medication/drugs that help induce trance?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Postby Jack » March 14th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Are you looking for OTC(over the counter), illegal, or prescription drugs?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby busboy » March 15th, 2008, 7:42 pm

In doing a little digging and begging for information in regards to my upcoming experiment with No2, I've gotten the impression that the short-to-moderatate lasting barbituates (Seconal, Amobarbital, etc.) are extremely effective, but obviously they're not OTC.

btw -- the above info comes via HeliumPhoenix, so I can't cite to a particular study, but his info has always been solid and he clearly knows his way around the study of hypnosis IMHO, so credit the information as much as you feel is appropriate.
busboy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nicko » March 21st, 2008, 12:04 am

A) alcohol - Be careful, you want relaxed, not giddy. That state where you just start to be distracted/stop thinking so much.

B) Mild anti-depressants - I'd guess a regiment of St Johns wort or the like would be helpful.

C) Some pain medication - I've has deep trances while taking half or a quarter dose of prescription Norco (a,k.a Vicodin ). But like all pain meds it has a high addition profile. (Personally I had minor withdrawal symptoms after just 5 days post-wisdom teeth removal)

D) Tranquilizers/relaxants - there are many illegal substances here that can produce such results. But for a legal alternative I would recommend trying Kava.

All of the above are just about releasing stress or distracting your conscious mind slightly. Going too far can produce negative effects. And if your practiced in meditation or similar techniques you can achieve the same state quicker. and deeper just by practice. In other words I would say experiment with drugs as a trance enhancer, just don't view it as a shortcut as they can just as easily hinder hypnosis states too.

Many times a little Jazz, ambient, or light music (BTW Tibetan chants are great too if you can avoid falling asleep), a few deep breaths, and some imagery of spring thunderstorm/beach relaxation/etc works just as well as all of the above.

And as for things like Sodium Pentathol or other drugs for 'Mind Control'. The 'CIA's Family Jewels' and Freedom of Information Act released info on earlier brainwashing experiments showed that many substances, while initially helpful at relaxing a patient, eventually caused barriers to progress. So nope...there is no hypnosis pill.
Nicko

Return to General Hypnosis