Characteristics of a standard file versus a subliminal?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Characteristics of a standard file versus a subliminal?

Postby Apothem » November 1st, 2008, 10:06 pm

I've done some delving into the deeper aspects of hypnosis, and it seems I've run into a spot that has got me a bit confused. How is a subliminal script different in structure versus a standard hypnosis file? Also, where can I find some good material to read up on that goes over the nature and/or structure of a subliminal file?
Apothem
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » November 2nd, 2008, 3:59 pm

OK, the idea of subliminal messages is that the subconscious mind reacts to things that are too subtle for the conscious mind to notice. So if a verbal instruction is played too quietly for you to notice it, your subconscious mind may still acknowledge it. This is easier if there is music or something else to distract the conscious mind. You do not need to be in a trance for subliminals to work.

For the purposes of this site, subliminal files are files that contain the basic instructions of a hypnosis file, but without the induction because none is needed. The voice is typically low in the mix and often a beat or something is added. This means that you can listen to some of these files without worring about going into trance and so you can listen to them as you do housework or work out or whatever. You can probably listen to most of them safely while driving or similar but be aware that brainwave beats can make you less alert and this could well be as dangerous as drink driving or worse. If you are not sure, play safe.

Also due to the nature of subliminals, they are rarely effective on their own and much repeated listening is required for them to have the effect of a decent hypnosis file. As a result subliminals are often used to assist hypnotic training, not as a substitute for it. Then again, if it works for you then do it.
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Calimore » November 2nd, 2008, 8:34 pm

While all of what zapnosis is generally true, many of MY files contain 'true' subliminals. Often, these are a body or bodies of files, with the silence removed from between the 'tists phrases, layered for added effect.

For more info on subliminals in general, check out [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_message[/url].
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis