Covert hypnosis via reading

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Covert hypnosis via reading

Postby Storms » June 5th, 2011, 6:16 pm

How possible is it? Any opinions?

Obviously there's some level of trance when reading a good book and hours fly by, but would it be feasible to get deep enough to make suggestions? And would it be possible to do it without someone's knowledge?

I have no use for it, I just find covert hypnosis fascinating and a little bit scary.

Kind of like Sarnoga's voice. :^)
Storms
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnotizeMike » June 6th, 2011, 6:08 pm

Well, any reference to "Close your eyes" would be useless when trying to hypnotize someone from a book. But, I think it is possible to read a script and become hypnotized. A script is just like audio in that it is directing your thoughts. But, I don't think you could just slip in a hypnosis chapter in the middle of Harry Potter without the person reading the book noticing.
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Re: Covert hypnosis via reading

Postby ck » June 8th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Storms wrote:How possible is it? Any opinions?

Obviously there's some level of trance when reading a good book and hours fly by, but would it be feasible to get deep enough to make suggestions? And would it be possible to do it without someone's knowledge?

DEEP enough, probably not. But if you were subtle, then some suggestions could likely be made.

After all, it depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Did you ever read a book or watch a TV show, thinking "I wish that was me," or "I can imagine doing that." Well, a subtle push at that point might be enough to embed some ideas. Do it skillfully enough, and I see no reason that reading couldn't work as you ask.
ck

Postby Mutazoa » June 13th, 2011, 4:40 pm

might have to try writing up something along this line...just to see if it could be done... :twisted:
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby qv » August 13th, 2011, 12:10 am

Of course it's possible.
Look at it this way; can you think of a moment where you're reading something, maybe fiction, maybe not, it doesn't really matter, but it just has some sort of style where the more you read the less you really think about what it's saying? Your eyes continue passing by each word, each letter, but the more you read the more your attention goes elsewhere, which of course is completely natural, because there's no reason for it not to be. You may even start thinking that you've completely read and understood what you've looked at, even though you immediately forget every word you pass by, which is perfectly fine to you because your eyes keep on going by anyways, because you know that on some level, you are reading the words you are looking at, so you can keep on going and forget about whether you remember reading the words. In fact, these sorts of writings are so mind-numbing, they can even change the subject without anyone noticing, because when you start forgetting words that your eyes are passing by, you can even start forgetting things like numbers, or more specifically, the number six, because your eyes pass by, but you forget these things so well that until at least an hour after reading this, you think to yourself that what you are going through by reading this is perfectly natural, and that everything this post has said is true, even if you find it impossible to know for sure what was written, or what the number between five and seven is, because until an hour has passed, you won't know these things, or even realize that there are any gaps in your knowledge of this post or your knowledge of numbers. Of course, as you reach the end of this post, you must realize that what I've said has had an effect on you, whether you know it or not, because as you start becoming aware of words again, you must realize that language is designed to affect people; the only question is whether language can purposely be used that way. Sometimes, definitely, but... well, I guess it depends on how you look at the purpose of writing...
Oh, and your definition of covert.

So tl;dr: It depends... what's 3+3?
Last edited by qv on August 14th, 2011, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

LOL

Postby joecomp2000 » August 13th, 2011, 3:55 pm

nice attempt ... very eriksonian...!!
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby qv » August 13th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Oh, why thank you. Was interested in it for a time, but I didn't want to try it on friends, and didn't feel right trying it on random people either. This is probably the one instance wherein it is most acceptable.
Anyways, one other method is to embed signals in text, usually through improper capitalization or very slightly different fonts/font sizes. The shorter the suggestion, the sweeter (three's a great number).
So for example:
"just learned what the word Whet means. you Yourself would have if you were here right NOW"
As you can see, the suggestion can also work through homophones (goddamn new directions), and there's a certain sweet spot with just how much sense to make. If it makes the right amount of sense, the conscious mind will simply shrug it off, but the subconscious will pick up on the fact that there is actually something you're communicating. Tried it with a friend while I was watching Inception (he was partying with friends on-campus), texted him "experts Call inception film At its finest; Twelve out of ten stars... we will see". As luck would have it, the movie lasted until half-past midnight, so I checked and he did indeed call at midnight. Unfortunately, this was because the party had moved across town, and I couldn't get a ride. And there was a blizzard.
That 45 minute walk was only worth it for the mindfuck I had that morning...

So yeah, if you can't tell, I write much more than I need to, which can hurt or hinder based on what it is you're trying to do, so think carefully about what you write. And for the love of god, if highways are shutting down from the snowfall, make sure you know which way you're going.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » August 14th, 2011, 12:25 am

qv wrote:

Dammit. I can remember that there is a number between 5 and 7 which is the answer to this question, but I can't remember what it is. I just keep thinking of 7. Clearly whatever you were trying worked.

Also I think the odd capitalization method would only work if you were dealing with the kind of person that doesn't notice when things are improperly capitalized.

On the other hand, if you started each sentence with a word ie. "You really need to stop staying up so late. Will told me about this article he read the other today. Sleep is very important for weight loss and good health according to the article."

And with that method, you could make the sentences themselves involve what the suggestion is. So in that case, it's tell the reader to go to sleep in the actual meaning, and then demanding it in the suggestions.

However whatever post made me forget a number is clearly the better method.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » August 14th, 2011, 1:04 am

... my first attempt, and first success, with this method?
......MY PENIS SALUTES YOU, PROUD SIR OR MADAM
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » August 14th, 2011, 8:20 am

qv wrote:... my first attempt, and first success, with this method?
......MY PENIS SALUTES YOU, PROUD SIR OR MADAM

I lost my connection while composing my response and didn't notice until I'd hit Submit, so all those thoughts I had were recycled into their original electrons. Thanks for wasting my time, technology. What I'd said, I think, was something like this.

Trance via text has been my gimmick for a while. It was a little uncomfortable having you play with my schtick, but your warm, talented handling of it has overcome my initial resistance. It's growing on me, you could say. I'm finding it pleasant being validated like this, in a public forum, especially knowing that it's your first time. I'll try to be gentle with my pointers. Getting on top of all this is hard, but not insurmountable and I'll be behind you every inch of the way. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

I've always thought the phonological ambiguity was a neat trick, but it's easy to wind up going in A Whole New Direction if you start down the Ross Jeffries path. Ross Jeffries is A Whole different matter. And have you seen Ross' New Direction? Swirling oceans Below Me, for sure, but oceans of what?

I recently posted on another forum about a training video by Diltz, or Haley or Zeig or somebody describing a technique used by Milton Erickson. He said that there are, of course, multiple levels of communication, primarily subconscious and conscious. In the different levels, there can be understanding and misunderstanding. When there is conscious misunderstanding and subconscious misunderstansing, there is a need for therapy, such as when there is conscious understanding and subconscious misunderstanding, though with a greater need for education to bring wider understanding to the conscious mind. Unconsciously misunderstanding a conscious understanding is a structure that can be employed consciously in an Ericksonian understanding of trance, though consciously understanding the subcsoncious understanding that misunderstanding consciously can lead to greater subconscious understanding is difficult, especially given the limitations of language in conveying understanding from one consciousness to another, let alone the communication of subconscious understanding and the potential for misunderstanding between and among practitioners. I've come to understand, subconsciously, that the back part of my mind will take care of all of this as long as I relax and let it happen. It's as easy as breathing, and as surely as a cool, slow breath in leads to a warm, slow breath out, I can find a deeper, relaxed state of calm clarity.

And anyone reading this will know that the deep, relaxed, calm clarity is the goal of the exercise. Because you're reading this, you can feel a sense of satisfaction at least as deep as your state of relaxed, calm clarity. Now, in the video, he said that may people find the state enjoyable, whether they use it or not, and he knew that they'd really gotten it deeply when they found some way to say "Thank you" to the hypnotist. I've always known that when someone really gets that state of deep, relaxed, calm clarity, that it's easier for them to get it again and again, better and better every time.

That's enough of that for now.

But sects of NLP practitioners love Ross' work, in that special way they have. He keeps serving himself up like the happiness liquor he is and they keep slurping away. That stuff will leave a taste.

What was I saying? Oh, I was trying to remember the draft that the Internetz ate. I think I got it. Welcome to the fray, qv.

-- Blink

I noticed you're fishing for special emails....
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » August 14th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Um... who's Ross Jeffries?
Though I'm sure it's intended to make no sense to me either way....
I'm a tad curious as to what the suggestion was supposed to be, since all I noticed was stuff about going into trance easier, which while helpful, isn't exactly as showy as one would hope for.
So.....
:?:

EDIT: I say this because the paragraphs second from the top and second from the bottom have all sorts of sexual euphemisms, but I can't imagine why you would put outside the trance-induction segment if that effect is what you were looking for. Besides which, not interested in being the meat to your hamburger buns, sorry.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » August 14th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Is anybody else baffled by that post qv made?
edit: Talking about the "MY PENIS SALUTES YOU SIR" post.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » August 14th, 2011, 6:33 pm

qv wrote:Um... who's Ross Jeffries?

...but I can't imagine why you would put outside the trance-induction segment if that effect is what you were looking for. Besides which, not interested in being the meat to your hamburger buns, sorry.

Ross is a speed seduction guru.

Nested loops.

Oppositional to the end. You're welcome. *grin*

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » August 14th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Jeshi wrote:Is anybody else baffled by that post qv made?

Oh, sorry, just the fact that it worked gave me such a rush. A rush that may or may not have been in my pants.
So I'd like to hear your explanation of what you experienced reading what I wrote earlier. Would you be kind enough to bother?

Blink wrote:

...but I can't imagine why you would put outside the trance-induction segment if that effect is what you were looking for. Besides which, not interested in being the meat to your hamburger buns, sorry.

Nested loops.

-- Blink

Well at least I think I can understand that post, so that's a nice change of pace. Except I'm not interested in any sexual experiences of any kind, assuming that that is what you mean when you say that I'm still oppositional. It's easy to be oppositional when even the deepest recesses of my mind are entirely uninterested (probably a little repulsed too) by what you appear to be proposing. And anyways, is this the best place to be trying this out? Or is your intent to also see if it affects other people?
I know it's hard for you to believe that people would be on a hypno-fetish site and not have a subconscious desire to have sex with stuff, but seriously, you've got me spamming up the thread with defenses of my sexual orientation, and this isn't the place for that. PM or email me instead.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » August 14th, 2011, 8:33 pm

qv wrote:
Jeshi wrote:Is anybody else baffled by that post qv made?

Oh, sorry, just the fact that it worked gave me such a rush. A rush that may or may not have been in my pants.
So I'd like to hear your explanation of what you experienced reading what I wrote earlier. Would you be kind enough to bother?

Blink wrote:

Nested loops.

-- Blink

Well at least I think I can understand that post, so that's a nice change of pace. Except I'm not interested in any sexual experiences of any kind, assuming that that is what you mean when you say that I'm still oppositional. It's easy to be oppositional when even the deepest recesses of my mind are entirely uninterested (probably a little repulsed too) by what you appear to be proposing. And anyways, is this the best place to be trying this out? Or is your intent to also see if it affects other people?
I know it's hard for you to believe that people would be on a hypno-fetish site and not have a subconscious desire to have sex with stuff, but seriously, you've got me spamming up the thread with defenses of my sexual orientation, and this isn't the place for that. PM or email me instead.

I didn't pick up on anything sexual from anything Blink has said and he seems to be contributing to the thread discussion on using covert hypnosis in text. I think it's really defensive to assume that a guy is hitting on you when he posts text hypnosis in a text hypnosis thread.

Oh well.

Description of the experience of forgetting 3+3: It was pretty simple really. I started reading the post, sort of expecting it to be something tricky but not being entirely sure, and then I just kept reading. Then at the end of the post I realized I didn't really comprehend what was being said in the post and then you had the question of "what's 3+3?" and I immediately thought 7.

I then thought "god dammit" because I knew immediately that the post had done something and that 3+3 is not 7. But every time I tried to think of the number between 5 and 7 I sort of slipped to either 5 or 7. Like I could tell there was something there but I couldn't think or say the word or see the numeral for it in my head.

It was pretty late at night so I went to bed before it wore off and in the morning I didn't even remember it happening until I returned to the thread and remembered "Oh yeah! That number is between five and seven!" even though I'd already been using the number earlier in the day.

The same happened with Blink's post. I started reading it and sort of slipped through it without really remembering what it said. I've reread it to try and find sexual metaphors but I still can't really remember the point of what the post was trying to say. Like reading Lorum Ipsum or something.

edit: Oh I see the sexual metaphors now! I was rereading the bottom of the post because I assumed they were suggestions but now that I've read the beginning I see what you mean. I think he's just being funny, I don't think he was actually trying to seduce you.
Last edited by Jeshi on August 15th, 2011, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby icedragon » August 15th, 2011, 3:42 am

you know when you get tot he bottem of a thread and can't realy rember what you read...

thought the answer to the sum was 5.5 :) but know better now
icedragon

Postby qv » August 15th, 2011, 8:42 am

Jeshi wrote:I didn't pick up on anything sexual from anything Blink has said and he seems to be contributing to the thread discussion on using covert hypnosis in text. I think it's really defensive to assume that a guy is hitting on you when he posts text hypnosis in a text hypnosis thread.

Oh well.
I've reread it to try and find sexual metaphors but I still can't really remember the point of what the post was trying to say. Like reading Lorum Ipsum or something.

edit: Oh I see the sexual metaphors now! I was rereading the bottom of the post because I assumed they were suggestions but now that I've read the beginning I see what you mean. I think he's just being funny, I don't think he was actually trying to seduce you.

Well... yeah, I suppose you have a point. It's difficult to tell when people are being serious or not, particularly over the internet. I overreacted, but that said, I'd probably do it again too. Because serious or not, he phrased it well enough to work, and I'm not interested.
And besides, he averaged more than one sexual euphimism per line of text (9 and 4, respectively). It just immediately struck me as something that he intended to do, hence my reaction.

Oh, also, could you maybe delete the specific number? Wouldn't want people to forget it only to remember it from reading your post. :D

icedragon wrote:you know when you get tot he bottem of a thread and can't realy rember what you read...

Niiiiice. :)
It's still really cool to me that what I wrote could do that, thanks for everyone that took the suggestion and ran with it.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby icedragon » August 15th, 2011, 10:07 am

it was quite well worded, now that i have reread it and not gone under with it this time.

thank you
icedragon

Postby Blink » August 15th, 2011, 8:12 pm

qv wrote:
Jeshi wrote:I didn't pick up on anything sexual from anything Blink has said and he seems to be contributing to the thread discussion on using covert hypnosis in text. I think it's really defensive to assume that a guy is hitting on you when he posts text hypnosis in a text hypnosis thread.

Oh well.
I've reread it to try and find sexual metaphors but I still can't really remember the point of what the post was trying to say. Like reading Lorum Ipsum or something.

Well... yeah, I suppose you have a point. It's difficult to tell when people are being serious or not, particularly over the internet. I overreacted, but that said, I'd probably do it again too. Because serious or not, he phrased it well enough to work, and I'm not interested.

I'll have to be careful with my words. Jeshi has a rare talent for finding the prize at the bottom of the box.

"But sects of NLP practitioners" is pure gold, by the way. And if there's anything at all "seductive" in that loop then your definition of seduction probably includes fart jokes. (The "loop" I'm talking about is two separate paragraphs each loaded with innuendo, primarily delivered via phonological ambiguities though there is a mix of other, fairly obvious, encoding methodology there. It's all smoke and mirrors, anyway.)

Phrased well enough to work? What kind of work were you looking to get done?

-- Blink
It might be a delicious cheese sauce, but it's not.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby angel123 » August 16th, 2011, 7:42 pm

qv wrote:Of course it's possible.
Look at it this way; can you think of a moment where you're reading something, maybe fiction, maybe not, it doesn't really matter, but it just has some sort of style where the more you read the less you really think about what it's saying? Your eyes continue passing by each word, each letter, but the more you read the more your attention goes elsewhere, which of course is completely natural, because there's no reason for it not to be. You may even start thinking that you've completely read and understood what you've looked at, even though you immediately forget every word you pass by, which is perfectly fine to you because your eyes keep on going by anyways, because you know that on some level, you are reading the words you are looking at, so you can keep on going and forget about whether you remember reading the words. In fact, these sorts of writings are so mind-numbing, they can even change the subject without anyone noticing, because when you start forgetting words that your eyes are passing by, you can even start forgetting things like numbers, or more specifically, the number six, because your eyes pass by, but you forget these things so well that until at least an hour after reading this, you think to yourself that what you are going through by reading this is perfectly natural, and that everything this post has said is true, even if you find it impossible to know for sure what was written, or what the number between five and seven is, because until an hour has passed, you won't know these things, or even realize that there are any gaps in your knowledge of this post or your knowledge of numbers. Of course, as you reach the end of this post, you must realize that what I've said has had an effect on you, whether you know it or not, because as you start becoming aware of words again, you must realize that language is designed to affect people; the only question is whether language can purposely be used that way. Sometimes, definitely, but... well, I guess it depends on how you look at the purpose of writing...
Oh, and your definition of covert.

That's very good, only sussed it when I noticed I had started reading the same thing over ... but then it is 2.40am too :) :lol: :wink: :D
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby qv » August 16th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Jeshi wrote:Description of the experience of forgetting 3+3:

You changed it!
Reading your post again makes me feel giddy like a little schoolgirl :lol:
Though of course I can only assume what that would be like, as I am male.
Just saying so because I'm not sure I've explicitly said so before.

Jeshi wrote:The same happened with Blink's post. I started reading it and sort of slipped through it without really remembering what it said. I've reread it to try and find sexual metaphors but I still can't really remember the point of what the post was trying to say. Like reading Lorum Ipsum or something.

I was going to ask what that was, but decided to Google it instead.
Gotta say, spot on.

Blink wrote:I'll have to be careful with my words. Jeshi has a rare talent for finding the prize at the bottom of the box.

"But sects of NLP practitioners" is pure gold, by the way. And if there's anything at all "seductive" in that loop then your definition of seduction probably includes fart jokes. (The "loop" I'm talking about is two separate paragraphs each loaded with innuendo, primarily delivered via phonological ambiguities though there is a mix of other, fairly obvious, encoding methodology there. It's all smoke and mirrors, anyway.)

Phrased well enough to work? What kind of work were you looking to get done?

-- Blink
It might be a delicious cheese sauce, but it's not.

...wh-
Th-
Y'know what?
Fine, I'm just gonna give up trying to figure you out, because your 'explanations' just confuse me more. Jeshi's 'talent', fart jokes, cheese sauce? I have even more questions now...
If that was your intent, congrats.
I've spammed this thread with my knee-jerk reactions... and for the sake of the thread, I'm done, so... do what you will.

angel123 wrote:
That's very good, only sussed it when I noticed I had started reading the same thing over ... but then it is 2.40am too :) :lol: :wink: :D

Y'know, when I typed that up, I wasn't expecting all these compliments.
Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to try some other stuff like this at some point... maybe not on this forum, though. Sorry.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » August 16th, 2011, 10:29 pm

qv wrote:
Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to try some other stuff like this at some point... maybe not on this forum, though. Sorry.

:( But this is the perfect venue for it!
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » August 16th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Jeshi wrote:
qv wrote:

Daaaaaw, I can't get over how good it feels having done something that people actually want more of. :oops:

...alright, you've got a valid point, I'll see what I can think up. There really is nowhere better, it's just that I'm going to have to do something different this time around, so it might be some time before I post anything like that.

Maybe to pass the time, people could share stories about entering trance-like states while reading?
I've literally had moments where my parents would tell me about something, then double-check with me to make sure I understood, all while I was totally unaware they were even talking. And they thought that me responding was proof I had heard them... :roll:
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby angel123 » August 18th, 2011, 4:29 pm

qv wrote:
Jeshi wrote:
qv wrote:

Daaaaaw, I can't get over how good it feels having done something that people actually want more of. :oops:

...alright, you've got a valid point, I'll see what I can think up. There really is nowhere better, it's just that I'm going to have to do something different this time around, so it might be some time before I post anything like that.

Maybe to pass the time, people could share stories about entering trance-like states while reading?
I've literally had moments where my parents would tell me about something, then double-check with me to make sure I understood, all while I was totally unaware they were even talking. And they thought that me responding was proof I had heard them... :roll:

Please do write more :) I would be very interested .... and I agree with Jeshi this is exactly the place for it ...
:wink:
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby daved » September 3rd, 2011, 9:46 pm

Blink, I wish you were my neighbor.
daved

Postby qv » September 13th, 2011, 12:45 am

THIS THREAD IS BACK FROM THE DEAD MWAHAHA :twisted:
Ahem.

Well anyways, I finally got around to writing another semi-covert hypno-post... the thing is, I really wanted to write another one, since it's great hearing about how people let all my words affect their mind so completely. That's one of the best things about this website; you get people that are so naturally inclined to enter trance and run with hypnotic suggestions, even without any sort of actual trigger. Words themselves are enough for you, which makes this sort of hypnosis extremely easy. But even with all that in my favor, I still couldn't be sure I would be able to do my best... it's just that it was so hard to think of a way to reproduce the success of my previous... well, pile of text. Sure, with the way I write, it's pretty easy for people to just sort of shut off the part of their brain that actually keeps track of what it's reading... I've gotten comments from plenty of people about how my rambling does that even without people trying to experience it that way, sometimes even without me trying to write that way. I once gave an 6-page essay to my teacher, but I felt I had to retract it afterwards, because I had gotten 6 pages by copy-pasting one section elsewhere in the paper. My writing style was such that he read through it, but as far as his mind (or at least conscious awareness) was concerned, all that text he read didn't exist. His eyes simply passed by, I suppose... But could I once again write something that would get people to unknowingly let their awareness of my words drift off from their conscious mind and into the subconscious? Where every word that passes by puts them deeper into trance, even as their eyes continue to focus on what is written, from one word to the next… Could I really guide anyone reading this into a nice, relaxing trance where their minds simply accept what I say even though they lose all conscious memory of what they had read? Maybe they could think back to times they’ve had where words simply seemed to float into their mind, then simply float out again afterwards… maybe they could even think back to when they read the other hypnotic writing I created, assuming they succeeded in entering a little trance when they read it, even if that wasn't their conscious intention… of course, there’s probably people out there that haven’t read what I had written, or had read it but hadn’t shared their response to the question that ended it… if you’re one of these people, I'm positive you’ll totally forget having started to read this, and instead will soon go straight to where my other suggestive piece is posted (it should be a page back), and let the words there affect you deeply… so deeply that you will post a response to that specific post in this thread (totally disregarding forum convention), and honestly believe the answer you have given, though of course you wouldn’t be so inconsiderate to post the actually correct answer anyways… and if you haven’t done this, go do it at the end of this sentence, leaving this writing for another time. Now, if you’re still here letting these words float by, that means you have read and responded to my previous work, which as it pleases me, hopefully pleases you as well. The dedication you’ve shown in responding to my suggestions will no doubt ensure that what I’m about to write will affect you deeply, even though you’ll undoubtedly forget why, or even what has happened. To you, your response will be perfectly natural, because what I want you to do is think of the worst hypnosis script you can imagine… perhaps this means it is poorly written, perhaps this means you consider the hypnotic suggestion distasteful and unworthy of obeying, perhaps both… I'm sure you've seen files like this before. But the interesting thing is that as you think of this example, you remember it… in fact, you remember it so vividly that you can feel it filling the empty space where the memory of what you’ve read here once was… you know that you’ll have completely forgotten everything actually written here, but I'm caring enough to make sure that gap in your memory gets filled in again afterwards… so remember having read a suggestion that personally offends and disappoints you… remember so vividly that you’ll ask why I put in what I did, ensuring to write in detail exactly what I had written that offended you so. In fact, I want you to remember it so vividly that you can even quote pieces of what you think I had written, even if after having given your response you realize that by responding in such a way, you’ve done exactly as I asked. Know that anything you write in response to me is acceptable in my eyes, since no matter how upset or disappointed your response is, deep down you know that the pleasure of being obeyed overwhelms anything I might feel about what you’ve written… and know that you'll remember this so vividly that even if somehow you learn the truth, you'll always remember what you thought you read...
So let these words affect you so deeply that your conscious mind, coming back, closer and closer to awareness, that you remember only what I allow you to remember, letting any suggestions take effect until you’ve responded to what you’ve read. And most importantly, remembering why hypnosis is awesome.
It really is awesome, you know. It's totally awesome that there are so many ways of entering trance, too. Anyone who disregards the power text can have is missing an important tool in any hypnotist's repertoire. At least, that's what I think.

...so anyways, I’m not quite sure what people will think of this… particularly the suggestion
:wink:
So if someone would be kind enough to share their opinion, it'd be greatly appreciated. Was it good? Bad? Feel free to say whatever, I'm manly enough to take whatever criticism you may have.

EDIT (that only worked after deleting and reposting):
Jeshi wrote:Description of the experience of forgetting 3+3: It was pretty simple really. I started reading the post, sort of expecting it to be something tricky but not being entirely sure, and then I just kept reading. Then at the end of the post I realized I didn't really comprehend what was being said in the post and then you had the question of "what's 3+3?" and I immediately thought 7.

I then thought "god dammit" because I knew immediately that the post had done something and that 3+3 is not 7.

So I reread my previous covert hypno-text and... well... I need to get one thing straight.

...sooooo..... you're saying 3+3 isn't 7?
Then... what... um.
:?:
8O
:o
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » September 13th, 2011, 4:29 am

Greetings,

It being rude and inconsiderate to jump into a thread without knowlege of its course or the means by which it arrived in its present condition or the arguments that contributed as well as the ground covered prior to the current post, which validates Glinda's statement to Gale that it is always best to start at the begining, I followed the aforementioned advice without achieving a satisfactory understanding of the intricacies involved sufficient to avoid an appearance of ignorance, and so concluded that Billie Burke may have been mistaken or perhaps misinformed, as Rick claimed to be after indicating that he had relocated to to his current city of residence for the waters, yet still was trusted by one who felt despised, when the former could only speculate as to the truth of that statment, having claimed to have given no thought to the latter, which in turn was probably less than truthful considering the speakers aptitude for observation and consideration, all of which is only a failed attempt at illumination considering the fictional nature of the obscure exchange, yet still could and perhaps should be set in contrast with, and viewed in light of, the sentiment, that people with an extensive lyrical knowlege may have heard expressed, that sometimes shutting up is the best way to speak your mind, which in turn is similar to saying that if you have nothing to say the very least you can do is to shut up, additional advise from Mr. Lehrer I may have done well to heed, rather than repeat, but seem to have disregarded in favor of another course of action which, I would argue, is understandable considering my poor experience with favored advice earlier in this post, as well as the investimet expended to review the purview of statments previously articulated, none of which brings us to any conclusion beyond that which could be obtained by simple observation, and indeed has proceeded entirely wihout comment on the merits of the text composed by previous contributors, and when considered in context can be said to have imparted nothing of substance to the reader nor to have possessed any residual value, and might best be evaluated by some method chosen for the purpose of revealing hidden meanings, the suggestion of which may serve to conceal the complete absence of meaningful communication in the current post as well as anything else worthy of consideration, perhaps with a few insignificant exceptions, the totality serving only the purpose of consumption of time with perhaps an incidental deleterious affect on consentration, in addition to an unknown effect on the mood, disposition, and sence of wellbeing as percieved by the consumer of the text, all of which could be used resorsefully to distract from the origins of the current matter while obscuring any attempt to be obtuse from either perspective, as well as any delusion of having enlightened the reader, or pretension of having engaged in a worthwhile exchange, hidden or otherwise, with any person living or dead while at the same time misdirecting attention from abysmal punctuation to less than stellar spelling, none of which has any relation to the current topic, yet the writing of which was accomplished with an unwarranted degree of relish, and should be accompanied by sufficient appologies to avoid unwanted, though possibly deserved anymosity, and so it is hoped such appolgies will be inferred even though not explicitly stated, while excluding from the appologies the obvious delight derived from subjecting readers to such a large block of uninterrupted words without the benefit of any paragraph breaks or other conventions normally used to aid in the processing of text.

Thus after careful consideration I feel compelled to make the following comment.... HUH?

Regards,

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » September 13th, 2011, 8:40 am

sarnoga wrote:Words

My goodness, is that a long run-on sentence.
At first glance (by which I mean about 10 minutes of reading), I assumed you were making some sort of statement about the downsides of uninterrupted blocks of text. Upon further laborious review, I'm no longer entirely sure of anything regarding that post other than the fact that you clearly enjoyed writing it. Or perhaps I misunderstand...?
So in response to your indication of a personal state that for all intents and purposes appears to be confusion, all I have to say is...
......... man, I don't even know.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby guyincognito88 » September 13th, 2011, 9:09 pm

lol, keep reading, qv. Maybe you'll get it someday.
guyincognito88

Postby ray2 » September 13th, 2011, 10:32 pm

srry sarnoga line 34 has a misspelling through me way off this post go sox go pats lol
ray2

Postby Jeshi » September 13th, 2011, 10:50 pm

sarnoga wrote:Greetings,

Thus after careful consideration I feel compelled to make the following comment.... HUH?

Regards,

Sarnoga

Wow, it's like legalese written by someone who never learned a thing about formatting. Although to be fair, most people don't know about proper formatting, they just hire copy-editors to do it for them.

As far as I can tell, it was Sarnoga responding to that ridiculous script qv wrote. I'm sure the idea of not using any paragraphs or formatting at all was to prevent the reader from incurring ahead what the contents would be, but instead it just made a very hard to read script.

They say that the best story in the world would be considered terrible if you removed all of the punctuation and formatting, clearly this also applies to hypnosis scripts.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » September 13th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Jeshi wrote:

Regards,

Sarnoga

Wow, it's like legalese written by someone who never learned a thing about formatting. Although to be fair, most people don't know about proper formatting, they just hire copy-editors to do it for them.

As far as I can tell, it was Sarnoga responding to that ridiculous script qv wrote. I'm sure the idea of not using any paragraphs or formatting at all was to prevent the reader from incurring ahead what the contents would be, but instead it just made a very hard to read script.

They say that the best story in the world would be considered terrible if you removed all of the punctuation and formatting, clearly this also applies to hypnosis scripts.

But... it wasn't that bad, was it?... :cry:

...j/k, I understand, though the way you posted, I'm not sure who your first paragraph is directed to.
... does anyone wanna bet he means me? :roll:

EDIT: WOOT EDIT WORKS AGAIN
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » September 14th, 2011, 6:56 pm

qv wrote:
Jeshi wrote:

Regards,

Sarnoga

But... it wasn't that bad, was it?... :cry:

...j/k, I understand, though the way you posted, I'm not sure who your first paragraph is directed to.
... does anyone wanna bet he means me? :roll:

EDIT: WOOT EDIT WORKS AGAIN

The both of you! *folds arms*
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby rawk » September 16th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Can this thread never die? Cuz that would be great.
rawk

Postby qv » September 16th, 2011, 7:32 pm

rawk wrote:Can this thread never die? Cuz that would be great.

As long as these hypnoposts have gotten, it already basically goes on forever.
I may have to work on that...
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jamess14 » December 26th, 2011, 12:05 am

Basically Sarnoga expressed joy at making the reader, read through it all,looking for meaning while stating that it actually has none.
Read it quite fast, just needed to maintain concentration on the words themselves and consciously avoid getting misdirected or confused that would in turn make you just glaze over the sentences without actually understanding them.

tl,dr: Rant about making you read the wall of text. :wink:
Jamess14
Regular
Regular

Postby darkhypnoking » January 2nd, 2012, 1:20 pm

qv wrote:what's 3+3?

Seven.

I read that post a few minutes ago, and I don't think it had worked, but then I started reading your next covert hypnosis post and ended up going straight back to the first and reading it again. And I know it worked because I know that 3+3 is not 7. But then again it is.

Whatever...I'll have to find that second post again.
darkhypnoking

Postby Jeshi » January 3rd, 2012, 3:41 am

darkhypnoking wrote:

Seven.

I read that post a few minutes ago, and I don't think it had worked, but then I started reading your next covert hypnosis post and ended up going straight back to the first and reading it again. And I know it worked because I know that 3+3 is not 7. But then again it is.

It's great that this thread is still getting reads. It is the best thread.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Kanibal » January 3rd, 2012, 10:37 am

darkhypnoking wrote:

Seven.

Amazing. First time I read this topic I just TL:DR'd that post and got the hint but you're right if you actually ready it and then answer that question the instinct answer is 7. Having only just read it I'm actually find it difficult to explain... Issues with numbers. I'll come back in an hour...
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby Midnight68652 » January 5th, 2012, 10:39 pm

To put my two cents in *pays the toll booth*

Reading covert hypnotism works. But just like in person you have to make it so they don't notice it consciously. Which makes it a lot harder considering in order for their conscious mind out of it would mean completely distracting them with huge runnons. It is just the same way how people do it in real life where they do something to make a subconscious link to the word or letter they want in your mind. Most use a form of touching. They would be talking to you or telling you a story and touch you lightly when they hit something in the story they wanted you to know. Thus your conscious mind is distracted taking in what they are saying and your subconscious says hey he touched me and when the he touched me and the work/letter hit it imbeds it in your mind. Temporarily.

Though i'm more of a fan of text hypnotism. Where you get them to submit and hypnotize them over Im :D
Midnight68652
Regular
Regular

Postby mecdual » January 18th, 2012, 3:04 am

this is very interesting
do you know where i can find something in french ?
mecdual

Postby maxwell501 » August 27th, 2012, 2:16 pm

icedragon wrote:you know when you get tot he bottem of a thread and can't realy rember what you read...

Who in thuder COULD remeber what was said?
So much droning on and on; nearly put me to sleep, and I am not hypnotizable (is that a word?).... :wink:
maxwell501

Postby stagman1234 » August 30th, 2012, 12:00 pm

3+3=7 i would have thought that would be obvious.
stagman1234

Postby Scarlett_S » October 23rd, 2012, 11:17 pm

The number thing didn't work and Blink's post about fishing for a strange email and cheese sauce don't make any sense...
Scarlett_S
Regular
Regular

Postby dingusguy » November 10th, 2012, 4:00 am

Nice topic. I submitted this story called "FWD: Hypnosis" on Literotica.com that I still get email on 8 years later. It is short and sweet, but had some hidden stuff in it to put someone in a light trance. It was meant to be sneaky in that "Conversational" hypnosis way and made to look like someone forwarding an email to another person. I also did another one called "For the Submissive Chocoholic" which uses the imagery of eating chocolate to hypnotize you. It has been a real long time since I written anything, but it has been fun getting the feedback over the years.

Here is...
FWD: Hypnosis
http://www.literotica.com/s/fwd-hypnosis
For the Submissive Chocoholic
http://www.literotica.com/s/for-the-submissive-chocoholic
dingusguy

Postby Anthrochocobo » December 4th, 2012, 5:09 am

Now my eyes hurt. And whats with this wierd pseudo flame war going on? it's like people are putting together 3+3 and getting 8.
3+3 = 7 people!
Anthrochocobo

the chocolate article

Postby Misterbradd » December 19th, 2012, 5:41 pm

great read!
Misterbradd
Regular
Regular

Postby PowerHoden » March 1st, 2013, 9:38 pm

To understand Hypnosis in general and specifically through chat one must understand how a trance works.

After all a trance is just your mind getting calmer and calmer while your thoughts slow down. The more your mind calms and your thoughts slow down, the deeper you get into trance.
Your mind might still wander around, might think about how deep you go or simply follow my words. It doesn't matter anyway, since you just need to let it flow and let go of control. Control is an illusion anyway. You can't even control every aspect of your body. So all you need to do is to let go of it during a trance.

You want to let go anyway. You remember those times you were letting go and how good it felt and it came so naturally.
Just like when you are drowsing. It comes so naturally. Everyone trances daily and your mind is aware of what a trance is, because it is as common as breathing or blinking. It is so common, that most of the time we can't even tell when we are slipping and going down. Your consciousness isn't even realizing, when you are slipping into this pleasant state of mind. That would just mean you were fighting a pleasant feeling. Why would you do that? Of course you wouldn't. There is no reason to fight it.

Your consciousness isn't realizing when you are slipping simply because your perception is limited. Your mind is filtering out all those unnecessary information of yours, because else you would have an overload of thoughts. There is no one who wants to be overwhelmed by that. Instead it is so much more pleasant to enjoy letting go and to let your perception becomes more and more limited during a trance.
Imagine a time you were very relaxed listening to someone's sweet voice, getting massaged and relaxing moments like this. Imagine how that made you feel and how easy it was to enjoy that feeling. And you can enjoy that feeling of letting go at any time.

All you need to do is to believe in the power of your mind. Your mind is so incredibly powerful that it can let you feel an emotion easily. Your mind can make you feel pleasant, warm, and relaxing with ease. You just need to let your mind help you to relax.
There is no need for you to think about, if you are in a trance now or not. You are already in a trance anyway. You are just slipping deeper and deeper with each of my words.
After all, it is what you want and what you desire. You want to feel relaxed and pleasant, you want to let go and you want to enjoy those warm feelings, because it makes you feel good. And feeling good is something everyone desires.

As you give in to this pleasant feeling, you feel my words sinking into your mind more and more easily. You feel yourself sinking into each of my words while your mind is calming and slowing down so far, that you start getting a few black spots in your memory. A few unnecessary words missing here and there. Yet still somehow focusing on the key words while your consciousness will still think it is in control and can remember superficial content. But how would you know, if you can remember something, if you actually can't? Your consciousness just talks itself into it for the sake of staying in control, while it isn't in control anymore. Being in control is an illusion and you want to let go of this illusion, because it makes you feel so very good.

All you need to do is to accept that you aren't in control most of the time. Just believe in surrendering and letting go while the black spots in your mind are growing and growing. You are forgetting more and more about the trance aside from some keywords. And the more you surrender, the more relaxed you feel.
Your mind is slowly calming down so far, that your thoughts are going blank. My words are becoming your thoughts and your mind will just stand still while waiting for my words as you enjoy the relaxing and pleasant feeling of letting go. You enjoy giving away control so much, that it makes you feel so very good and relaxed.

It is just a matter of time until you are blanking out completely. Just a matter of time until you will let go of the last little bit of control you believe you have. But that's the interesting part about beliefs. It's only a belief, if you believe in it. As soon as you stop believing into having control, you will be free of that restriction. As soon as you give up on the illusion of control and believe that I can easily make you fall into trance, you will just fall deeper and deeper.

With each time you go into trance, it will become easier and easier for you to go deeper into a trance. Each breath you take and each thought you still have is taking you deeper until you are free of thoughts during this trance as it makes you feel so very good and relaxed while it is slowly making you aroused to surrender.

Each time I am waking you up, you will have a harder time remembering the content of the trance. With each time you go into trance and the deeper you go it gets harder to remember. Getting so very deep into trance and giving up control to my words until my words are becoming your thoughts. Surrendering like this and giving in to me is making you aroused. Letting go is making you more and more aroused the longer you are in a trance. You will feel the arousal spreading into your entire body. In each and every inch of your body and it will keep growing and growing. The arousal will constantly increase.
You will feel how you are becoming more aroused. How your blood will be rushing through your body from arousal. How your breathing gets heavier and heavier. How your body is getting more sensitive and how you desire to get so very aroused for me.

And I will just tell you that your arousal will keep on growing. It might get to the edge of orgasm. If you were already at the edge, it will even bring you beyond the edge of orgasm.
Then I would just announce a small count to 3 to wake you up. When I will do this count you will be aware that you were in a trance and how good and arousing it felt while you will still be unable to remember the content. Your arousal will still keep growing as you are awake and you will also have some feeling of achievement that you have been in a hypnotic trance. And with each time you were in trance, it will become easier to go even deeper the next time.

As you feel your arousal still growing I would start counting up to awake you. With each count you would get more awake while your arousal would keep growing and an increasing desire to comment on this text about how aroused you are. I would then start to count 1 and 2 and 3 and you were awake again.

Feel free to read it through any time you want for the desired effect.
Last edited by PowerHoden on March 8th, 2013, 7:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
PowerHoden
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » March 3rd, 2013, 2:20 am

^Very good!
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby PowerHoden » March 3rd, 2013, 10:09 am

Thanks. I hope you enjoyed it afterwards as well ;)
PowerHoden
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to General Hypnosis