Sleep?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Sleep?

Postby gurlbidesign » August 16th, 2005, 5:19 am

It seems like everytime I play a file I just fall asleep during it. I know I don't go into trance because most of the time I sleep past the wakeup point and sometimes I wake up before the file is finished. In either case the subject of the file has not taken effect. Mistress says that they are starting to work because I am falling asleep. Is this a normal step with someone who apparently isn't overly susceptable to being hypnotized or am I just getting a lot of short naps?
gurlbidesign
Mentor
Mentor

Postby GrimIronMan » August 16th, 2005, 7:20 am

Im not really an expert on this, so if someone else posts, take their word over mine if our posts conflict.

It sounds like you are going too deep to me. I would suggest Deepening2. It tries to achieve a good level of trance. I recommend SublimTrainTrance if your doing something. I lay down on my bed with my boom box next to me with a burned cd and with headphones, so there's something to try. To me at least, a trance is where you close your eyes and your body feels like it is bound to the bed, and nothing can be lifted off the bed.
Last edited by GrimIronMan on August 16th, 2005, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrimIronMan
Regular
Regular

Re: Sleep?

Postby cardigan » August 16th, 2005, 7:22 am

gurlbidesign wrote:It seems like everytime I play a file I just fall asleep during it. I know I don't go into trance because most of the time I sleep past the wakeup point and sometimes I wake up before the file is finished. In either case the subject of the file has not taken effect. Mistress says that they are starting to work because I am falling asleep. Is this a normal step with someone who apparently isn't overly susceptable to being hypnotized or am I just getting a lot of short naps?

Try listening when you are completely wide awake and full of energy. If you still fall asleep, then try listening to another file with different and maybe less radical content.

Either you are too tired, when you listen, and that will cause you to go out of trance and into sleep, OR the file is in some way intimidating to your mind, so it puts you to sleep to prevent you from listening.

When you go into trance, you might feel as if you fall asleep and then wake up again a bit later, and it might be an on-off thing all the time, but it shouldn't be so that you wake up in the middle of the script, open your eyes and react like having had a nap. It should be more like you stay in trance with eyes closed and deeply relaxed, only suddenly you become aware of the voice talking to you again. THAT is still trance.

So try a completely neutral file - like just an induction and wakening and see if you react the same way. That will help you find out which is the case. - I hope it helps.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » October 3rd, 2005, 2:22 pm

I agree with GrimIronMan, on the fact that you are probably going too deep. If you're laying down, make sure you head is not bent so as to restrict breathing, and breath deep, so that way you brain will get more oxygen, also, you can try sitting in a chair or a slightly uncomfortable position, to help keep you from falling asleep. My final suggestion is to concentrate, and think about the words (not too deeply), but visualize it.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby ubermullet » November 6th, 2005, 9:01 pm

I've been falling asleep while listening to these files as well.

I'll try it in the middle of the day next time.

But a quick question, would my brain still pick up the guy's voice since its still playing? Or would that not work?
ubermullet

Postby goldragon_70 » November 6th, 2005, 9:25 pm

It can still work subliminally.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » November 7th, 2005, 3:09 pm

I'm not sure whether it would work or not. But I don't think it would work, if you were sleeping. But it would work, if you were in a deep trance. Deep trances are like sleep - you drift in and out of focus, so for a lot of the time you might think you had been sleeping, while in fact you were trancing. See what results you get and judge by that, but be patient and try for a while first.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis