Self-Hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Self-Hypnosis

Postby Kenn » August 21st, 2008, 5:44 am

Has anyone had any success with self-hypnosis? I've started to use it to help with my diet, and I'm curious if others have successfully used it.
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » August 21st, 2008, 6:19 am

I used a form of self-hypnosis many years ago to convince myself that I had a female body.

It was quite effective.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Re: Self-Hypnosis

Postby cardigan » August 21st, 2008, 9:34 am

Kenn wrote:Has anyone had any success with self-hypnosis? I've started to use it to help with my diet, and I'm curious if others have successfully used it.

Actually all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. But I'm a little curious about what you put into that word. Do you go into a trance and sort of repeat a "mantra" to yourself over and over, or do you listen to an mp3 file - that you made yourself or that somebody else made?

I'd like you to tell us about that. And in answer to your question: I have used the kind of self-hypnosis on myself, where I record a full mp3 session for myself - induction, body, awakener, and then I listen to that every other day. From time to time I change it - I omit things that I have made to work and include other things that I want to try. During the past 3 years I have cured myself of grass allergi, stress, the early stages of parodontitis, warts and a couple of other things. I love the feeling of zoning out completely and waking up completely fresh and energetic - after only 15 minutes.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Re: Self-Hypnosis

Postby Kenn » August 21st, 2008, 10:22 am

cardigan wrote:
Kenn wrote:Has anyone had any success with self-hypnosis? I've started to use it to help with my diet, and I'm curious if others have successfully used it.

Actually all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. But I'm a little curious about what you put into that word. Do you go into a trance and sort of repeat a "mantra" to yourself over and over, or do you listen to an mp3 file - that you made yourself or that somebody else made?

I'd like you to tell us about that. And in answer to your question: I have used the kind of self-hypnosis on myself, where I record a full mp3 session for myself - induction, body, awakener, and then I listen to that every other day. From time to time I change it - I omit things that I have made to work and include other things that I want to try. During the past 3 years I have cured myself of grass allergi, stress, the early stages of parodontitis, warts and a couple of other things. I love the feeling of zoning out completely and waking up completely fresh and energetic - after only 15 minutes.

Well, I try to trance myself and then repeat a mantra. Basically I lay down on my bed and tell myself that with every breath, the tension in my body lessens. Then I relax each part of my body, starting with my feet and moving up. Then I mentally count down from ten to one, thinking the words "deeper and deeper" after each number. Finally I start my mantra. Right now I'm using it to try to lose wieght, by decreasing how often I get hungry and increasing my metabolism. If it works, I'll try to move on to something more complex, like feminizing my body. Also, I'm curious to see just how much I can alter my body through using just my mind. So far I think it has decreased my how often I get hungry.
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby Kenn » August 21st, 2008, 10:26 am

VeryGnawty wrote:I used a form of self-hypnosis many years ago to convince myself that I had a female body.

It was quite effective.

If you don't mind me asking, what technique did you use?
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » August 24th, 2008, 4:16 am

Kenn wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, what technique did you use?

Large amounts of meditation/trance combined with visualization.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis