New to Hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

New to Hypnosis

Postby jurikuer » December 6th, 2009, 7:32 am

Hey, I'm pretty new to the whole hypnosis gig, I gave it a shot a long time ago with some files from this site but I never had any success as I didn't spend a lot of time listening to them over and over again. But last night I gave it a shot again with a BodyTryout one. I've always wanted to know what it would be like to transform into other people and stuff, even if it is just something only you as the user can see and feel.

I listened to the whole thing and when it came to the point where the guy told me to imagine bodies I think I got nervous or something as my heartrate went through the roof, but I vividly imagined variations of my body and lost concentration on the sound file. When it was done I closed my eyes to imagine a change and I said the command but nothing happened. I'm going to try it again tonight, but is what happened my first time expected? Is there any way I can increase the likely hood of my success?

EDIT:
Oh and I also had noise in the background, could that also have a deterring effect on hypnosis?
jurikuer

Postby Alien4420 » December 7th, 2009, 11:45 am

It sounds to me from your description that you did very well. I'm not familiar with the file but it sounds like there's a post-hypnotic visualization command? That's very difficult to pull off, many can't do that even with experience. So I wouldn't sweat it, you've made a good start (being able to visualize vividly in trance is a very good sign). You can expect to become better at it with practice.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby jurikuer » December 10th, 2009, 9:18 pm

I wasn't able to try again until tonight, and still no luck. I'm not even sure if I'm in trance or not. I just lay there and because all I do is listen I kind of zone out and sometimes even start dreaming, completely ignoring the audio.
jurikuer

Postby dottie » December 12th, 2009, 9:49 am

jurikuer wrote:I wasn't able to try again until tonight, and still no luck. I'm not even sure if I'm in trance or not. I just lay there and because all I do is listen I kind of zone out and sometimes even start dreaming, completely ignoring the audio.

Chances are pretty good that you are entering trance. Are you "coincidentally" waking up when the file ends -- maybe during a count-up?
dottie
Regular
Regular

Postby jurikuer » December 13th, 2009, 12:25 am

I randomly snap back out of it where I'll hear the guys voice again and think "what did I miss?" but its never for too long, each time I zone out it's normally for a few seconds, but because I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen I actually try to avoid it. Though now that i think about it, that kind of defeats the purpose lol.
jurikuer

Postby iamli3 » January 24th, 2010, 11:51 pm

i thought that was the idea? thats what im curently trying to do to try and get this shit to work........
iamli3
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » January 25th, 2010, 7:47 am

I reckon it's ok to zone out, dream or similar things. Falling asleep is another thing altogether, you usually wake up at least an hour later. It sounds like you're doing pretty well.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamli3 » January 25th, 2010, 2:16 pm

(in the asumption that that was a reply to me , which i don't think it was but im posting this anyways)

zoneing out i can get , thinking of simalare things? not at all , my thoughts are never with anything to do with this subject , other wise i have an epademic like i had last night (still got some of it btw) >_> .......

as for falling asleep im more than 90% sure thats the only thing i've been doing all this time.........
iamli3
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis