Losing my voice while in hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Losing my voice while in hypnosis

Postby Jeshi » September 1st, 2009, 11:04 pm

I've found that whenever I'm in trance, if the hypnotist tells me to say something out loud I just think it in my head and mouth the phrase instead.

But not just that, if it's any sound made with my mouth, the sound just doesn't come out, it's just like how I'm so relaxed even if I try to move my arms they won't as if I forgot how to move them, it's like my vocal cords are so relaxed they won't vibrate.

Or maybe I can't speak while in hypnosis because my subconscious has set up a wall to keep me from making too much noise at night(I never listen to hypnosis files in the morning, no time to do that) so it stops me from speaking while in trance, because something similar to not being able to speak happens to me at night sometimes too, but it's different because that's just because I have no need to speak, and if I try too I still can.

Has anybody else experienced loss of voice while in trance?
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » September 2nd, 2009, 6:51 am

Not personally - but interesting that you do.i dont think its a bad thing - it could even be used as a personal trance guide.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » September 2nd, 2009, 7:55 am

I've had this. I don't think that it's so much the vocal chords as the mouth muscles and the rate of breathing. I never seen it as a bad thing, although it can be a little frustrating that you're too relaxed to do what you're supposed to. Something to keep in mind when writing files...
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MacGyver » September 2nd, 2009, 3:21 pm

what zapnosis says makes perfect sense, when in trance, my breathing would be so slow that to watch my chest for movements, you would think i was dead or something unless you watch closely, so, most likely, when you are in trance, you are breathing so slow that the volume of air coming out your mouth is not enough for you to produce any sound.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » September 3rd, 2009, 11:43 pm

That's for answering my question :D

It is very annoying though.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » September 6th, 2009, 2:52 pm

If you are listening to files, your subconscious knows, that there is nobody there that can hear your answers anyway. Just wording whatever you wish to say and saying it to yourself is good enough - believe me.

But if there is a hypnotist present, and he experiences you trying to say something, but remaining silent, it would only take an experienced hypnotist a couple of seconds or minutes to give you suggestions that would make you speak out loud instead. Like "Even though you are now deeply in trance, you are still able to speak to me quite clearly. In fact - the more clearly you speak, the deeper you go".

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » September 7th, 2009, 12:46 am

cardigan wrote:If you are listening to files, your subconscious knows, that there is nobody there that can hear your answers anyway. Just wording whatever you wish to say and saying it to yourself is good enough - believe me.

But if there is a hypnotist present, and he experiences you trying to say something, but remaining silent, it would only take an experienced hypnotist a couple of seconds or minutes to give you suggestions that would make you speak out loud instead. Like "Even though you are now deeply in trance, you are still able to speak to me quite clearly. In fact - the more clearly you speak, the deeper you go".

Cardigan

Technically if I said something loud enough there would be many people to hear XD.

But I know what you mean, if my subconscious knows that the hypnotist isn't actually able to hear me say it or know if I've said it then it's satisfied by me just wording it.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis