Text hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Text hypnosis

Postby Starmaster » January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am

I have heard in a couple places about people using text to trance with. I'm just curious how this works, or how well? I've heard of both using files and IM, which seems even more curious to me since you might need to respond to the messages, being even more active, which seems like it might make it harder to go into trance. Any info/opinions are welcome!
Starmaster
Regular
Regular

Postby darkenedav » January 10th, 2010, 7:24 am

I find that text trancing is like foreplay ;)

There is a few that have you send an email what have you during but I tend to find I can't trance easy unless lying down so those ones get a better response when its post hypnotic suggestions :)

Usually just use text to tease and trigger :D as its super effective ;)
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Postby CycoMelody » January 10th, 2010, 12:41 pm

Sorry to say, Text hypnosis can be just as strong if not stronger then live hypnosis. It depends heavily on the person being hypnotized. If a person enjoys to read and puts themselves in books then text hypnosis will be intense for them. If a person loathes reading then text isn't likely going to be for you.

Melody
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Re: Text hypnosis

Postby homerj1620 » January 10th, 2010, 1:25 pm

Starmaster wrote:I have heard in a couple places about people using text to trance with. I'm just curious how this works, or how well? I've heard of both using files and IM, which seems even more curious to me since you might need to respond to the messages, being even more active, which seems like it might make it harder to go into trance. Any info/opinions are welcome!

A few months ago I bought this book:

"Instant Self-Hypnosis: How to Hypnotize Yourself with Your Eyes Open" by Forbes Robins Blair.

Basically, it contains inductions that are meant to be read to your self (aloud), deepeners, and a bunch of scripts. I've had moderate success with it, similar to my experience with audio files.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Starmaster » January 10th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Ok, thanks guys. It seems like all hypnosis, it works better for some than others. I'll tell you the reason I'm interested in this, because I am trying to figure out if it would be a solution to my problem.

I am an NLP practitioner, and thus far while I have found it relatively easy for me to help other people with my skills, I cannot help myself. I know the techniques I want to use, and I can put myself into the right kind of trance easily, but at some point when I am doing them I start to lose focus, and my mind wanders off to other things, and it feels like my mind gets fuzzy. I assume that I am losing state somehow, and I am not sure why. I think it may be that the best state for doing these techniques is not the best state to be having them done. I've had this problem for years, and I have been hoping to either figure out a solution myself, or else find someone willing to do the work for me so I don't have to worry about it. Of course, I've been too poor to hire anyone and I haven't found anyone willing to do it for free.

So I am curious if there is anyone else who has tried something like this and may know of a way around it. I know that I have got a lot of potential that is locked up by my problems and am quite eager to get rid of them. TIA
Starmaster
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » January 12th, 2010, 10:47 am

Alas. As soon as you take yourself very deep, you tend to lose focus of what you are trying to say to yourself, and your mind wanders, and you are just in a state of deep relaxation and trying to come up with the reason for being there in the first place. A very pleasant state, but not very productive.

I've experienced the same thing, and for me, the best way to solve it has been to create my very own trance script and then record it. Then I can comfortably lie down and go just as deep as possible. And - of course - the deeper I go the better it works. When I come out of trance, I have no idea what was said. My mind has been to Cleveland :-) And it works!

With practise I am now able to trance without a great loss of focus, but it has taken a lot of practise to not go too deep. OR you might say to yourself before you go into a very deep trance: While I go into trance, my mind will work on xxx and fixing xxx the best way possible. - and then I go into elaborate thoughts about what to say and how to do it - while I have my eyes closed but before the trance itself. This works too.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » January 12th, 2010, 9:11 pm

i dont know, i done one text trance, did not think i would make trance with my upper back muscles being so sore, but i did. afterwards, i di not feel any muscle pain, could not believe my muscles could relax like that for a text trance. but they did.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby asankhya » January 21st, 2010, 6:22 pm

books are text hypnosis
asankhya

Postby cardigan » January 21st, 2010, 11:20 pm

Good point!

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby jli » January 24th, 2010, 8:14 am

Text hypnosis is feasible as it can trigger people's own emotion (expected or unexpected). Also, hidden embedded command (or suggestion) can be planted from the context. Of course, the power may not be as much as face-to-face hypnosis. But text hypnosis is still good as a ground work.
YM!: cpli_hk
jli

Return to General Hypnosis