Orphaned Files

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Orphaned Files

Postby scott1964x » September 27th, 2010, 6:22 am

Some of my favourite files especially control/submission files have authors who don't seem to post anymore.
An example is Whatthe75 whose files I like a lot.
I have noticed many other files of all types that seem to be part of a series that never eventuated.

Do you only commit to a file series when it is complete?

Or do you take a chance that if the voice and message does something to your head you will jump and and hope for the best?
scott1964x

Good questions!

Postby Calimore » September 27th, 2010, 7:10 am

What a great curiosity you have there, scott!

I went through the files rather diligently when I first found the site and concluded that there were enough good authors committed to finishing projects for me to not bother with the authors that didn't or even the ones that had little presence here or elsewhere on the internet.

In other words I closed a door in my mind to those files.

Maybe it's time I open that door up and look at some of these other works? When I first fell in love with this fetish I felt rather committed to understanding and maybe getting into it so I was looking for people with similar commitment who could help me quickly reach my goals.

Having met many of my initial goals from when I began, it now appears to be time to reset a few of those primary goals, one being to check out some of these files I've practically ignored thus far. You're right, scott1964 - there could be dozens of sparkly, glistening gemlike files in there and I'd never know it unless someone bumped into me somehow and told me about it!

Mayhaps scott should have considered taking a poll? ;)

Anyway, great questions, fun thread!
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby scott1964x » September 28th, 2010, 6:41 am

Hey Calimore

Rats I should have created a poll at that.

I think your earlier decision (choose only active authors) is the safest course. Given most people are said to need to listen to files many times for behavioural changes to be effected choosing an author's file series is committing to a big investment in time.
If you have a journey in mind better to make sure there are enough steps to take.

My currently contributing fave authors all still seem very busy producing: EMG, Cardigan, darkknight, MajorPixel and yourself etc

I suppose I will have to hope that the other authors I like, that are on hiatus, get the urge to create again.

Whatthe75 and gaycontrol.....come back I need you !!!

Any other readers - here is an additional question.

Who are the "lost" authors you love (and filenames) ?
scott1964x

Postby Jeshi » October 1st, 2010, 10:07 pm

Yeah, I especially hate when files have suggestions to do things like "Send me a PM about your experiences with this file. You will find that you can't wait for the reply! You will check twice a day for a reply and be very disappointed when it isn't there." And of course the description didn't say this suggestion was in there, and the author has disappeared off the face of the earth!(Or worse, is still active but decided not to reply because you aren't the gender they're looking for. Which is really really irresponsible if the file description doesn't state a specific gender.)

So then you never get a reply and just get really really disappointed twice a day. I was listening to Gaycontrol's stuff every day but he seems to have died so I stopped. His files are all mostly about wanting to contact him and get more suggestions so it kind of loses the point.

Some of the best files I've ever listened too are orphans. I just think overall it's fine to have suggestions to leave comments or send PMs, but irresponsible to leave suggestions to wait for a reply. Unless you're an immortal being that will never go inactive for any reason and can always find the time to reply to every PM you get.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » October 2nd, 2010, 5:10 am

I believe that every file should be complete and separate. If a hypnotist wants to add other files and create a series then good on them, but at least you leave yourself the option.

As to instructions to communicate, I think that most people don't realise how much work it is to be a dominant online. If you create such a file, maybe 500 people download it, maybe 10% get back to you, maybe half of them disappear or whatever... you still have 25 subs who need your attention. Ok that's probably a bit optimistic, but I know of professional hypnodommes who have simply shut down Their websites and disappeared because it was too much work to balance with the rest of Their lives.

I guess it's an easy mistake to make, especially on the amateur side, but it would be nice of people who make such files to leave a comment or something if they're going offline.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis