Sleep hypnosis?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Sleep hypnosis?

Postby PS360 » July 2nd, 2008, 12:12 am

I heard if you leave the file on while you sleep you get the same effects then as you were in trance.

IS this true?
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » July 2nd, 2008, 3:38 am

How long is a piece of string.There seems to be no definate asnwer to this. I personally believe the answer is no. Through my personal experiences i have had no success with it. I know there have been a few threads on this already that have most people agrreing with me - but there is no definate answer.

I do know that the state of hypnosis/trance is different to sleep.The mind is in theta for sleep and alpha for trance ( please dont quote me on this i cant remember the state levels off the top of my head but i do know they are different.)Which would mean diffent effects.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby PS360 » July 5th, 2008, 12:43 am

so it's debatable whether or not it would work.

ok.
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CycoMelody » July 5th, 2008, 1:26 am

Some people it works. Some it doesn't. Its easiest to trance while you are awake. But it is possible to trance during sleep. Strength of that trance varies from person to person though.
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » July 5th, 2008, 1:38 am

I have fallen asleep while listening to a file on repeat before. I was able to hear the file in my dreams so it does get through. I don't know how effective it is though.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Reasoning on the adaptive unconscious

Postby hephaestus » July 31st, 2008, 9:43 am

It seems to me that since the adaptive unconscious is maintaining everything from breathing to dreams and that comatosed patients (whether purposely drug induced or due to head injury) when waking can recall conversations that people had around them. So that why on earth would we suppose that it wasn't the case.

Now I know from my own direct experience that the suggestion I have used on myself when 'asleep' is just as applicable and successful as the day time induced 'sleep' of hypnosis is used on me.
hephaestus

Postby baby_jessica75 » July 31st, 2008, 11:22 am

ok I don't post very often because I don't feel qualified to give advise. but I do want to make a comment on this. if you are useing the files during the day and going into trance then useing them at night while you sleep then as far as the useing them while you sleep goes the worst thing it could be doing is nothing and the best is helping get the results you want and are working on during the day. so in my humble opinion it is worth risking nothing for the chance of getting benifit. if listening at night is something you enjoy doing then it is definately worth doing and just at the chance it is helping you get the results you want it is worth doing!
reality is no more than a agreed upon belief system that has no stronger roots in truth than any other dream of humanity.

Jessie

baby_jessica75
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » July 31st, 2008, 6:22 pm

Well said - it cant hurt to try.The thing i enjoy most about hypnosis is the experimentation.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis