Frequency of Use

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Frequency of Use

Postby Heartwould » August 5th, 2010, 1:24 pm

Hi,

I've been using a few files very frequently, and they've just clicked, big time! Since the night before last, all I can think of is sex, and, in particular, pleasing my man any way I can. And, without blushing, he's been pretty happy!

The problem is, I was feeling somewhat brain-fogged for the last few days, and today I am having a huuuuuge headache. Really throbbing, can't stand the light, noise hurts, etc. Yep, it sounds like a migraine, but the coincidence is troubling me.

Could I have re-wired my neurons in some way that is causing this headache?

Cheers
Heartwould
Heartwould
Regular
Regular

Re: Frequency of Use

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » August 7th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Hi, Heartwould -

Congratulations on your success - any way you can.

You asked a question that's a favorite topic for me...
    Could I have re-wired my neurons in some way that is causing this headache?
It's a favorite topic because of the correlation you've drawn...
    - Headache
    - Listening very frequently
There are four pieces of advice I give to clients who are new to recreational hypnosis. And I give it to this group in particular because of headaches.
    1) Take a day off from trancing at least once each week

2) On the days when you listen, limit the duration to approximately 30 minutes, once in the morning and again in the evening

3) Let your sleep be sleep - uninterrupted by looped mp3s

4) Be good to yourself. Stay in the self-actualization zone.
Again, congratulations.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Heartwould » August 8th, 2010, 10:13 am

Hi, MN

Thank you! These look like very good words of advice; I've been listening way more than 30 mins per day, and had not really been taking a day off.

Moderation in all things, eh?

I'm very pleased with the impact the training has had on me, and will be going on - a little slower, perhaps, but still going on. This is tooooo much fun to stop!

Heartwould
Heartwould
Regular
Regular

Disagree

Postby softline » August 8th, 2010, 12:44 pm

It is not frequency of use that is causing your problem, but rather how radical the change is that you are trying to make. Frequency by itself is not a bad thing. For the right change more is better. Trancing four of five times a day (if time permits) will get you there quicker.

Most professional hypnotist training tells you that gradual change is better. If you are trying to help someone quit smoking if you first tell them to cut down by one cigarrett a day in the first suggestion and then two and so on, you end up having better success.

In my own case I had a female friend who was great one on one, but in public she was very conservative (i.e. floor length skirts, blouses buttoned up tight around her neck, uptight behaviour). I took her through a series of suggestions where the skirts got shorter and the buttons left undone. At the end she was showing all to me and my friends in public settings and behaving very enticingly. It would not have worked had I gone to directly to a suggestion like "baring all in public" even though that is where she ended up.

In your case the damage may already be done. If the new behaviour was to radical from your old it creates enourmous mental stress. If you have not yet achieved your final behaviour goal (i.e. your current behaviour is still not where you want to end up) you might try to find some files that take it slower. If you are trying to do every sexual act ever invented, back off to some files about some things you are only moderately uncomfortable with. Talk to your partner and tell him you are going to slow down a bit.

If you want to discuss any of this in more detail you can message me directly.

Thanks

Lou
softline

Postby Heartwould » August 10th, 2010, 8:21 am

Hi, Lou,

Thanks for the grounded words of advice. It all seems to boil down to: take it easy; the tortoise wins the race, etc.

Easier said than done, but maybe I'm a little over-eager. :D

Cheers
Heartwould
Heartwould
Regular
Regular

Postby mutatedbunnyboy » August 10th, 2010, 8:56 am

I would have thought frequency of use was a big thing, the brain is basically being asked to be active constantly and take in information, we do this anyway but when you apply instructions and commands i imagine the impact to be very demanding. like being told to sit down and stand up for hours on end.

Also heartwould, just want to say absolutely love reading your progress =D
mutatedbunnyboy
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis