Is it possible to trance in public?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Is it possible to trance in public?

Postby hearth » February 7th, 2011, 12:04 pm

I don't have a hard time falling into a trance in private, but I have a very difficult schedule and not a lot of private time.

I would like to find a way to session in public, for example, on my 30 minute train commute in the morning. And I can do the whole trance thing on the train, but it isn't really wise to lose track of my surroundings that way for the whole way.

I could use subliminals, but I have never found that I got much out of them. But I haven't tried the ones on this site, so maybe it'll be better this time...?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
hearth

Postby DKaiser » February 7th, 2011, 4:33 pm

I wouldn't expect a deep trance without lots of practice, but it's certainly doable. I tend to use such relaxation techniques when getting blood drawn, for example: not horribly deep, but enough to where the mind is intently focused on something other than the needle.

My suggestion if you try it is to use files that only go, say, 20 minutes long, that way you're in no danger of missing your stop.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby hearth » February 7th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Thanks for your reply

I guess I titled my question badly.

I am able to trance in public, but what I'm looking for is a way to do it safely.

I'm not too worried about missing my stop, since I know how long each file is, like you mentioned. I'm more worried about having my stuff stolen while I'm under. There have been a few times where I've dozed off and woken up without my cellphone or whatever. It's not typical, but it does happen.

I've been doing meditation for a long time, so it's not hard for me to tune out the world. At least if I can get a seat...

Sorry for being unclear
hearth

Postby DKaiser » February 7th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Invest in a small lock, for your backpack/briefcase/whatever. They're generally sold packaged with bags for tourists going to towns with high levels of pickpocketing, though you should be able to buy one on its own.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby steven13 » June 30th, 2011, 6:44 am

try cable lock so you can lock bags and stuffs. but can't you just make a trigger that protects yourself from danger and being taken advantage of while in trance?
steven13

Postby Jeshi » July 2nd, 2011, 11:08 pm

steven13 wrote:try cable lock so you can lock bags and stuffs. but can't you just make a trigger that protects yourself from danger and being taken advantage of while in trance?

But if his eyes are closed and he's unaware of his surroundings he can't tell if someone is trying to steal his stuff. Someone who is stealing his stuff would be sneaky enough anyways that they can't feel it and nobody else on the train would see it.

I think the safest bet is to just put everything in one bag and find a way to lock it. And then just hope nobody tries to call you while you're on the train and your phone is locked up in your bag.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby CharredSoul » July 8th, 2011, 6:32 am

one trance is a heightened state of awareness, you will know instantly when somebody is trying to steal your shit

two why not trance with your eyes open?
[/list]
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » July 8th, 2011, 10:59 pm

CharredSoul wrote:one trance is a heightened state of awareness, you will know instantly when somebody is trying to steal your shit

two why not trance with your eyes open?
[/list]

Some people can only achieve deeper trances with their eyes closed. I know that for me while I can go into a pretty deep trance with my eyes open, it's never as deep as when I have my eyes closed.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby CharredSoul » July 13th, 2011, 4:10 am

if you can go into a deep state of trance, you can achieve it with eyes open aswell with simple powerful suggestions before opening your eyes. as you open your eyes you will drift even deeper into trance.
simple as
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby angel123 » July 23rd, 2011, 12:52 pm

CharredSoul wrote:if you can go into a deep state of trance, you can achieve it with eyes open aswell with simple powerful suggestions before opening your eyes. as you open your eyes you will drift even deeper into trance.
simple as

Not always ''simple as'' though .... :?
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CharredSoul » July 26th, 2011, 3:04 am

it is if you don't have the beleif
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis