weird symptoms

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

weird symptoms

Postby Nanashi » June 24th, 2005, 7:26 am

Does anyone else ever experience slight muscle spasms or tremors while going into trance? .-.
Nanashi

Postby OUstud82 » June 24th, 2005, 8:32 am

every so often my entire body will just tense up at once, which wakes me up.. :-\
OUstud82

Postby BobbyS » June 25th, 2005, 7:09 am

It's like going to sleep, sometimes my leg will do a single spasm right before I drop off.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

yes

Postby vecet » June 29th, 2005, 8:11 pm

dam spasms
vecet

Postby Jack » June 29th, 2005, 9:03 pm

I believe I've posted somewhere else about this.. but just in case..

Usually any spasms or twitching that occurs during the process of going to sleep or into a trance is due to your body releasing tension/stress/stored energy.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Fleshmaster » July 1st, 2005, 11:34 pm

I had similar symptoms when first experimenting with Hypnosis. I had a very high mental resistance and I believe it lessened and later ceased when became comfortable with the concept of hypnosis and relaxing to the point of allowing my subconsious to be exposed to suggestion.

However I still get a twitch in my knee if have the feeling there is some sort of latent hypnosis or NLP that I'm being exposed to against my will (some advertising), <grins> almost like "spider sense" if you will.
"After all, the brain is the second largest sex organ in your body, the largest, is your flesh."
Fleshmaster

Postby Ivorywolf » July 2nd, 2005, 9:22 am

I get muscle spasms when I'm freed from a trance, maybe a little bit afterwards.
Ivorywolf

Postby redshoes » July 4th, 2005, 4:20 pm

Ok...

Well at least I'm realief its kind of normal...

In fact, I also feel muscle spams, mostly on my stomach but I also feel them in arms and legs while I take the IncreaseMetabolism file...

But I also found something even funnier... at certain moments of the file... the spam makes my body feel as if it was increasing muscles... as if for a moment I became a body builder.

I'm not sure if that is some kind of allucination or if it's part of the file or how my body decides to "burn fat" It just kind of... Weird
redshoes

Postby pumpkin_king » July 12th, 2005, 6:35 am

My toes do something weird... lol.

Nah, when I start to relax more and more I feel slight spasms down at my feet and toes. A couple of time I've had the jumping leg too tho :p
pumpkin_king

Postby VeryGnawty » July 12th, 2005, 8:31 am

redshoes wrote:
But I also found something even funnier... at certain moments of the file... the spam makes my body feel as if it was increasing muscles... as if for a moment I became a body builder.

I'm not sure if that is some kind of allucination or if it's part of the file or how my body decides to "burn fat" It just kind of... Weird

Muscles need more energy to maintain than other bodily structures. Logically, the best way to increase your basal metabolism would be to increase your muscle mass.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby isadora » July 12th, 2005, 3:38 pm

i hate when some part of me becomes itchy (nose, feet, etc.) that totally throws me off.

and yes my leg will twitch, which makes me giggle 'cause i start thinking: 'ah so when my dog does this in his sleep it's 'cause he's hypnotised and aroused', which is silly.

but it just throws me off. doesn't exactly wake me up from the trance, just breaks the concentration a little bit.
isadora
Regular
Regular

Postby Psychomech » July 16th, 2005, 9:55 am

I myself have a medical nuerological disorder called Benign Essential Tremor. This disorder is caused by an unknown trigger and causes uncontrolable tremor similar to Parkinson's and if I try to control it consciously it becomes worse. If I am without my medication for a while and the suddenly get back on it it takes about one to two months get get used to the phantom sesations I get from being used to the muscles being in constant movement. I have taken several different medications for it. A Drug called Zaneflex seems to work the best... But it either Knocks me out when i first take it as it is a nuero-inhibitor or makes me so groggy that i am not sure what is going on.

I HAVE made progress on getting into a trance without my meds. it is just difficult to to... I have learned to block any sensation similar to what is caused by my condition. It took me several months to do this. Now i can enter a very light trance but not deep enough for hypnosis sofar.

My 2 cents
Psychomech

Re: weird symptoms

Postby Hawk_Spain » August 6th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Nanashi wrote:Does anyone else ever experience slight muscle spasms or tremors while going into trance? .-.

I do feel those spasms, both when getting asleep and going into trance... They wake me up a bit, but as long as they stop happening I fall deep faster.
:idea: What files were you trying Nanashi? Maybe some files have a muscle movement component.
Hawk_Spain
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis