An Inconsistent Study

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

An Inconsistent Study

Postby saren88 » April 10th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Greetings everyone! I'm in search of a bit of advice regarding deep trances and hopefully I'll be able to figure out the (likely self-imposed) problems I've been having. As the subject line implies I'm quite the inconsistent study; I started looking into hypnosis in general about a year ago, maybe more, as a means of relaxation and sleep aid. In the past year I've gotten to the point where I can easily drift into a shallow trance but can't seem to get beyond that state.

Initially my trances were entirely without induction, just laying back and relaxing by myself. I can always get to a point where my entire body is heavy and I simply don't want to move, which is a good starting point from what I've read. Occasionally I get one step past that and experience the "tilting" feeling which took a few tries to get used to and avoid breaking the trance entirely.

Since stumbling across this site (which is great by the way!) I've been trying out various induction techniques and files and I seem to have the same problem. I almost always get to the same level of trance regardless of method or voice.

I guess my question here boils down into:

- Am I on the right track, not far enough or right where I need to be?

On a related note, does anyone have any suggestions for files that could help me better test my trancing? Something simple and easy to recognize (sexual could work but nothing too powerful :wink: ).

My ultimate goal is to eventually experience a transformation. A long term goal certainly, and I have plenty of patience luckily enough. Most importantly though I'm not giving up!

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the wall of text!
saren88

Postby whatthe75 » April 11th, 2008, 5:05 pm

The more you experience trance the easier it becomes to go deeper. Some people can take longer than others.Some people go deep on their first attempt.

How do you know your not going deep?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby saren88 » April 11th, 2008, 8:16 pm

whatthe75 wrote:The more you experience trance the easier it becomes to go deeper. Some people can take longer than others.Some people go deep on their first attempt.

How do you know your not going deep?

Well, I'm not sure if this is just a preconceived notion about trances or not but I usually find myself completely alert right to the end of the file, whereas I'd expect to 'zone out' I guess. I never fall asleep during them or blink in and out, I just end up sitting back (usually laying back actually) and drifting along with the file to a certain point each time.

It's definitely possible I'm still working my way along and just need some more time to regularly listen. That's why I'm asking :) I'm not sure if there's another step beyond my current depth or if I'm on track.

Thanks for the reply, by the way!
saren88

Postby Kimberly_tv » April 11th, 2008, 8:58 pm

A lot of questions on this forum are, "Am I deep enough?" or something of that ilk. I can talk of my experiences, but nothing else.

For me, trance is just a very relaxed state. I've been using files on here and virtual hypnotist for about a year now and I'm beginning to find pretty much any file I listen to effective. I'm concious throughout, I just feel like I don't want to do anything else but listen to the voice talking to me. I never blank out or "sleep" like you might expect from hypnosis (to noobies I guess...)

Not all of the suggestions are effective in one file, but I get by, and in general they do to me what's intended.

What works best for me is an induction which uses your body to relax... i.e. "take your attention to your feet, and notice how relaxed they are becoming." But this is just me.

My advice is find what works best for you, and don't worry. Just relax, and I keep a mindset, "I'm just going to accept whatever comes," and usually this helps!
Kimberly_tv

Postby saren88 » April 11th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Kimberly_tv wrote:I'm concious throughout, I just feel like I don't want to do anything else but listen to the voice talking to me.

That sounds a lot like my experiences, so maybe I'm doing just fine after all. :)

Kimberly_tv wrote:What works best for me is an induction which uses your body to relax... i.e. "take your attention to your feet, and notice how relaxed they are becoming." But this is just me.

My advice is find what works best for you, and don't worry. Just relax, and I keep a mindset, "I'm just going to accept whatever comes," and usually this helps!

Well, it seems that I can achieve this particular level of trance with almost any induction method. I'll take that as a positive as well, keep going with it and see how things turn out. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't messing the whole process up with preconceived notions about hypnosis. I guess I sort of do have some of those notions but from the sounds of it I'm not doing too badly for a beginner. An open mind is always a good thing, so I'm trying to keep one handy ;)

Thanks for the reassurance!
saren88

Return to General Hypnosis