Sleeping pills and Trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Sleeping pills and Trance

Postby ukeboi » July 4th, 2010, 6:15 am

Okay so I like have sleeping problems and such. So I sometimes take sleeping pills, I also have been using my files on repeat over night in addition to listening to them during the day.

My question is will they like effect each other at all, and shou8ld I like not trance the nights I take them?
ukeboi
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » July 4th, 2010, 7:23 am

This reply is intentionally short and to-the-point.

I want you to immediately discontinue using your files on repeat overnight.

Stop it.

Let your sleep be sleep. And that means EVERY night, regardless of the medication you take.

Having a bedtime "ritual" is important. A bedtime ritual is a consistent set of actions that preceed bedtime. Ritual is important because it establishes habit... a signal to your subconscious mind that it's time for sleep.

You're free to incorporate anything you like into a bedtime ritual - like 30 minutes of trance. But then switch it off and give sleeping your full attention.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby angel123 » July 4th, 2010, 12:49 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:This reply is intentionally short and to-the-point.

Stop it.

Let your sleep be sleep. And that means EVERY night, regardless of the medication you take.

Having a bedtime "ritual" is important. A bedtime ritual is a consistent set of actions that preceed bedtime. Ritual is important because it establishes habit... a signal to your subconscious mind that it's time for sleep.

You're free to incorporate anything you like into a bedtime ritual - like 30 minutes of trance. But then switch it off and give sleeping your full attention.

WOW ... well said MN :)
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » July 4th, 2010, 1:42 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:

Stop it.

I would agree that it is a very bad idea to ruin your sleep with a constantly playing loop. That would be especially true if you already have problems sleeping, but I believe it to be good advise for everyone. If you are sleeping soundly enough that a constantly playing file doesn't disturb your sleep it is probably not doing anything anyway.

If you are trying to overcome a sleep disorder then it is very good advise to have a "bedtime ritual" so as to create a "habit."

If you have no trouble sleeping I would not recommend that. Creating a ritual and habit could very well make you dependent on that ritual and habit. You could develop a sleep disorder where you did not have one before. Should you find yourself in a situation where you cannot adhere to your ritual your habit may prevent you from going to sleep.

Seems to me that those with no problem sleeping are better off leaving well enough alone. Just a thought.

Sarnoga.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis