where do i get started learning hypnosis?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

where do i get started learning hypnosis?

Postby Kendai » July 2nd, 2005, 8:34 am

since people seem to really like some of the file ideas i've submitted, i think i might like to learn about hypnosis, and eventually make some files myself.

any simple online resources where i can get started?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jerm » July 3rd, 2005, 3:04 am

First of all note that this response implies that you seriously want to learn hypnosis. So if I am going into too much detail I appologize.

I suggest going To the library and checking out some books for free. If your library doesn't have any books, try your local bookstore. I suggest books for 2 reasons. First because you can read them anywhere, anytime instead of just when at a computer. The other reason is that there are several different styles of hypnosis (ie ericksonian, estabrooks..) and no one site is gonna teach you all you need to know for free.

I also suggest that you broaden your perspective of study to include NLP (neuro linguistic programming), and basic concepts of mental/emotional anchoring. I have been studying hypnosis since I was like 8 yrs old and I still have Alot to learn. Another good piece of advice is to be patiant. Few things work perfectly on their first attempt. Try different approaches with different people when you practice what you've learned. Eventually you'll become a good judge of personality, which will make choosing your approach easier.
Jerm
Regular
Regular

Postby patrickolee » August 4th, 2005, 8:08 am

Did you find any online resources?

thanks
-patrick
patrickolee
Regular
Regular

Postby sandy82 » August 4th, 2005, 10:03 am

Patrick, if you find any, I hope you'll post the urls. The experience of most people is that there are 10,000 sites trying to sell you something--and that if you add "free" to the Google search, you get 12,000 sites trying to sell you something.

Jerm is a knowledgeable guy. I recommend his observations. This is a topic best studied in some depth.

patrickolee wrote:Did you find any online resources?

thanks
-patrick
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » August 11th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Kenrick Cleveland has done a series of tapes in which he teaches hypnosis to a group of students. If you visit his homepage, he tells that the tapes were not originally meant for distribution or sale, but that they turned out so good, that they decided to do it anyway.

I know that you can buy them from him, and they are worth what you pay - believe me. Maybe they can also be found other places?
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis