Brain Wave Generator

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Brain Wave Generator

Postby makidas » September 8th, 2005, 2:33 pm

The question in the worried thread led me to a question. When I listen to Bwgen, I can feel in my head what part of my brain the particular preset I'm listening to is acting on. Have any other Bwgen fans experienced a similar phenomenon?
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Re: Brain Wave Generator

Postby MikeWulf » September 8th, 2005, 9:04 pm

makidas wrote:The question in the worried thread led me to a question. When I listen to Bwgen, I can feel in my head what part of my brain the particular preset I'm listening to is acting on. Have any other Bwgen fans experienced a similar phenomenon?
That is basically just your mind making things up. I get a funny feeling in my knees when I trance :P. There are heaps of reasons for your mind to do this sort of thing, but they are all good.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » September 8th, 2005, 9:12 pm

Man I know this sounds crazy, but I can name the specific spots on my brain that a preset works on. Maybe it's not real, but it sure as hell feels real, lol. It's like a light pressure on certain spots. For instance, when I listen to Deep Mind VI, (a personal favorite) it starts out in the mid-right hand side of my head, and works it's way to the frontal lobes, and I mean it really feels like my brain is firing a billion nerves a second on the spot it is working on. I know the brain is not really supposed to have any feeling, but neither is the heart. I had a heart attack four years ago (caffeine overdose) and it hurt like hell when my heart was beating up against my ribcage.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby GAYTTO » September 9th, 2005, 11:11 am

I discofever....sorry....I discovered some days ago that while I'm in trance or in a state of self-suggestion I feel a kind of tickling in my occipital lobes area. It's supposed to be the area of the eyes perception. It's new to me so I can't tell more about this. But I'm very curious about your reaction on this subject.
Life is a game I'll win
GAYTTO
Regular
Regular

Postby makidas » September 9th, 2005, 10:14 pm

It could be that the trance state is causing increased activity in that particular part of your brain, that is to the point where you can feel it. Honestly, that's all I've been able to gather on it. I thought it was a very interesting phenomenon, I'm glad I'm not alone! ;)
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » September 10th, 2005, 7:32 pm

I have a practical, mundane question. Makidas, where did you get Deep Mind VI? When I downloaded BWGen, I got the "Top 10" files. :P

I got the sound of windshield wipers, the sound a shovel in sand, two or three relaxation tapes that are generic and nondescript. When I've tried to download additional files, I get this message that says in effect "Send us $40-something dollars." If I have to pay, I have to pay. But am I hitting the wrong button or something? Along those lines, remember slutinmyhead? He downloaded a number of files for free. When I went to look, the download sites had the audacity to be charging for the stuff! :(

makidas wrote:Man I know this sounds crazy, but I can name the specific spots on my brain that a preset works on. Maybe it's not real, but it sure as hell feels real, lol. It's like a light pressure on certain spots. For instance, when I listen to Deep Mind VI, (a personal favorite) it starts out in the mid-right hand side of my head, and works it's way to the frontal lobes, and I mean it really feels like my brain is firing a billion nerves a second on the spot it is working on. I know the brain is not really supposed to have any feeling, but neither is the heart. I had a heart attack four years ago (caffeine overdose) and it hurt like hell when my heart was beating up against my ribcage.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » September 10th, 2005, 8:27 pm

http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc577.htm
That's a link for the preset, which is free. In order to use it however, you do have to register.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Whirring and humming into recession

Postby sandy82 » September 11th, 2005, 12:17 pm

makidas wrote:http://www.bwgen.com/presets/desc577.htm
That's a link for the preset, which is free. In order to use it however, you do have to register.

This may be heresy, but a bottle of decent wine beats an assortment of whirrs and hums. I won't do both. I have the uneasy feeling that rather soon we'll wish we had kept the money we've been spending. Things like tuition, rent and ... decent wine.

BTW, I like the sound of windshield wipers. :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » September 12th, 2005, 1:18 am

I'd do best staying away from the sauce, lol. I've hade had some really great experiences listening to that preset.;) I wish you hadn't said that about the windshield wipers, I'll think of that every time I listen now, lol.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis