Erasing Memories

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Erasing Memories

Postby Chikusho » April 18th, 2005, 2:07 pm

Hi!

Been visiting this site for a long time but I'm a new member at the forums. I've got a quick question concerning hypnosis.

Is it possible to forget things, for example certain tv shows, by using hypnosis? I've watched my favorite shows multiple times and I'd love to watch them again from the start without remembering every plot twist.

Might sound like a stupid idea.. but what can I say. I love TV :P
Chikusho

Re: Erasing Memories

Postby CAINE » April 18th, 2005, 2:11 pm

Use the amnesia trig :D ! I thought the same thing, like forget music I've listened to!
Just a man on a mission.
CAINE
Regular
Regular

Postby Chikusho » April 18th, 2005, 2:18 pm

That could actually work! Only thing I'm worried about is that if I forget who I am, who my friends are or where I am, I'm pretty sure watching episode or two of Seinfeld wouldn't probably be the first thing I would do. :P
Chikusho

Postby camann » April 18th, 2005, 10:14 pm

Simple enough... leave yourself a note :wink:
camann

Postby CAINE » April 19th, 2005, 9:51 am

camann wrote:Simple enough... leave yourself a note :wink:

Picture this,

You wake up in the morning, not knowing who you are, you have amnesia, you cant remember anything.. You pic up a note that says "you have amnesia, to turn back to normal say amnesia time is over"......

Then you say "what are all these funny symbols on this peice of paper?"

Hehe but really, if you do it, just have a friend you can trust to trigger you on and off.
Just a man on a mission.
CAINE
Regular
Regular

Postby Chikusho » April 19th, 2005, 10:04 am

I think amnesia trig would in my case be overkill.

I was wondering if something in the lines of "You will forget what (insert tv show here) is" would actually work? After being hypnotized of course :)
Chikusho

Postby camann » April 19th, 2005, 10:38 am

There's a file suggestion for this in the voting area I think. Look there and vote for it and maybe it'll come out one day.
camann

Postby Chikusho » April 19th, 2005, 12:03 pm

camann wrote:There's a file suggestion for this in the voting area I think. Look there and vote for it and maybe it'll come out one day.

Thank you! I checked out the voting list earlier but didn't notice it.

It's called Antici...pation. Hopefully it gets more votes ;)
Chikusho

Postby Lord_Mizaru » April 19th, 2005, 12:23 pm

You could always get EMG to do you a custom job, or if you're insane go to the yahoo rooms and find somebody in there to do it :P
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CAINE » April 19th, 2005, 12:26 pm

Lord_Mizaru wrote:You could always get EMG to do you a custom job

He does custom jobs?! Does he do it for free, or for a price?
Just a man on a mission.
CAINE
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » April 19th, 2005, 12:29 pm

I suspect you already know, but custom work runs $50 and I'll do just about anything so long as it doesn't break a VERY few personal rules(and some laws)

CAINE wrote:
Lord_Mizaru wrote:You could always get EMG to do you a custom job

He does custom jobs?! Does he do it for free, or for a price?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chikusho » April 19th, 2005, 12:45 pm

Lord_Mizaru wrote:You could always get EMG to do you a custom job, or if you're insane go to the yahoo rooms and find somebody in there to do it :P

That is something to seriously consider. After I get some more results from the free files.

To play my favorite rpg's and to watch the best tv series/movies again and again, that is my idea of paradise :P

After I started to use ubermans sleep schedule, I seem to have more than enough free time, especially at nights :)
Chikusho

Postby danmalara » April 19th, 2005, 9:52 pm

I looked up that uberman's sleep schedule, and I think it is pretty damn cool. You should start a post in the idle chat thing about it and tell everyone how to do it, because it's cool!! I would love to have that longs days like that, I could get so much more done.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby camann » April 21st, 2005, 7:30 am

I am starting that sleep schedule ASAP. Unfortunately, with the about 2 week initial sleep deprivation I can't do it and college at the same time. After my exams end though, I am starting it. I've even drawn up my own sleep schedule around next semester's classes :D
camann

Postby Chikusho » April 21st, 2005, 9:01 am

Yeah it is very useful but the first couple of weeks, despite that I already had a weird sleep schedule, were very hard. But I think it was worth the trouble.

The only problem is that if you for some reason can't sleep at the scheduled time, you'll feel terrible. So you pretty much have to plan your days around the schedule. But it is pretty easy once you get used to it :)

Edit: Thanks camann ;)
Last edited by Chikusho on April 21st, 2005, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chikusho

Postby camann » April 21st, 2005, 11:49 am

You mean, miss sleeping? I can't even express how much I'm looking foward to starting this... My hesitation to starting nowis classes though and my first exam would come right after the end of one week and I don't know how much I would have just blanked out on remembering at that point. So I'll definitely start right after those are done.

I've got so much to do and so little time! I can't wait! I'm making my own Adventure Game applet that will be incredibly flexible and be able to any adventure game imaginable. I also might get to work in an up-and-coming computer game company if I can put together a good enough portfolio (which I don't have b/c where would I otherwise find the time between classes and social time?).

Once classes end this semester I'll have that class time free and once I get into the system I'll have 21 hours a day! (I'm planning on 30min. naps 6 times a day and possibly a long sleep once a week to let NREM sleep have a chance to rehabilitate my body). I'll definitely write down my success/failure in my journal here.

Are you taking any multivitamins or eating high-protein food? I've heard that the multivitamins help and the high-protein food helps combat the lack of NREM sleep. (My staples are probably going to be cheese and peanuts ;))

This is getting really off-topic though so we might want to start another post in the appropriate area. I'm just so enthusiastic after reading so much positive response to using it.

Do you have any other suggestions to help get me started Chikusho?
camann

Postby makidas » April 21st, 2005, 7:11 pm

i started it today as well, i think this schedule will do wonders for my lack of time :D :D :D :D
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Chikusho » April 21st, 2005, 7:49 pm

makidas wrote:i started it today as well, i think this schedule will do wonders for my lack of time :D :D :D :D

Good luck!

The first week was pretty hard for me. I started this schedule at the same time as my roommate, which I think, helped a lot. When the only thing your mind and body needs is sleep, it helped to have a friend who was going through the same thing :)

Lack of energy was the hardest part. I didn't have enough energy to do anything productive after a couple of days. So be sure to start getting used to the schedule when you're certain you don't have to do anything important in the next one or two weeks.

As far as vitamins go, I take one multivitamin pill every day. But one thing I noticed was that my eating habits changed a bit. Now I eat much more snacks, and one more meal in a day. But that, of course, is understandable.

After the hard part was over, I began to love this new sleeping schedule. And neither has my roommate. My energy levels are back to normal. I'm hardly ever tired, not counting the times when I miss my 20 minutes of sleep of course. Overall, I recommend everyone to try it out, especially if you there should be more than 24 hours in a day :P

But I'm no expert on the matter. So you should check out http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=892542&lastnode_id=124 and whatever you can find using Google. But don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions. I have lots of time to answer ;)
Chikusho

Postby MistressJane » April 22nd, 2005, 6:20 pm

CAINE wrote:
camann wrote:Simple enough... leave yourself a note :wink:

Picture this,

You wake up in the morning, not knowing who you are, you have amnesia, you cant remember anything.. You pic up a note that says "you have amnesia, to turn back to normal say amnesia time is over"......

Then you say "what are all these funny symbols on this peice of paper?"

Hehe but really, if you do it, just have a friend you can trust to trigger you on and off.

"Remember Sammy Jenkiss."
MistressJane

Postby GoddessBreaker » July 24th, 2005, 8:09 pm

I'm fairly new here but I've used the files here before with great results. My question regards to the amnesia trig file. How long would it last if you did not release yourself from it? In all logic it would slowly leave after time and you would slowly regain your memories. Though with the results I have gotten before from the files it suggests that it would be perminant. Does anyone here truely know how long a trigger or more specifically the amnesia trigger would last before being released from the person from shear time?
GoddessBreaker

Postby dharden » July 24th, 2005, 9:57 pm

GoddessBreaker wrote:Does anyone here truely know how long a trigger or more specifically the amnesia trigger would last before being released from the person from shear time?

I don't know, but I'd expect it to vary considerably from person to person, and possibly from time to time.

Why not use an MP3 editor to piece together a test file?
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis