My hypnosis cycles (help me...)

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

My hypnosis cycles (help me...)

Postby Smfx » May 30th, 2008, 6:03 pm

I have been trying hypnosis for a long time, I have done files, but I believe I am just sleeping through them, I wish it was more, but that is what I truely believe. So I have been trying sessions with text or voice, but they both end up going the same way.

first I feel motivated, ready to try hypnosis once again, hopeful it will work, and allowing myself relaxing, even without the hypnotist's help. Then it always gets to the same point

I feel relaxed, my body almost numb, my eyes heavy, but then when they ask if I am in trance, I feel like I want to say yes, but there is a loud voice in my head that is saying no, no I am not in trance, now I am not being hypnotized, I am doing something wrong

The more I try and ignore the voice, the louder, and more mean the voice gets, even if the hypnotist tries to deal with it, it just gets louder, and causes me to start to panic, I feel like I am gonna throw up, and generally feel bad.

I then can't relax or anything after that, I am shaken and upset, I don't feel like being hypnotized, or listening to the hypnotist, almost a complete spin on how I felt when it first started out.

I think about hiring a real hypnotist, but I am afraid he/she will just get the same result, and I will have wasted my money. It is something I want so bad, everyone else seems to get to enjoy, but I can not obtain.

I am on no drugs, nor do I believe I have any mental disorders. I am just a normal male college student, that dreams of being hypnotised, but still hasn't been, and isn't sure it will ever happen, because of how I relax.

Any advice, personal experience, or anything else you want to say about it?
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby thedudetg » May 30th, 2008, 7:19 pm

Are you sure you want to be in a trance? To me, it sounds like you're fighting it. What concerns do you have about going into a trance?
thedudetg

Postby whatthe75 » May 30th, 2008, 7:32 pm

You have this voice in your head going on.Does it awaken you from trance?

If the answer is yes then it would be a good idea to go to a good hypnotitst and tell them about it.They can then utilise that voice.

What you need to do if you dont want to see a hypnotist is talk to the part of you that has an objection to going into trance.Yes i know that sounds mad.

The part of you that has an objection to going into trance,is just trying to protect you from something that it learnt at some part in your life.It might not need to do that anymore.

Now this part you might think i am nuts ( i could be ),you need to communicate with this part and ask it what it is doing.Ask it what positive role it is playing by doing what it is doing.

There is a lot more to this than i can type here.PM me if you want so i can talk you through how.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby FloridaPuppy » May 30th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Whatthe75 has a very good point that's quite true about being able to use that voice in person. Also you might want to look at what files you are listening to, they might just not be something fully agreeable with it either in what they are trying to accomplish or how they are trying to do it.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Smfx » May 30th, 2008, 10:56 pm

To Florida Puppy first, I have tried mostly just inductions, sometimes I will use a certain file, usually one with a transformation, thinking that if it is something I really want it will work, but it never does. I have tried healing files, one that claim to heal hurt minds, but still just feels like I sleep through them.

To whatthe75, I added you to my messenger, but I will also say yes, the voice takes me out of trance, and appears to come just from my own imagination. Whenever a hypnotist tries to utilize the voice, it just gets upset, thinking that it does not want to be controlled, so it doesn't work. As for talking to it, I feel like I have, but all I ever get back is that "There is a wall you cannot pass, therefore you can't get into hypnosis". That is all I can remember it saying, that seemed important, I guess I'll just try talking again, but when it is out, I feel scared to use my imagination.

I really want to be in trance, but for a while it has felt like maybe I am scared of giving up all control over myself, and before 50 people tell me I will only do what I want, I know, it is just an irrational fear that always comes to mind when people ask if I want to be in trance.

Any other questions are fine, I don't mind answering them, I just feel stupid that my emotions are outside my control, and wish there was someway to fix it, but it doesn't seem like there is any good way.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis