Trance Methods & Techniques.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Trance Methods & Techniques.

Postby RedGhost » June 25th, 2005, 9:58 pm

Hi.

This is my first time posting in this forums after browsing through this forum for a while now. Also, I've been trying to get into trance by one of the files.

Anyways, I'm new to hypnosis in case if you're wondering.
So, yeah, I'm a newbie. lol.

So, do you know any effective ways of getting into trance? I know finding a nice, quiet room and all would be one of the ways but what are the effective ways? What methods do you use? How do you know if you're actually in trance?

Thank you!

-RedGhost.
RedGhost

Postby Nanashi » June 26th, 2005, 1:53 am

Lying on my bed in the dark with comfortable headphones when I'm not already tired works best for me. *coughs* No clothes helps, too. ¬.¬;
Nanashi

Postby cardigan » June 26th, 2005, 4:33 am

For me it's not important if I sit or lie down. However I seem to go deeper, when I lie down. But that doesn't matter, because you can accomplish lots of things in a light trance.

It's hard to tell whether you are in a light trance or not. There are no signs. But chances are that just by sitting or lying down nice and quietly and relaxing totally, you WILL be in a light trance. In a deeper trance, I get the sensation of drifting off and not hearing some of the suggestions that I have put into the file, and then suddenly "waking" and becoming more aware. - and then drifting off again. It happens all the time. That doesn't mean, that what you can't recall hasn't been heard by your subconscious. You can be sure, that it has - as long as you don't fall asleep instead of going into a trance!

But one thing is important for me, when I want to go into a trance: I need to feel absolutely sure, that I can do it without being interrupted. If I'm not secure in this manner, I can just forget about relaxing enough to go into trance.

Regards

Carsten
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » June 26th, 2005, 11:53 am

Carsten, you've given one of the best summations I have seen...and you clearly know much more about the topic than I do. Common sense and objective self-observation.

In the past, I have been struck by the broad variations in the definition of "trance". Inescapably, those variations give rise to wide ranges of perceived success and individual feelings of (im)patience and (dis)satisfaction.

For those who have trouble with trances (however defined), some biofeedback before the induction files might be helpful...even though the induction files contain a generous amount of it already.

As you point out, one of the keys is relaxation or, expressed differently, an absence of anticipated stress--dvs, f.eks., possible interruption.

MVH,

Sandy

cardigan wrote:For me it's not important if I sit or lie down. However I seem to go deeper, when I lie down. But that doesn't matter, because you can accomplish lots of things in a light trance.

It's hard to tell whether you are in a light trance or not. There are no signs. But chances are that just by sitting or lying down nice and quietly and relaxing totally, you WILL be in a light trance. In a deeper trance, I get the sensation of drifting off and not hearing some of the suggestions that I have put into the file, and then suddenly "waking" and becoming more aware. - and then drifting off again. It happens all the time. That doesn't mean, that what you can't recall hasn't been heard by your subconscious. You can be sure, that it has - as long as you don't fall asleep instead of going into a trance!

But one thing is important for me, when I want to go into a trance: I need to feel absolutely sure, that I can do it without being interrupted. If I'm not secure in this manner, I can just forget about relaxing enough to go into trance.

Regards

Carsten
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » June 26th, 2005, 1:01 pm

Some of the other things you might want to consider are the induction that you use. There are several different inductions and with the right software you can cut and paste so that you use a better induction for you. The most common induction on the files is the Focus Induction. There are also multiple people on here making files for use. Granted, EMG makes the vast majority and does a great job. Many people find that the Lady Rio(LR) files are easy to trance to. Even if you are not interested in the fem files, her LRWomanly file is still worth a look for induction. One last point...and you admitted this yourself, you are new to this. Don't expect big results quickly. Just have faith that the files are working and keep listening. I found it helpful to listen to the Trainsusceptable and Deepening files when I began. The SublimTrainTrance is also quite usefull, as you can just have it play in the background while you are doing other things. Hope this helps and good luck! :D
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » June 26th, 2005, 7:59 pm

I've posted the five generally accepted signs that a trance is developing during a progressive relaxation based induction before. I will repost them again here.
1. Increased eye lacrimation(eyes watering)
2. Increased warmth in extremeties(hands/feet warm up)
3. Fluttering of the eyelids.
4. Whites of eyes get more red or pink colored.
5. Eyes roll up into head.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby RedGhost » June 26th, 2005, 8:16 pm

Wow.
A lot of information. Thanks!

I've learned a lot. :P
Thanks again!

-RedGhost.
RedGhost

Postby cardigan » June 27th, 2005, 3:29 pm

sandy82: Thank you for the kind words! I have read a lot and tried a lot, but I'd say that I am still learning! :D Please note that I am getting better at placing my commas! :-)

Jack: The objective signs of trance are fine, if you are a hypnotist and you are observing a subject. But they cannot be used by one self to determine depth of trance! Your subjective subconscious cannot be objective enough for that! :D

I'd have to say that the easiest way to go to trance is to let it happen and sort of not care whether it happens or not. And then give it several tries before giving up. Find an induction that you like, and stick with that instead of constantly trying new ones all the time. And if you are going to try an induction and a set of hypnotic scripts that others have prepared don't just put them on without having first listened to them. You need to feel absolutely secure (at least I do) before listening to anything. So if you haven't done them yourself, then listen to them in a detached sort of way to find out what is being said on them. Then - and only then - will you be ready to use them, I think.

Also - while soft music playing in the background or subliminal noise, brainbeats (or what they're called) and so forth CAN be used, they are not necessary at all. All you really need is time, patience and the ability to feel completely secure for the duration of the trance. The rest will come.

Regards

Carsten
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » June 27th, 2005, 4:19 pm

1,2,3, and 5 can be used while trancing. 4 can be used if you have a mirror, but I doubt anyone will do that one.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Re: Trance Methods & Techniques.

Postby TotallyEntranced » July 6th, 2005, 7:58 am

RedGhost wrote:How do you know if you're actually in trance? -RedGhost.
I usually find I have a fairly dry mouth when returning to "reality".
TotallyEntranced

Return to General Hypnosis