What style/level of focus on the voice?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

What style/level of focus on the voice?

Postby Deemreo » March 25th, 2011, 2:54 pm

This is a question that has been nagging at me for a while; now that I seem to be in the right state of body for trance, I'm wondering about how I should focus on the voice. I'm going to list off a few different ways that I find myself focusing (or not) while I listen to the files.

1. Full Focus) In this state, I'm focusing on the hypnotic suggestions like I would a conscious conversation, trying to feel and say what they suggest.

2. No Focus) In this state I let my mind wander, thinking about whatever thoughts cross my mind; what I should do when I wake up etc.. I'm still very much hearing the voice but not paying any conscious attention to it.

3. Lazy Focus) In this state, I'm listening to the hypnotic suggestions but not 'decoding' them. Or in other words I hear and listen to the voice, but I'm not actually comprehending and contemplating the meaning of the words, just kind of laying there, letting the words flow over me.

4. Relaxed Focus) In this state, I'm working my mind similar to the Lazy Focus, but instead of letting my mind just kind of idle without thought, I'm focusing on relaxing.

What I want to know is which of these would be the most effective or proper way to absorb the hypnotic suggestions. I feel like full focus would have the most effect, but the whole point of hypnosis is to bypass the filter of the conscious mind.

Please let me know which if these is the best; which method you prefer; or any different methods or suggestions. :D
Deemreo
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » March 25th, 2011, 6:48 pm

In theory, it really doesn't matter.

In practice, it really doesn't matter.

In conclusion...
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ftslave67 » March 26th, 2011, 6:58 am

I think even if you start out in "full conscious focus", you are unlikely to remain in that state the whole time. It will still work. Your subconscious will absorb what it needs to.
ftslave67
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Deemreo » March 30th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Seems a bit contrary; if a little relieving.

So the only thing that matters is that your in trance? And it doesn't matter what your mind is doing?
Deemreo
Regular
Regular

Postby DKaiser » March 30th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Well, I do find that if you're gonna do it a certain way, stick with that way. Say you're just doing a Lazy Focus, and you move on to another file and start trying to give it Full Focus. You're very likely to fall out of trance that way.

So the method isn't as important as sticking with it. Just use what works best for you.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis