Video Game Idea.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Video Game Idea.

Postby CHR » November 29th, 2008, 11:24 pm

What about a file that, whenever you played an applicable video game, you were made to believe that, while you are, say moving around with the keyboard, think you are in the game, moving around and etc.

Like, if you played a FPS like quake, you would think think you are running around with a gun in hand and etc.

Or playing a flying game, you think you are flying around in the cockpit.

I think this would be awesome, imagine the experiance playing half-life!
CHR
Regular
Regular

Postby SDoll » November 29th, 2008, 11:42 pm

CHR wrote:I think this would be awesome, imagine the experiance playing half-life!

Yeah, you'll really feel like your putting that can in the garbage! :lol:
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jon1223 » November 30th, 2008, 12:15 am

Ohhh, I like! Especially since Left 4 Dead just came out, hehehe
jon1223
Regular
Regular

Postby Kidenku » November 30th, 2008, 12:18 am

lol "pick up the can" well you wouldn't want to punch him in the face if THAT was active! XD
Im,agine running through the vast worlds of MMO's like WoW or FFXI... Warhammer.. though Ive never played it.

I would love to be able to actually feel the wind on my skin/fur (hey she's a mithra, after all) while runing through Gustaberg and dodging Quadavs (turtle monsters)

why does this idea turn me into a squealing schoolgirl?
Kidenku

Postby jjaimet » November 30th, 2008, 12:17 pm

in the 80's there was a mythical arcade game called polybuis. it supposedly made the player addicted to the game for a short while then gave them nightmares and temperay amnesia. it was an abstract puzzle game. i have my big final project due in june, i am thinking about trying to recreate it for the nintendo ds. have some soothing sound effects and flashes of light.
jjaimet

Postby livelonger8 » November 30th, 2008, 4:45 pm

This should be possible - if you've ever dream't of playing a videogame; you are inside the videogame, not the observant but rather the player within the game - your mind is completely synced to the game, much like it is in reality but without environmental interruptions. It would be great; you would automatically use the keyboard/mouse with no mistake without a thought.
livelonger8
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CHR » November 30th, 2008, 6:55 pm

Yeah.

Here are some follow up thoughtsI had.

What about menus and cinematics?

What if some guy plays doom and then goes on a rampage?

What about distractions, like a cat, or game lags and glitches?
CHR
Regular
Regular

Postby SDoll » November 30th, 2008, 10:19 pm

jon1223 wrote:Ohhh, I like! Especially since Left 4 Dead just came out, hehehe

I don't think you'd need this file for that game, it's intense enough already. :p
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jun » December 20th, 2008, 12:16 am

I would trance slightly playing Phantasy Star Online sometimes, if I was hunting for rare drops. I'd end up kind of running through on autopilot... but then that's kind of the opposite of what you've been discussing. :P

I did try listening to hypnosis files while I was in the stare-at-the-screen-in-a-trance zone, but it didn't do much. :(

There was an article recently about some people at... oh poop, I forget now... some institute of technology. They were able to trick people's perception away from their body using VR goggles and cameras attached to mannequins or other people... to the point where, if the mannequin was touched the person would "feel" it. If I can find the link again I'll post it. That sounds like half a step away from being in the game (changing your perception/perspective to that of the character) And from the way they describe it, it's probably a trance of some sort to at least induce it.

Or something. I'm rambling. :o

[edit] Here's that linky: [url=http://ki.se/ki/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=21944&a=55626&cid=21946&l=en]Out-of-body-experiences[/url]
jun
Regular
Regular

Postby SDoll » December 20th, 2008, 10:42 pm

jun wrote:[edit] Here's that linky: Out-of-body-experiences

I posted something like this in Idle Chatter

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSTRE4B18BU20081202[/url]
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » December 21st, 2008, 3:07 am

Derren Brown once put a subject INTO a video game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWNV0PXDf5k

Absolutely awesome!

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby jun » December 21st, 2008, 9:03 am

cd_sara wrote:
I posted something like this in Idle Chatter

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSTRE4B18BU20081202[/url]

Didn't see that, sorry.
jun
Regular
Regular

I got that free.. kind of..

Postby thisguy » January 1st, 2009, 1:25 pm

Hi.

I am actually experiencing some light version of such immersion..

For example running around in Fallout 3 and eating roach meat every time the crunchy sound associates for me with something slimy in mouth, sometimes I've noticed how that makes me swallow.. or maybe I needed to swallow already long time because of dry mouth and this kind of notifies me of that fact.

Also with each next verion of "best graphics there is" comes this small getting used to period, where intensive running around actually gets your balance centres confused and you start feeling dizzy. This has not happened for a while, because the improvements are realitvely small compared to the qulaitative jumps in early doom and quake games.

But of course I never actually feel like I'm "in there".. it's just that the "box in my head" where I model the experience of the avatar is somewhat leaky in certain places. While imagining "what that's supposed to feel like" I actually access my own experiences and kind of play them back. I totally see how after building this mental box some trance state could actually put "most of you" into this box.

But considering Derren's zombie game test it's just awfully weird to imagine myself staying in such trance after FREAKING ZOMBIES!! come after me. Even when I have seen some dreams recognizing certain computer game graphics, I never-ever felt the confusion between video-game and real world. I guess such confusion works better on non-gamer than on gamer. I can totally see where gamer comes out of the trance, because "damn, it's different game!" and then .. "well shit, it's not game at all!" and so forth..
thisguy
Regular
Regular

Postby PS360 » January 1st, 2009, 7:43 pm

They did a hypnosis-like experement like this on tv or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmFYGO-_T0
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby diapers_forever » January 2nd, 2009, 6:10 pm

PS360 wrote:They did a hypnosis-like experement like this on tv or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmFYGO-_T0