Subliminals vs Trancing

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Subliminals vs Trancing

Postby ranmafan » April 18th, 2010, 7:40 pm

Hey, I was just wondering...is listening to a subliminal file just as effective as trancing, less than, or more so? Recently my friend made my file into a subliminal and I gave it a listen. And while you can consciously hear the file, subconsciously you can. I felt really dizzy and kinda out of it as it was playing too.
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Heartwould » April 19th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Hi,

I'm not really qualified to say which one is more effective, but I'd rather listen to some subliminal suggestions instead of trancing - I can be doing something rather mindless anyway, like washing the dishes, and being trained at the same time.

cheers
Heartwould
Regular
Regular

Postby DKaiser » April 20th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Don't have time to give one of the forum's classic longwinded responses, so just a tl;dr version here:
Subliminals will only work well on their own if you're highly suggestible, and really want them to work. They work best as a reinforcer: listen to them during the day while doing other things, but still listen to the actual files on a regular basis.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ranmafan » April 20th, 2010, 7:25 pm

DKaiser wrote:Don't have time to give one of the forum's classic longwinded responses, so just a tl;dr version here:
Subliminals will only work well on their own if you're highly suggestible, and really want them to work. They work best as a reinforcer: listen to them during the day while doing other things, but still listen to the actual files on a regular basis.
Hi DKaiser, if your in need of money I got a project for you, if not thats fine. Thanks for your imput.
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » April 20th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Subliminal messages are not as effective as trancing. Because they are overall very different.

While there hasn't been too much study in subliminal messages, what has been studied showed that the best Subliminal could do was implant simple thoughts.

So if somebody had the word "POPCORN" show up subliminally during a movie it might make you go "Huh, I'm a bit hungry.". Typically the more simple the subliminal the better. A British show called "Braniac" had an episode where they put 5 subliminal messages in different forms during the episode. Then at the end revealed what they said. The simpler messages like "Your lips are dry"(Which in their monitored viewed showed about half the audience licked their lips after the message was shown.) worked better then the complicated ones "Phone your mum."(Which nobody responded too, not even when asked.).

By itself, a subliminal isn't going to do much. A subliminal about sucking cock, played on loop for an hour. Might make you think about it a few times but you won't actually have your behavior changed.

On the other hand, if you listened to a file about sucking cock on a semi-regular basis and listened to the subliminal on loop for as much of your day as you could. It would most likely help reinforce the file by getting you think to about sucking cock more often, with the files suggestions to want to do it, coupled with the thoughts coming up more often. A subliminal could help change behavior.

Subliminals also work well in the background of hypnosis files, as you're actually in trance hearing them, they have similar effect to the hypnotists voice.

But in an either-or situation between subliminal's and trancing, trancing is much much much more effective.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby brand22023 » July 2nd, 2010, 1:22 pm

Would it be possible to use subliminals to go deeper in trance
brand22023

Return to General Hypnosis