Can't get hypnotized

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Can't get hypnotized

Postby hypfan2000 » September 2nd, 2008, 1:16 pm

Hi everybody, i'm posting this to see if anyone can help with some tips, cause i've been listening to the files for various years and got nothing yet.
I tried with a lot of files, from the basic induction to the bubble induction, but got no results.
My native language is spanish, so i tried with a file in spanish, dormiras de hypnosdc, but got no results too.
Think that the primary reason for that is that english is not my native language, but the language is not a problem for me or my mind.
Hope someone can help me and give me some advice.
hypfan2000

Postby whatthe75 » September 2nd, 2008, 4:36 pm

What happens when you listen to the files.How are you not going into trance?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby OMGWTFBBQ » September 2nd, 2008, 4:38 pm

You definitely need a file in your own language. If English is a second language, then English files won't work. Of course, if it's merely a second language, like you were raised bilingual, then it's not a problem.

If you're having to consciously process and interpret the words, they aren't going into your subconscious.
OMGWTFBBQ
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » September 2nd, 2008, 10:08 pm

OMGWTFBBQ wrote:You definitely need a file in your own language. If English is a second language, then English files won't work. Of course, if it's merely a second language, like you were raised bilingual, then it's not a problem.

If you're having to consciously process and interpret the words, they aren't going into your subconscious.

I wonder how you can be so sure on this.

I have great successes with hypnosis with my wife ( she is japanese ).And she was not raised speaking english as a second language.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby FloridaPuppy » September 3rd, 2008, 7:13 am

whatthe75 wrote:
OMGWTFBBQ wrote:You definitely need a file in your own language. If English is a second language, then English files won't work. Of course, if it's merely a second language, like you were raised bilingual, then it's not a problem.

I wonder how you can be so sure on this.

I have great successes with hypnosis with my wife ( she is japanese ).And she was not raised speaking english as a second language.

It boils down to your ability to think in a language a certain way. Rather than give a nebulous example of thinking, I'll use touch typing since it has a physical component :). When a person is first learning to type, they are taking a lot of time to spell each word and look for each key they need to press. With time and effort they progress to where they can think out the letters and know where the letters are well enough to hit them without needing to look. Eventually they can just think the words and let their fingers hit the letters that go with them not needing to think how each word is spelled when they type them.

Someone speaking a language on a level similar to the first two examples with touch typing will probably have some amount of trouble being hypnotized in that language. Someone leaning towards the third example will have less trouble and might not have any.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby demigraff » September 3rd, 2008, 9:39 am

On the other hand, many confusion-type inductions depend on overloading your mind.

Maybe it would be possible to use the second language effect to help ... your conscious mind is too busy translating the words to think about what it means. Or you find you're not changing the words into something you understand until they already passed the critical censor.

I remember reading a post from a Korean guy who thought his mind was doing this ... conscious mind translating, subconscious obeying.

Maybe someone could try making a file to do it deliberately.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » September 3rd, 2008, 3:57 pm

FloridaPuppy wrote:
Someone speaking a language on a level similar to the first two examples with touch typing will probably have some amount of trouble being hypnotized in that language. .

If you mean just putting them under i disagree as it is possible to put someone into trance without the use of words.Having results with the suggestion though is a different matter as i agree they might not fully understand it.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby hypfan2000 » September 3rd, 2008, 8:13 pm

first of all thanks to all of you for the tips, its good to feel that u have a light in the horizon, lol.
the thing about the language is not a problem in the level, english is the same as spanish to me, i have more than 12 years learning english, since my childhood, and have some degrees on that, the thing is that i dont know what happens inside my brain, not sure if its the same for my mind.
Thanks to everybody, hope to achieve something soon...
More suggestions are welcomed :D
hypfan2000

Postby FloridaPuppy » September 3rd, 2008, 9:45 pm

whatthe75 wrote:
FloridaPuppy wrote:
Someone speaking a language on a level similar to the first two examples with touch typing will probably have some amount of trouble being hypnotized in that language. .

If you mean just putting them under i disagree as it is possible to put someone into trance without the use of words.Having results with the suggestion though is a different matter as i agree they might not fully understand it.

When working with someone in person it's much easier to do things like what you describe. Doing that from a prerecorded audio file, without using words, is not so simple however. The point of my post was to try and explain why a secondary language might have trouble being used by a prerecorded audio file, especially one that's not personalized for the listener in any way shape or form ;).
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis