Bah, distractions!

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Bah, distractions!

Postby incojohn » March 9th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Everytime I try to lay down and listen to a file I get this crazy itching on the end of my nose/upper lip area. EVERYTIME. Its very distracting! Sometimes I'm able to resist but I feel like its keeping me from an effective trance. Anyone else have little disctrations like this and can maybe provide any tips?
incojohn

Postby lizzie101 » March 9th, 2008, 8:56 pm

I get this sometimes, usually just when I start listening to a file. I'm not sure how to describe what I do...But I pretty much focus my mind on making the itch go away, and usually it works. I guess you can say I tell myself that it's not really there, again and again until it is gone. Ummm that's all I can think of, I may just be confusing you :P but it does work well for me. I hope I have helped some.
lizzie101
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 9th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Urban and incojohn - Welcome to Warp My Mind, both of you.

Ready for good news? The itching you're feeling... it's a positive sign for beginners.

Many guys just getting started with hypnosis report their bodies respond to hypnosis in one of two ways.
    1. Itching - usually the nose
    2. Arousal
Since you've asked about itching, that's what this response focuses on.

- One alternative is to scratch the itch and move on. Your life-experience has countless instances where you scratch an itch without thinking about it. You just do it and forget about it.

- Another alternative is to feel the itch fade away and stop. In the quiet of your mind, you have the ability to count from five down to one, and as you count, the itching fades and disappears. (Thank you Lizzy101 for validating!)

The observation you've both made about itching is one I often hear from beginners who are listening to hypnosis MP3s for long periods each day. If that's your situation, consider listening less. By listening for 20-30 minutes in the morning and again 20-30 minutes in the evening, you can leave your mind wanting more.

The best to you!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby lizzie101 » March 9th, 2008, 9:20 pm

Hmm, I had no idea the itching had anything to do with hypnosis, cool :)
lizzie101
Regular
Regular

Postby Apothem » March 9th, 2008, 9:58 pm

yup yup, the itching is mostly a figment of your mind, and thus you can banish it just like any thought.
Apothem
Regular
Regular

Postby Aphrodite » March 10th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Ooh, that's helpful indeed :o

Um, i actually 'suffer' from both things, but it might not even be.. well, an arousing MP3 o.ô
Like.. for instance, the one with the housekeeping or the speedlearning. What would you recommend on that? because it's pretty persistent and destroys any type of focus >.>
And as soon as I step out of trance or stop listening, either at the time are gone as well.
Aphrodite

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 10th, 2008, 3:35 pm

Welcome aboard, Aphrodite.

Your body never lies to you. The arousal? It's simply your mind affirming you've found something you desire.

Your best response is to smile. Let a feeling of happiness wash over you. And then focus more on the words that touch your mind in this wonderful way.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Henrique » March 10th, 2008, 4:29 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:
Your body never lies to you. The arousal? It's simply your mind affirming you've found something you desire.

Getting hard listening to a feminization file... Mean that I want it? And what do I do? It may be better to masturbate before listening to it?
Henrique
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dumpertaker » March 11th, 2008, 5:15 am

What about twitching? I somtimes have a twitch in my left leg, could this be my body/mind fighting trance?
dumpertaker
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 11th, 2008, 5:56 am

It's tempting to believe the response of male arousal when enjoying feminizing hypnosis is an incorrect response. It seems illogical, doesn't it?

I assure you my advice is unchanged. Embrace the illogical.

The perception change I invite you to make... it will bring together the response of your conscious mind and the response of your subconscious mind. Let a feeling of happiness wash over you. And focus more on the words that touch your mind so powerfully.

When the two parts (conscious & subconscious) are in-synch, the incidents of arousal will lessen... replaced by happiness.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 11th, 2008, 11:41 am

dumpertaker wrote:What about twitching? I somtimes have a twitch in my left leg, could this be my body/mind fighting trance?

Hello, dumpertaker. Thanks for asking.

You've been a member of WMM for a few months now - not really a beginner at hypnosis anymore. This response is a message of caution for folks who've been enjoying recreational hypnosis for awhile... a message for experienced subjects.

Experienced subjects should be watchful for internal distractions like itching or twitches. Internal distractions may simply be an indication of fatigue. Or, they may be an indication of something more:
    a) Something new is being suggested or tried. If that's your situation, try again another time when you're rested and feeling contented.

b) The nature of the suggestion (or the pace of implementation) is perceived as impossible. When this happens, try a different method for defining (visualizing) success. Taking the direct route is an efficient way to reach your destination. But taking the scenic route can be better sometimes.

c) Something objectionable is being suggested. Discontinue hypnosis for about 3 weeks... the time it takes to learn a habit. Then, resume with caution.
Keep watching this post. It's likely that other hypnotists will want to modify this list.

One last thing:
For anyone working with a hypnotist (live sessions, either face-to-face or remote); if you begin experiencing internal distractions be sure to let them know what's going on.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby bizzy » April 3rd, 2008, 1:52 pm

sometimes i feel like saliva is building up in my throat, does this happen to anyone else?

the hardest thing for me when listening to files, is relaxing the neck area, sometimes it just doesnt feel comfortable, and the constant build up of saliva.
bizzy

Postby dynamite » April 3rd, 2008, 8:49 pm

bizzy wrote:sometimes i feel like saliva is building up in my throat, does this happen to anyone else?

the hardest thing for me when listening to files, is relaxing the neck area, sometimes it just doesnt feel comfortable, and the constant build up of saliva.

yea i get that one. usually it's a sign of dehydration (for me anyway) i stop the file, drink a bit and listen agan.

Thanks for the great explanatons MN_FriendlyGuy i have been going under for a long time now and a few fles stll get me aroused, can be quite annoying with somefiles (instantly wet) as it's hard to pee with an erection.
dynamite
Regular
Regular

Postby bizzy » April 3rd, 2008, 10:17 pm

dynamite wrote:
bizzy wrote:sometimes i feel like saliva is building up in my throat, does this happen to anyone else?

yea i get that one. usually it's a sign of dehydration (for me anyway) i stop the file, drink a bit and listen agan.

Thanks for the great explanatons MN_FriendlyGuy i have been going under for a long time now and a few fles stll get me aroused, can be quite annoying with somefiles (instantly wet) as it's hard to pee with an erection.

thx for the reply dynamite.

just curious, if you happen to move a little during the induction, do you start over? or keep listening?
bizzy

Return to General Hypnosis