Listneing in or out of trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Listneing in or out of trance

Postby abchipster_13 » November 25th, 2009, 8:28 am

Ok. many times I have read where one should listen to a file first to make sure it is something they really want.

Now, can one listen to a files in the car while driving without any in fluence on the mind. Not going into trance because your attention is focused on driving. Or, is there still an element that does make it into the subconcious mind?

I have a rather long commute, and find that ihave time to listen and decide which ones are right for me.
abchipster_13
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » November 25th, 2009, 9:17 am

OK...

When listening to anything at any time, what you hear will be remembered on some level. However, for the purposes of training the mind the effect is likely to be almost completely insignificant unless you listen to the same stuff 100s of times, maybe even 1000s, and even then you can't be sure. That is why we use trance.

To listen to someone trying to trance you while you are driving is potentially dangerous. Even if you don't go under, the distraction could be enough to significantly increase your chances of having some kind of accident. How much of a difference it actually makes depends on circumstances. The only way really to be sure is to try it, and that is potentially dangerous. Even if it's cool once, it may be different another time under different circumstances (e.g. when you're more tired, have other distractions, etc).

The safest course of action is not to mix hypnosis files and driving. Simple.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » November 27th, 2009, 12:18 am

Pretty much every hypnosis site that sells hypnosis files has a disclaiming "Do not listen to while driving or operating machinery".

The only reasons most files are long is because of the Induction and deepener. But if you skip past both of those it's usually only about a 5-10 minute body. Plus because you skipped the induction and deepener then the actual parts intended to put you in trance are gone, and it's just the suggestions.

I still don't think you should listen to it while driving. But I'm sure you have 5 minutes to listen to a body to see if it's what you want. Plus if you can, you should just read the script instead of scanning the file itself.

But you know, if it isn't a permanent suggestions(Non-curses, Fantasy experiences) or something where it's REALLY obvious what it does(Train Anal Orgasm is obviously going to be suggestions about having an orgasm when receiving anal sex) Then checking it isn't always needed.

Plus if you REALLY don't like the suggestion then you'll probably wake up when you hear it(Every time a file that wasn't marked as female only turns out to assume the listener is female I jolt out of trance, And every time the hypnotist says something about other hypnotists files not working then I jolt out of trance. And every time they have a suggestion to contact them I don't jolt out of trance but the trance lightens for that portion and the suggestion doesn't take affect.)

Still, it's a good idea to open the file, skip past the induction and deepener, and then listen to the BODY to see if theres anything you disagree with. And do this in your spare time, NOT while driving or working or anything.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Alien4420 » November 27th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Yeah, I agree, best not to do it while driving, even if the body doesn't put you under you'll be thinking about it and it could be distracting. And I find increasingly that I have a tendency to fall into trance when reading just a body to see what a file does, I'm so used to doing it at this point that I just slip in.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby dottie » November 28th, 2009, 11:54 pm

Jeshi wrote:The only reasons most files are long is because of the Induction and deepener. But if you skip past both of those it's usually only about a 5-10 minute body. Plus because you skipped the induction and deepener then the actual parts intended to put you in trance are gone, and it's just the suggestions.

Well, most files are set up that way, however, some files do have redeepeners mixed in with the suggestion body. These are usually very obvious. e.g.:
"That's right, when you hear the words kermit wants a BJ you will become a horny toad... I'd like you to go deeper now..." etc., etc.

though if you have some sophisticated files with lots of overlapping voice layers it may be less obvious. (I've not noticed that sort of thing on this site.)

One thing which one SHOULD be a little wary of in this context is binaurals. If you're just trying to transcribe (or just preview) the suggestions of a file, try not to work with the binaural version. Listening to a few minutes of binaurals can potentially make you drowsy or put you in trance, even if you didn't listen to the induction. You definitely don't want that happening when in the car.
dottie
Regular
Regular

Postby darkenedav » November 29th, 2009, 7:52 am

dottie wrote:kermit wants a BJ

O_o! ewwwwww
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis