Hypnotism is the most practical science of the age.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Postby Jeshi » November 2nd, 2009, 10:27 pm

I have to disagree, as great as hypnosis is. It isn't the most practical.
It takes 2 seconds to take a pill to enlarge your penis, it takes 30 minutes to listen to a penis enlargement file.

The pill WILL work, it just might have side effects. But the file might not have any effect at all.

I could listen to a 30 minute file every day to get over my fear of escalators. But I got over the fear in one day when somebody pushed me onto one and I realized that the chance of me falling backwards wasn't very high if I just held onto the railing.

And live hypnosis isn't much more practical, as you need another person whose trained in the field and you can trust not to mess with you, plus sessions can be expensive and you'll need to schedule many. And live hypnosis takes even longer then files.

It's not the most practical science. It's not even it's own science, Hypnosis falls under psychology I believe.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby 0turner0 » November 3rd, 2009, 6:25 am

As long as you don't say Psychiatry - then you'll end up with Richard Bandler after you :P

When properly used, it might just be the best delivery system for integrating desired mental changes.
0turner0
Regular
Regular

Postby Score_Under » November 3rd, 2009, 6:34 pm

People responded to this?

1. Plagiarism from:
http://chestofbooks.com/health/hypnosis/Hypnotism-Lessons/Introduction.html
2. Double posted.
http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=39010&highlight=#39010
Score_Under
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » November 3rd, 2009, 11:36 pm

I think nutrigenomics is the most practical science of the age.

To each their own, I suppose.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » November 6th, 2009, 12:29 am

Jeshi wrote:
It's not even it's own science, Hypnosis falls under psychology I believe.

Yes - in the yellow pages only.

The unofficial start of psychology was in 1879 - hypnosis has been recorded since back in the 1500's ( read about mesmer ).And not just regonised but credited with making magical unexplainable changes.

Thats not including all the buddhist monks/huna/voodoo/and numerous african tribes that have used it since the dawn of time.

Also the thing about having to goto a hypnotist to get it - do you read books or get really involved in watching tv or maybe even day dream - if you have or do,then you have used hypnosis ( for free).It is a natural everyday state.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Serra013 » November 6th, 2009, 10:32 am

Score_Under wrote:People responded to this?

Adby's been spamming the whole forum, lately. 8O
Serra013
Regular
Regular

Postby Feverdream » November 21st, 2009, 11:04 am

I thought that the post was too well worded and that the spelling and punctuation were too regular to be adby's own work. I had been going to comment asking whether his usual abuse of the language was a function of a subpersonality, and whether he was actually capable of more cogent expression. Should have realized that it was just copypasta.
Feverdream
Regular
Regular

Postby Shad_Phoenix » November 21st, 2009, 9:40 pm

Trolling is the most practical science, able to be blended with any other branch effectively. As such it is also akin to an art and indeed exists there as well. Of course, since science=art, this is unsurprising.

The correlation between these can be summed up as T=AD3*Y, wherein T is the trolling results, A is the variable science/art, D is the surrounding community and Y is the troll's efforts, tripled in accordance with the divine Rule of Three. If Y is minimal copypasta and the community doesn't care, the results are negligible. However, they still fill the required troll quota and are preferable to worse happenings.

In short, adby's a necessary annoyance. And now I must faint.
Shad_Phoenix
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis