Christian woman looking for help

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Christian woman looking for help

Postby Karen4christ » August 29th, 2008, 2:11 am

I know that this is a little unorthodox but my fiance' wants me to look into hypnosis to help me make my decision about whether or not to enter into a life of polygamy.

I really need someone to talk to... and I would be very appreciative if someone of faith would be willing to work with me and my insecurities and obedience to my future husband and God.

If this is of interest to anyone, please send me an e-mail or Yahoo messenger users can reach me @ karenmiller4christ

Thank you,
Karen
24, Tennessee
Karen4christ

Postby FloridaPuppy » August 29th, 2008, 4:40 am

It's pretty clear you aren't comfortable with what he's wanting. Combined with the fact that it's for something that's illegal in most states (as far as I know) and that hypnosis can do a lot but isn't magic, your almost certainly going to eventually have problems with it again later down the road. I think you already know what needs to be said :)
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loony28 » August 29th, 2008, 7:20 am

From my understanding Christians believe in monogamy. If you are a Christian then there's only one thing that you can do, BREAK OF THE ENGAGEMENT! The fact that you are even considering polygamy means that your faith isn't what it should be. Now I'm not a person of faith in God or the Christian religion but that shouldn't stop you from taking my advice.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Lissar » August 29th, 2008, 10:35 pm

As other people have been saying already, you should only do things you're comfortable with, that you actually WANT. Hypnosis can't make you like something you REALLY don't want to like, and so if this isn't something you want now, it probably won't be something you'll want through hypnosis.

I wouldn't necessarily say that you should or shouldn't do it based on your religious beliefs. How you practice Christianity is up to you. Essentially, how you live your LIFE is up to you. And if you want to have a polygamous relationship with your fiance, then great. If not, then don't.

For the record, marrying more than one person is illegal, but having more than one sexual partner is not.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » August 30th, 2008, 2:48 am

I will stay out of the debate on what is right or wrong for you- only you know what that can be.

If you really want to change your belief - then Using NLP would be more effective i think.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby demigraff » August 30th, 2008, 9:27 am

Hypnosis cannot help you make a decision. From my experience, it just makes you more responsive to the opinions of others. (Which is why, even if a friend was just in trance to help her stop procrastinating or feel less stressed, I wouldn't hold her to any promises made the same day, and I respond to an offer of casal sex with "ask me tomorrow, so I can be sure it really is your choice")

On the other hand, this is a serious choice. Either way, you will probably at some point wonder "What if I'd chosen differently?". Once you have made your choice, I would be happy to help you deal with any remaining doubts you have so that they don't bother you so much in future. But hypnosis (or NLP or any similar art) can only help you accept the choice once you have made it. If I were to 'help' you make the decision, you would be chosing how to live your life based on both your conscience and mine. I don't know of any Judeo-Christian church (even the CoS) which wouldn't call it wrong to discard your God-given free will.

Lissar wrote:For the record, marrying more than one person is illegal, but having more than one sexual partner is not.

That depends on your country/state and religion. Even in many areas where polygamy is not legally recognised (such as Britain), a church can conduct polygamous weddings. In this case, only the first marriage grants legal benefits (such as being recognised for taxation/inheritance), but the law won't do anything to interfere with subsequent marriages.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis