setting the sleep trigger in a stage/street show.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

setting the sleep trigger in a stage/street show.

Postby dynamite » April 8th, 2008, 6:05 am

ok guys, i have been usng hypnosis at parties for a while now, and it's getting boring, i have been using long inductions and been a bit of a one trick pony not understandng how to make someone instaly return to the hypnotic state for the next suggestion.

do i need to install a trigger for this to happen? or should telling them to sleep just do the job? i havn't played with this yet to even done a little trial and error.

if i do need to make a trigger could someone please reply with a bit of a script on what i might say.

thanks guys
dynamite
Regular
Regular

Postby FrozenRose » April 8th, 2008, 1:53 pm

I went to watch a lady 2 times different parts of the year, she just says sleep and they return back to sleep when she wants them to, I can say more later, busy now. Touching them to put certien ones to sleep, or what ones to wake up by saying so. Brb later. Busy.
FrozenRose
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » April 8th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Well, there are some pretty instant inductions, that can be used on most anybody - but they only work on a direct basis, because they involve timing your moves according to the subject.

But apart from that one long induction to induce a nice, deep level of trance followed by the installation of a trigger to put the subject under in a second is a good alternative. I've made a couple of files that will do that.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby dharden » April 8th, 2008, 5:07 pm

Some people might return to hypnosis if you just tell them to sleep, if they expect that to happen in the setting or situation they're in. In effect, they've given themselves the suggestion that that would happen. Rather than count on that, give a suggestion that sets a trigger or cue for quick reinduction.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » April 8th, 2008, 6:18 pm

There are a few instant or quick inductions that would suit you i think. The handshake interupt is quite quick.

The other method is to tell the person that you are going to put them into a trance but first you need to test how much of a good subject they are.You then instruct them to interlock their hands and tighten their fingers as much as possible.Then tell them to concentrate as hard as they can on making the fingers locking tight. After about twenty seconds of continued instruction,you then click your fingers right in front of their eyes and shout "SLEEP". The make sure your quick to catch them and then give them the instruction to stand up straight.

A similar method is to get them to hold their hands out and give them a towel or similar to hold onto.You tell them that in a minute you are going to snatch if from thier hand.But they must keep it so tight that you cant pull it from them.Walk round them a few times and do the same finger click and shout SLEEP.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby 3NN » April 8th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Dynamite, I find that most people who have never seen hypnosis before enjoy watching a slow induction. It fascinates them, and they can follow along with the suggestions if they like. However, once in a relatively deep trance, I implant a trigger like this, "When I snap my fingers you will feel yourself sinking deeper and deeper. Every time I snap my fingers you will go 10x deeper. Deeper and deeper." All the while snapping my fingers.

Then I usually bring them back with a count to three, "Feeling fine, refreshed, full of energy and enthusiasm."

After that you can do all sorts of showy reinductions that will have people gasping in amazement. My favorite is "finger of god" where you have two volunteers stand behind the the person and catch them when they fall. If you have the person tilt their head forward first before touching them on the forehead and saying sleep, they'll sometimes jerk backwards, giving the impression of shocking the person with lightening, thus "finger of god".
3NN

Postby dynamite » April 8th, 2008, 9:47 pm

i am proficient at instant industions, although i like the soud of a few here.
i have had no problem putting them into trance, is the instant snap fingers and reinduction for the next suggestiong i am questioning.

from what i have read on here it sounded like people will self install that trigger.

i mght start usng one to induce and deepen on command as the instant inductioin usually isn't a deep sleep.

as for the handshake interupt someone mentioned, i have used that with great effect, even to suprise the person into followng my instructions for an induction
dynamite
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » April 9th, 2008, 2:01 am

Sorry i read your requst wrong.

If your familiar with NLP and anchoring,how about using two anchors. E.g. One knee/hand/shoulder for waking and the other knee/hand/shoulder for returning to trance.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby dharden » April 9th, 2008, 5:14 pm

dynamite wrote:from what i have read on here it sounded like people will self install that trigger.

If you're referring to what I wrote, I was trying to say that some people may, in effect, have already self-installed that sort of trigger before any induction was done on them - as a result of their own expectations. I don't know what percentage of people this is true of, but it's nowhere close to all, and I doubt that it's close to most.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis