Did I trance? or did i sleep

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Did I trance? or did i sleep

Postby pimp951231 » May 30th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Ok i was listening to a file. Well i havent been able to trance yet but been gettin closer and closer. Well this profile is 20 mins long. First like 9 mins i blive its emg introduction then it goes in to wat im suppose 2 do. Well im listening i zone out completely, And woke up around 17 mins into it. So there waz only 3 mins left. I felt wide awake i finish listening but when i tried the trigger it didnt work. but did i trance or just merely fell aslep
pimp951231
Regular
Regular

Postby pimp951231 » May 30th, 2009, 2:08 pm

I think i just fell asleep. But i dont remember if i dreampt of anything. I dont remember anythin but starting the file. Anybody have any ideas?
pimp951231
Regular
Regular

Postby pliable » May 30th, 2009, 4:33 pm

That experience is very similar to my first trances. I was using a self help hypnosis file to improve ADD focus. I thought I was just falling asleep when I used it, but I would always have a brief moment when I would awake near the end. It would end, and I would fall back asleep. It wasn’t until I started to see other signs that I realized it was working.

Once I got used to the feeling, it was easier for me to recognize the trance or to experience the trance without that “sleeping experience”. For me the triggers in the files took longer to work. I don’t really think that the trigger works for me if I have a “blackout” type trance. My triggers get stronger as I relisten to the files. I didn’t believe in the triggers at first. I thought they wouldn’t work, and that they didn’t work the first few times I saw them. I thought they were just a fantasy. Then I encountered some of them, and they worked despite the fact that I did not think they would and the fact that they did not work before.
pliable

Postby HypnotistMP » May 31st, 2009, 12:08 pm

pliable wrote:For me the triggers in the files took longer to work. I don’t really think that the trigger works for me if I have a “blackout” type trance. My triggers get stronger as I relisten to the files. I didn’t believe in the triggers at first. I thought they wouldn’t work, and that they didn’t work the first few times I saw them. I thought they were just a fantasy. Then I encountered some of them, and they worked despite the fact that I did not think they would and the fact that they did not work before.

It's not that uncommon for a subject to accidentally 'disarm' a trigger simply by being aware that there is one present. Post hypnotic suggestions work best when your conscious mind is take out of the picture and the subconscious can simply act, often leaving the conscious mind to create an excuse for the behavior. It's quite likely that by being aware there are triggers means that it takes longer for suggestions of that type to take with you. Repetition probably helps because over time it desensitizes your 'guard' against the trigger. My suggestion would be to listen to files without foreknowledge of any triggers involved, or listen to ones that may or may not have a trigger. Ultimately, a trigger is successful if you perform the act without even being aware that you are. Hope this helps.
HypnoDomOR
HypnotistMP

Return to General Hypnosis