Is Hypnosis in non-native language possible?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Is Hypnosis in non-native language possible?

Postby Shaga » July 14th, 2005, 4:30 am

Hi,
I was wondering, whether it is possible to hypnotize someone in foreign language. I'm quite fluent in English which I''m learning since I was approximately 12, but I've tried induction several times and some of the triger files (both male & female voice), but I don't seem to enter trance or accept the suggestion even after repeated listening. So is the foreign language the answer? I've tried searching for some paper which addresses this question, but did not find any on Internet.
Shaga

Postby Jack » July 14th, 2005, 5:41 am

In all likelihood because english is not your first language, the files will affect you more deeply and thoroughly. Also, they will most likely work more quickly.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » July 14th, 2005, 5:53 am

If you are fluent in English you can follow these files. If you have to focus strongly on the language spoken, you might have trouble, but if you instantly understand anything (almost) that is spoken, you should have no problems.

The only thing that might give you trouble is, if you THINK you might have trouble! (Self-fulfilling prophecy). So be positive and don't give up. I myself trance all the time - both from English as well as Danish scripts. I'm a Dane, but have lived in America as a child. In the beginning I couldn't feel a thing, but luckily I didn't give up. Now I can't stop myself from trancing! :P :P
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby fox82 » July 14th, 2005, 9:06 am

My native language is german, my english is not too bad. And I had no problem with the files.

The only thing: First I didn't really believe that they work, I needed maybe 5 or 10 tries until I noticed some effects.

I think it's an advantage to be tranced in a foreign language: This way you can better seperate the fetish and hypno thoughts from your normal life. And you can't be triggert accidently, cause of something someone says...
fox82

Postby cardigan » July 14th, 2005, 9:56 am

The funny thing about hypnosis is that they might work even when you think they won't. I think it's maybe more important to wish them to work than to have faith in them. I'll tell you what I mean:
I have managed to make my hair grow back again. I was growing quite bald with only a "Friar Tuck" belt of hair around my head from ear to ear :D It started about 10 - 15 years ago and got more and more pronounced - until all that I had left on top of my head was a few hairs! Then I started doing self-hypnosis. I have done real hypnosis for many years but had always believed that I couldn't be hypnotized myself. Then I heard from several master practitioners of hypnosis, that the better you were at hypnosis, the more likely you would also be good at self-hypnosis. So I tried. Just an induction to start with - by Wendi Friesen, an American hypnotist. The first time I just felt I relaxed and the next couple of times too, but after a while I began to feel more results - like I would be gone and not have remembered big parts of the script and then be back when she told me to awaken.
Then I started doing scripts myself and tweeked them more and more to suit my different needs (not sexual - as a matter of fact). Then I began doing some time regression where I wanted to loose weight, so I moved myself forward in time to a time in the future where I was thin and the diets had worked. And then I got the idea to say to myself that when I looked at myself in the mirror I would be thin, have a big dick ( :lol: ) and have lots of hair. I thought: "might as well say it"!
After a while I decided to modify the script and to also put in a cure for my grass allergy that I had been suffering from for about 45 years. And I was really not very sure that I could use hypnosis for this.

BUT I WISHED IT!

Here 2-3 weeks later I am cured from my allergy and I see literally thousands of little, light hairs on my head in places that have been bare for so long!!! So you might say, that I'm doing an "Elton John", if you know what I mean, but without the expensive surgery.

I find that great, and I'm really a true believer in hypnosis!

So to conclude: the important thing is wishing it to happen, using the right scripts and doing it again and again and again!!!

Good Luck

Friar Tuck
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis