Under medication?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Under medication?

Postby redshoes » July 14th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Is there any type of diseasses or medications that could interfere with a Training?

I'm asking this because I'm epileptic since born, and I take a medicine called "Carbomazepin", One of the many uses this drug have is to avoid allucinations in patients with metal disseas... Can this drug affect a training or a trigger dealing with allucinations, like the TrigFurry, or this works on a complete different level?
redshoes

Re: Under medication?

Postby sandy82 » July 15th, 2005, 12:52 am

redshoes, I personally do not feel competent to answer the question, and I wouldn't want to accept the responsibility for an answer unless I were sure that it is correct. The safest thing to do is to ask your doctor.

It's not clear to me how many people experience actual hallucinations from listening to recorded files. The files here don't have hidden messages and they don't have high frequency or suddenly loud audio messages. Also, the files here are not hooked up to bright flashing lights which are probably best avoided.

That said, I'm sure you have a doctor you trust...and you probably see that doctor with some frequency. You are best served by asking him.

Best of luck. I personally hope that you will be able to join us. But please ask your doctor first.

redshoes wrote:Is there any type of diseasses or medications that could interfere with a Training?

I'm asking this because I'm epileptic since born, and I take a medicine called "Carbomazepin", One of the many uses this drug have is to avoid allucinations in patients with metal disseas... Can this drug affect a training or a trigger dealing with allucinations, like the TrigFurry, or this works on a complete different level?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

I'll answer myself :oops:

Postby redshoes » July 15th, 2005, 9:12 am

Ok, After a bit of thinking I think I found a possible answer, I suppose I still have to ask me doctor but don't think it will be easy to explain why do I want to have allucinations :P

Usually people who needs carbomazepin, they have a lack of certain chemical that server as neuro-trasmisor. So you could say their Allucinations are chemical.

For the other hand, Hypnosis Allucinations are nothing but an implanted idea in the concious. They nothing more that a product of the imagination boosted to other level (A level where our mind makes it "real").

What it worried me is that I wouldn't be able to Morph myself because the medicine would prevent me to do it.

Since the files doesn't have any high frecuency messages and I do not plan (And I do not recomend) that under my state trying light patterns. I think it's secure to try the files because they do not create stress on the brain.
redshoes

Postby sandy82 » July 15th, 2005, 12:05 pm

redshoes, I thought I remembered that there could be a problem of bright flashing lights when someone has epilepsy. That's why I mentioned it.

You have given this topic some long and hard thought, and you deserve a lot of credit for that. Here's an issue you might want to raise with your doctor.

From what I understand, the conscious mind can block memories or desires in the subconscious that it finds unpleasant or disturbing. Conceivably, this may result in disagreeable dreams that one can't remember after waking up. It is conceivable (I'm guessing) that hypnosis can peel away some of that blockage and bring those memories/desires to the surface. Here's the question for the doctor: If hypnosis can do that, can the result be a level of psychological stress that is not good for you or for anyone taking the medications you use?

I'm sure your doctor is an M.D. since he can prescribe a full range of medicines (a doctor of pyschology cannot). He probably also has advanced training in neurology. Only accept medical-related answers from someone who you know has those qualifications. I don't have them, and you have noticed that I don't pretend to answer medical questions.

EMG said in a recent post that his files do not contain hidden "ingredients." If you use the search engine for the Forums, I think that searching for "needs/beliefs" will bring up that particular post. It was made in late June, if I remember correctly. In addition, I would suggest that you confirm that information with EMG directly, either by post or by PM. When the question is your health, be as pushy as you need to be!!

The recently added subliminal files may contain a varying batch of "contents." Jerm should be able to give you more information on that.

Good luck and best wishes!!
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis