrait that looked like the subject all six drawings would easily pass for being done by an artist. we all spent time we all practiced we all studied to see the way a artist sees(the biggest hurdle for non drawers and the mental perceptual side of drawing) ..nobody asked for a miracle pill it just a request for a file that helps develop the ability to draw
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » January 31st, 2008, 6:15 am

Well, first of all: who's saying none of the 6 had any talent whatsover? Of course they did, or why else enroll in an art class. That being said the art of drawing or painting - or sculpting - are all in part craftsmanships. You learn how to hold a brush or pencil. You learn about perspective, shades and all the things that combine to make a drawing. A lot of this is a craft which will improve on tutoring and practise. But hypnosis cannot be a substitute for this kind of teaching. Hypnosis can - however - break down the resistance holding back somebody from trying to make an effort. With hypnosis you can certainly speed up the learning process, increase the mental concentration in the work of art and so forth. It's sort of like the art of making a cupboard. Most people can buy a cupboard they have to assemble in IKEA, for instace (I don't know if you have them in the US, but they are pretty big in Europe. They specialise in affordable, yet smart furniture, that you have to assemble yourself). You get the cardboard boxes home, you go through them and study the plans, and then slowly you assemble the cupboard. Whereas an artist sees something that has not yet been created, thinks up design and functionality of this new cupboard that he wants to make and goes to the lumberyard, buys the materials and sets forth. And then someday his cupboard - unique in design - is ready. Hypnosis can certainly nurture an artistic mind and make it even better or faster at creating unique things, but it cannot transform somebody without that base ability into doing it.

So take an artist or anybody with an inch of talent, and hypnosis can help bring it out, help conquer inhibitions that stand in the way of the artist and so forth. It can help, but it can't create.

Just my 2 cents.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby steve14 » February 1st, 2008, 3:02 pm

- are all in part craftsmanship. You learn how to hold a brush or pencil. You learn about perspective, shades and all the things that combine to make a drawing. --cardigan
the class dealt with seeing like a artist developing the way you look at a subject if you look the way a artist looks you see the perspective and shading and can put it down on paper it did not deal with creativity only the ability to draw a accurate picture of whats in front of you .- i think we took the class in part because of the claim that any one can learn to draw if your interested in creating a file or learning to draw check out drawing on the right side of the brain. the op has said he read the book and found it very helpful.... we all may have more inherent talent than anyone suspects . fun topic but nuf said for me...
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby notyou » February 2nd, 2008, 12:21 am

As a side note, has anyone here read "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain?" Betty Edwards's thesis is that proper artistic effort requires a trance-like state that modifies the way you see the world. She has instructions on how to achieve that state. The results are somewhat similar to hypnosis, but it's different in that it utterly neutralizes that inner voice in the back of your head. In fact, even speaking takes some effort.

If you've never tried it, I'd recommend checking it out. It's like an artist's high. I've yet to figure out how to use it as an induction.
notyou
Regular
Regular

Postby Blink » February 2nd, 2008, 1:12 pm

notyou wrote:As a side note, has anyone here read "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain?"
I actually thought of that book a while back in this thread. I think it was right after someone said that being able to draw is a genetic-based thing that you're either born with or can't acquire.

There's some very good material in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain that's both very effective and very teachable. It's not all about altered brain-states, either. Some of it is good old-fashioned conscious-and-awake tricks for your mind. There's a good example where students are asked to draw a steel cart--the sort that they used to put TVs on back when I was in school. The first set of drawings is pretty bad. Then they're instructed to draw the negative space around the carts. The silhouettes are near perfect.

-- Blink
Ai can has mor dirty tricks plz?
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Kharon » February 12th, 2008, 11:48 am

cardigan wrote:Hypnosis can enhance anything you can LEARN. Making you learn much faster and better. But art isn't just technique - is it? There's that thing called talent too.

I can make somebody believe they're Michelangelo. No problem! But will he be able to do the Sistene Chapel? I doubt it.

Art is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. Being an artist is far more about putting in the work and building the skill than having some amazing in-born talent. And all too often, we confuse "talent" with "learned skill". A talent allows you to grasp concepts and learn certain things more quickly, true -- but so can hypnosis, so what, in reality, is the difference between hypnotic conditioning to improve visualization and retention of learned skills compared to an in-born talent for creating artwork?

We often speak of skillful persons as being "talented" -- a hypnotist who could make a true one-size-fits-all induction would no doubt be considered talented, even if perfecting said induction technique took 5, 10, 20 years or more. A football player who is skilled at scoring points or acquiring the ball we may also call talented, even if this person started off with no skill or intuition for the game, and just a desire to play and become good at the game. Because we so often confuse talent for skill, it becomes difficult sometimes to see the difference between the two, but to me, it mostly seems like basic intuition which enhances a learned skill.

Someone may have talent for composing music, but if they never pick up an instrument, how will anybody know? These artistic endeavors are much more about the work than an in-born talent. A talent never used may as well not exist, and a skilled person can outshine an untrained talent.
Kharon
Regular
Regular

Postby Cade » February 12th, 2008, 1:16 pm

i adore artist resolve, given i haven't listened to it in a while, but i must disagree, yes it may not be possible to improve someone's talent through hypnosis, but theres more than just talent and the know how (like proportions) its called passion for your art, when someone puts their hardest effort forth into their artwork, it dosen't matter how crappy, or how badly he or she layed it out, if they put their heart into it, the rest doesn't matter, and you will see and feel how much someone worked on this piece. THAT is what matters, the feeling behind the art, without that art is a soulless boring picture. same goes for hypnosis itself! if you do not capture the listener with a good pallet of words using correct amount of love for what you do, the higher chances that said listener may fall under to you. stop me if you dis agree, because i'll debate all day on art ;)
Cade
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis