"How Low Can You Go?" (Beta/Alpha/Delta/Theta)

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

"How Low Can You Go?" (Beta/Alpha/Delta/Theta)

Postby Darth_Fugue » September 5th, 2010, 7:23 am

I'm still NEW to this, so I think I've only gone as far as Lower ALPHA, or possibly Upper-DELTA!

What is the DEEPEST Level, of Hypnosis, that you've gone down to?

(Please, provide a BRIEF Summary, of your Experience?)

Thank you!
Darth_Fugue

Postby Jeshi » September 7th, 2010, 10:25 pm

I have no idea how you would be able to measure your own brain waves while in a deep trance. I certainly can't say I've kept track of symptoms that signal to Theta or something. The best description I can give would be vague and unhelpful "I felt good and relaxed and excited, and I felt like the words of the hypnotist were compelling me to follow them, event though I was barely paying attention to what they were compelling me to do." I doubt you can get anything out of something like that.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Need the right equipment

Postby softline » September 9th, 2010, 2:06 am

To accurately determine your brain wave state you need a EEG machine. If you can get access to one that makes a recording of your results you can review after your session and determine what state you achieved. For hypnotic suggestions to really work you need reach a sustained theta level.

Many hypnotists who use EEG machine just keep doing deepening until theta state appears and then they start suggestion.

Note this equipment can be very expensive. Simple models start at $2000 and go up from there. Be sure you study manual or get some training because improper sensor placement can give you bad readings.
softline

Postby mistschaufel » September 9th, 2010, 9:07 am

Here's a less-expensive possibility

[url]http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/[/url]
mistschaufel
Regular
Regular

OpenEEG

Postby softline » September 9th, 2010, 2:07 pm

May cost a little less, but requires some serious skills at electronic component assembly. Site has link to assembled system which cost $3000.
softline

Postby zzzzz » September 12th, 2010, 4:47 am

i thought the sequence is (high to low brain activity): gamma, bèta, alpha, thèta, delta...

gamma is somewhat unknown

see [url=http://www.immrama.org/brainwave/brainwave1.html]here[/url]
zzzzz
Regular
Regular

Postby angel123 » September 18th, 2010, 12:06 pm

I agree I wouldn't know, but some files work and some don't, I sometimes ''feel'' hypnotised and sometimes I don't ..... :wink:
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis