Fluidity of Triggers

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Fluidity of Triggers

Postby justplainbeth » February 2nd, 2010, 11:57 am

Ok, so we all know the trigger "_____ now" and "stop _____ now" but rather than giving a specific set of words, can a trigger be more like a circumstance or an idea, like something he would more normally say to me when he would want something to happen? Would that fall more into behavior modification rather than a trigger, per se? If so, are the hypno-scripts all that different? Ok... Enough questions for one post. :)

Beth
justplainbeth

Postby BeMine » February 2nd, 2010, 6:58 pm

I'd certainly say it's possible. I also believe that suggestions given with "natural" triggers typically go a little bit easier on the listener than ones that are blunt, and have a mechanical feel.

If you truly wanted the trigger to be more "conversational" or "flowing," or however you'd like to call it, the script would probably be a little different, but not by much. You'd probably want to modify said script to something that would feel "easy" to listen to, in a way where you'd feel the natural response to the trigger was to just do whatever you were meant to do.
BeMine
Regular
Regular

Re: Fluidity of Triggers

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » February 2nd, 2010, 10:12 pm

justplainbeth wrote: ...rather than giving a specific set of words, can a trigger be more like a circumstance or an idea, like something he would more normally say to me when he would want something to happen?
Would that fall more into behavior modification rather than a trigger, per se? If so, are the hypno-scripts all that different?

Beth

Thanks for asking fun questions, justplainbeth.

The questions are fun because it's an area I've enjoyed experimenting with.

- Triggering trance by staring directly into the eyes
    - Triggering trance through tactile physical stimulation (no words)
    - Embedding a behaviorally-triggered stimulous
And that's my way of confirming something. As opinion, I believe any sensory medium is fair game... auditory, visual, tactile, olfactory, taste.

Yes - the name for teaching a new response to a chosen stimulus is behavior modification.

And since you understand the big picture, it's a pleasure to confirm that, yes, hypnosis scripts are relatively constant - a form of behavior mod.

What you focus on...

What you love to focus on...

That's what you become.

Without trying, behaviors will subtly shift and change.

They shift automatically toward the desired,
reaching out for it the way a heliotrope turns toward the sun.

So, the first step is desire...

Focusing on what you want and need

Focusing on what you like

Focusing - and trusting your wonderful mind to puzzle out the opportunities and options for achieving it.

And one of the finest success stories is the man who genuinely desires losing conscious awareness. As he grows increasingly frustrated with trying - the fantasy world of Wii is waiting. It's there to help him escape the frustration. It rewards him. It's what he likes. And strangely enough, he's unable to understand how successful he is. It's a success because his behavior is directly aligned with what he desires. And each time he cycles through the behavioral pattern of anger/escape, the bond grows inescapably tighter.

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » February 3rd, 2010, 3:47 am

I always think that the most important thing with triggers is to keep them simple. Freeze triggers are quite popular, and staying still is quite easy. But if I tried to install a trigger that when I snapped my fingers, the listener would immediately write a 3000-word essay on the effectiveness of Bombay's traffic management sytems... well, that's not going to work! Think about what barriers there are to the person complying with the command, because every barrier will make it harder to install the trigger.

Words are the best triggers because we automatically listen to language that we can understand, and we try to attach meaning to it. But yes, triggers can be pretty much anything, as long as it can easily be recognised. Make the trigger itself definite and easy to identify, e.g. using a feeling of warmth as the trigger is difficult because how warm is warm?

ZAP
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby justplainbeth » February 3rd, 2010, 9:45 am

I'm digging this forum. Thank you everyone.... I tried my first scripts out last night, they seem to work well but I have been able to tell where a few flaws are. And, this means, of course, re-writing a few things but by the end of the week I should know if it works for me.

Before I post the file, I need to check with a few people to see if I can use parts of their scripts in an uploaded file. :)

Beth
justplainbeth

Postby FloridaPuppy » February 13th, 2010, 4:49 pm

A trigger can be almost anything really, verbal queues, hand signals, sensations, all manner of odds and ends. It helps considerably if the trigger has some kind of link between the trigger and the desired effect however. The word eggplant is likely to be difficult to work in as something that will make a subject feel safe... of course if eggplant is their usual safeword, and has been for many years, then it might work exceptionally well.

At the same time... I've mentioned that aardvark is an incredibly funny word in passing over the course of a few prior sessions, then set a trigger later so they would laugh hysterically whenever they heard the word aardvark and it was safe to laugh. Despite not having done a bit of hypnosis with that person in almost a year they have trouble not giggling when they see or hear the word aardvark. It's unlikely that the trigger to laugh hysterically at the word aardvark would have gone as well as it did without the earlier suggestions that aardvark was an amusing, funny, and hilarious word. Almost anything can be made into a very strong and easy to set trigger given enough past prep work ahead of time.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Glasnerven » February 24th, 2010, 2:04 am

Almost anything can be made into a very strong and easy to set trigger given enough past prep work ahead of time.

See, stuff like this is what makes me really reluctant to practice my trancing ability. How will I recognize someone doing "prep work" like that and defend against it? Seems like the only way to be safe is to be sure I can't trance.
Glasnerven
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » February 24th, 2010, 5:33 am

Glasnerven, if you want to imagine that you can be 100% sure that nobody can mess with your head, then don't trance. That simple.

However, if you think about all the conditioning that gets pumped at us every day (e.g. brands, logos, adverts, media, education, etc), this is just a drop in the ocean. If you live in the same world as the rest of us, then your mind is not pure. You might as well enjoy it if you can.

As to the "prep work", if you black out during trance (i.e. you can't remember the session), then it is possible that you won't know what's happening. Otherwise, you should be able to recognise it. Suggestions like:

"when you hear the word <****>, you will immediately <whatever>"
"this will happen every time you hear the word <****>"

These would likely be repeated several times. Plus maybe some practice with the trigger, unless it is something very physical. The point of hypnotic suggestions is that they are direct and clear - it shouldn't be hard to recognise the intent.
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby darkenedav » February 24th, 2010, 1:31 pm

zapnosis wrote: However, if you think about all the conditioning that gets pumped at us every day (e.g. brands, logos, adverts, media, education, etc), this is just a drop in the ocean.

To further that point react to these and what's the first thing you think of?
WAZZZZUUUUP -
I'm Loving it -
Always{} -
A {} a day helps you work rest and play -
(if your uk) Every little helps -
That's {} price -

If you being even more picky images trigger a 'reaction' as your brain tells you what they are (eg)

Whats this []
and this ()
and this :D

:) food for though!
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » February 24th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Or just try to convince an english-speaking person that a particular combination of symbols (ELEPHANT) has absolutely nothing to do with large grey land-based mammals. They will look at you like you're mad, and yet there is nothing in that series of symbols that even remotely resembles such an animal.

Conditioning is VERY powerful. At least, that's what my parents always said...
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby darkenedav » February 25th, 2010, 2:34 am

Or just try to convince an english-speaking person that a particular combination of symbols (ELEPHANT) has absolutely nothing to do with large grey land-based mammals.

o_O THAT'S WHAT AN ELEPHANT IS!?

lol :)
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » February 25th, 2010, 4:22 am

If they actually exist... :D
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor