Quick Question: Interrupted Playback of Hypnosis files.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Quick Question: Interrupted Playback of Hypnosis files.

Postby dna01 » December 4th, 2009, 8:37 am

Let me begin by just saying I've not tried anything yet. I was looking at some of the induction files and I'd like to try a few to see if I am susceptible to trancing, but I'm a bit worried about some aspects of it. For example, I have heard mention of an "Awakener", which I take to mean a section at the end of a test induction that brings you out of trance. This is all well and good but I have issues with my computer and occasionally it will freeze while playing music files.

I guess my question is this: If I try some of the inductions and they work, but my computer freezes before I hear this awakener bit, what would happen?
dna01

Postby dna01 » December 4th, 2009, 9:00 am

Actually, forget this question. I can burn the files to CD and play them in my ancient portable CD player. If the act of plugging in said CD player doesn't cause it to explode from the shock of actually being used.
dna01

Postby zapnosis » December 4th, 2009, 2:31 pm

It's still a good question, one that a few newbies may be curious about. If you were trancing and the sound just cut off, most likely you would snap out of it straight away. If you didn't, you would awaken more gradually and I would be very surprised if that took longer than a few minutes.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dna01 » December 5th, 2009, 4:25 am

Sounds good. Thanks for going the extra mile and responding. I'm sure it'll be a relief to others with that same question. I tried a couple of the popular (I guess?) inductions and I have to say, results were a bit off from what I expected. I think I might just listen to inductions whenever I've got a spare half-hour to kill. There was mixed success as far as trancing goes, but they're all fairly relaxing.

that was the first time in a long while that I've been able to keep a clear mind.
dna01

Postby CuteLittleFaery » December 5th, 2009, 7:57 am

If you're worried about being stuck in trance indefinitely, a la Office Space, don't. Without an awakener, you'd either drift back into a normal state within a matter of minutes or simply fall asleep (with everything back as it should be when you wake).
CuteLittleFaery
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis