New to forum

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

New to forum

Postby HypnotizeMike » February 3rd, 2010, 9:17 pm

I am new to this forum, but have been interested in hypnosis for many years. I remember checking out a few hypnosis tapes from the library when I was a kid. I always wanted to used self hypnosis to test out some of the stage acts like making a person forget a number, think they could talk to aliens, or be numb to pain.

I would try to hypnotize myself at night. But, never managed to have any suggestions work after coming out of hypnosis (if I actually managed to hypnotize myself).

I was able to do some of the basics like having my arm float up like it was being pulled up by helium or have my eyes glued shut, but that was about it.

I volunteered to be a subject for a stage hypnotist. I felt like I was more playing along than really hypnotized and when told that I was going out to perform like a famous Country Singer, didn't really know what to do.

I have checked out a few of the files. I thought the Babyspeak file was somewhat close to my idea of being able to talk like an alien. After listening to the file, I did find myself saying random sounds instead of proper words or sentences. It took me a few minutes of concentration before being able to speak properly again. But, how do I know the difference between playing along with a suggestion and having it really work? It felt easier to babble than if someone just said start to babble, but I was able to regain my normal speaking abilities quickly.

Mike
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » February 4th, 2010, 6:07 am

Hi Mike,
Welcome to WMM!

The feeling of uncertainty over following suggestions is quite a common one I reckon. Following a post-hypnotic suggestion or a trigger feels similar to playing along and that doesn't help to tell the difference. There's definitely a grey area in the middle too. The best way to understand it is to play with behavioural post-hypnotic suggestions. I have had the experience of doing something a bit stupid, then asking myself why I did it, then remembering the file that made me do it - that's when you know, and it can be quite a moment! But as they say, be careful what you wish for... :D
ZAP
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby darkenedav » February 4th, 2010, 8:04 am

Hey!

Welcome to the madness!
{fell asleep at 3am from listening to too many mp3s and woke at 2pm today lol}
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Postby HypnotizeMike » February 9th, 2010, 12:45 am

I think I will try to focus on the induction, relaxation, and going deeper into trance before I worry about a post hypnotic suggestion or triggers. I have never been good at needing to use training wheels. I just want to get out there and do it. But, being able to accept a post hypnotic suggestion seemed like a good way to tell if I was successful at entering a trance.
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis