New to this, Playing files during sleep?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

New to this, Playing files during sleep?

Postby C87 » March 3rd, 2009, 11:12 am

I am new to Hypnosis and I struggle a bit with getting a good Trance, I think that I can get into a minor trance where I feel a bit relaxed/dizzy/loud-heartbeating and such but i'm still unsure of everything. I just wanna see what its like doing this stuff to myself.

Is it possible to have 'trigger' files play over night without practicing it while awake and get results when triggering them after i'm awake? I'm new to this like stated before and hoping this can be a little shortcut for me. For example, its late at night and i'm about to fall asleep and I say "wake me up" and it gets my mind up and running about something which keeps me awake.

Also, are there any sound players where I can set a 30-60min delay before something plays(with loop)? I cannot fall asleep with these things running.
Last edited by C87 on March 3rd, 2009, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C87
Regular
Regular

Postby MacGyver » March 3rd, 2009, 12:04 pm

chris, what i do is set my mp3 player so that what loops is the induction and body without the awakener, the induction slows my mind and my breathing and soon i am asleep with the file playing in a constant loop.

the fembutt file, if i loop the body in my sleep, after a few nights of this, i can say the trigger and my butt will feel as if it is being inflated.

so, for some of us, it does work.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby C87 » March 3rd, 2009, 12:09 pm

I would like to fall asleep without it running and have it start while i'm already asleep, would it still work?

I don't have an mp3 player, I stick my headphones into my computer.
C87
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 3rd, 2009, 1:06 pm

Welcome to WMM, Chris87.

You've asked about listening to hypnosis recordings while sleeping. It's a question that gets asked fairly often.

When you have time, use the 'search' function here in the forum to learn what others have said.

As a hypnotist, I recommend you listen to hypnosis mp3s in the same state-of-awareness that you'd want to have if you were paying a hypnotherapist to guide you.

- Yes, it's possible to listen while sleeping

- Yes, it's possible to use the "Align Tracks" function of the Audacity computer application to create a delayed start
But as a hypnotist, I recommend you let your sleep be sleep - undisturbed by incidental complications caused by sleepy-time headphones, computers, and recordings.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » March 3rd, 2009, 6:45 pm

yeah, unless you are atleast half as weird as me, you might want to try what MN is suggesting, then again, i have been weirdly warped for some time now. :twisted:
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby C87 » March 3rd, 2009, 7:42 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:Welcome to WMM, Chris87.

You've asked about listening to hypnosis recordings while sleeping. It's a question that gets asked fairly often.

When you have time, use the 'search' function here in the forum to learn what others have said.

As a hypnotist, I recommend you listen to hypnosis mp3s in the same state-of-awareness that you'd want to have if you were paying a hypnotherapist to guide you.

- Yes, it's possible to listen while sleeping

- Yes, it's possible to use the "Align Tracks" function of the Audacity computer application to create a delayed start
But as a hypnotist, I recommend you let your sleep be sleep - undisturbed by incidental complications caused by sleepy-time headphones, computers, and recordings.

What are the differences in results between being awake and being asleep when listening to files that will give people triggers?

Also when something is triggered (feeling or seeing something), must the person be in a trance or does it work while they are completely awake throughout the day?

If listening to files while being awake, how many times is it reccomended to listen to it each day?
C87
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 4th, 2009, 10:55 am

You have a hungry & curious mind, Chris87. That's an excellent sign.

It's excellent, because it shows this is important to you. It's something you want.

And I hope others reading the forum will contribute answers too - sharing their viewpoint.

You asked how often to listen...
    If listening to files while being awake, how many times is it reccomended to listen to it each day?
As opinion, I recommend limiting the time spent trancing to one hour TOTAL, six days each week. Some folks split their hour - listening for 30 minutes before getting out of bed and then another 30 minutes before falling asleep.

You asked about being triggered...
    ...must the person be in a trance or does it work while they are completely awake throughout the day?
Yes, a person who is completely awake can be triggered.
    - Some individuals have a natural aptitude for being triggered quickly and easily. Can you imagine what it's like to be like that? To hear/see the trigger and - boom!

- Some individuals take their time. At first, they consciously choose whether to act when they hear/see the trigger; allowing it to give them pleasure when circumstances are right. As time passes, habit & repetition cause the trigger to become progressively more automatic. And when they realize it's happening, it feels good!
Chris87, you also asked about differences; wondering why I recommend the delivery method:
    The same state-of-awareness you'd want to have if you were paying a hypnotherapist to guide you
A hypnotherapist guides his clients to a level of awareness that's neither sleep nor wakefulness... it's somewhere in between. Here's a more detailed description:

A popular misconception about hypnosis is that it's a form of unconsciousness resembling sleep. Current research is indicating that hypnoisis is actually a wakeful state of focused attention and heightened suggestibility, with diminished peripheral awareness.
That's the definition of hypnosis.

The definition for subliminal suggestions is slightly different. It's a different method for delivering a message. To be classified as subliminal, an audio message must be delivered below the threshold of awareness. There are two ways to do this.

- The message can be subtly embedded (quietly) within another (louder) audio recording that's consciously listened-to
    - Or, the message can be played audibly during a period while the listener is unconscious/asleep
Here at WMM, what we do is for enjoyment. It's recreational. So you should listen in whatever way maximizes your pleasure.

There are even some here who enjoy a delivery methodology used for brainwashing(indoctrination). They know what they like. These individuals listen at full volume, intentionally disrupting and preventing sleep.

Regardless of what you choose - this belongs to you.

What you want...

What you need...

What you like
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis