Triggers vs Permanent/Curses?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Triggers vs Permanent/Curses?

Postby ranmafan » August 18th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Which one is likely to work better? I've tried many different permanent fox TF files over the years and none have really worked..i'm thinking of trying a triggered one.
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby DKaiser » August 18th, 2011, 4:09 pm

From experience, trigger files aren't going to work better than permanent files at best, and will be harder to implement at worst. Mainly because people having trouble with a trigger file will test out the trigger, and be discouraged when it doesn't work.

I'd say go with the permanent files, but work on what sort of approach you're using. IIRC, you tended to bounce around in terms of what sort of files you wanted; try coming up with a proper mental image of what you want to sense, and stick with it. Immediately before listening to a file, bring that image to mind, and think about all the various ways it differs from your current body image. Having those sorts of memories fresh in the mind will help the file take better effect, while bouncing between different images over time will just confuse it.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ranmafan » August 18th, 2011, 4:31 pm

DKaiser wrote:From experience, trigger files aren't going to work better than permanent files at best, and will be harder to implement at worst. Mainly because people having trouble with a trigger file will test out the trigger, and be discouraged when it doesn't work.

I'd say go with the permanent files, but work on what sort of approach you're using. IIRC, you tended to bounce around in terms of what sort of files you wanted; try coming up with a proper mental image of what you want to sense, and stick with it. Immediately before listening to a file, bring that image to mind, and think about all the various ways it differs from your current body image. Having those sorts of memories fresh in the mind will help the file take better effect, while bouncing between different images over time will just confuse it.

I think my main problem in inductions..I know in the past I changed my fursonas alot, I've settled down since then, but I dont think i'm going deep enough in trance, if at all. I need to find a induction that'll work for me..
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby DKaiser » August 18th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Describe your trancing, in as much detail as you can recall. Also, how long does a given trance feel, in relation to the play length of the files?
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ranmafan » August 18th, 2011, 8:40 pm

well this is assuming the induction is good..my mind wanders, quite a bit. my arms and legs start to tingle alittle, i usually close my eyes too. and in the awakener i open my eyes..sometimes (not all) it does take a lil while for me to move my arms or legs tho.
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby qv » August 19th, 2011, 1:01 am

ranmafan wrote:well this is assuming the induction is good..my mind wanders, quite a bit. my arms and legs start to tingle alittle, i usually close my eyes too. and in the awakener i open my eyes..sometimes (not all) it does take a lil while for me to move my arms or legs tho.

Well, that's a good start to be sure.
Just how much do you think about things while under, and do you ever experience lost time?
Achieving less of the first and more of the second may mean improvement, though of course everyone trances differently.
Maybe first try some hypnosis files intended to achieve deeper trance? Decide to yourself that in both your conscious and unconscious mind, your current goal is to achieve better trance, and work from there.
Also, since mild hallucination is your goal, I'd suggest also working on visualization and bodily sensations. No real advice on that aspect other than that stuff happens all the time in dreams, so you might transition from feeling and seeing the changes in your dreams to doing so while awake, utilizing the sort of in-between states, like when being woken up. Set up an alarm for the middle of the night, then decide to wake up only enough to be aware of yourself and not enough to actually count as being 'conscious'.

Of course, this is purely speculative. I just figure the more ideas you get floating around in your head, the more likely they'll mix together to form an ideal solution. Which is also mere speculation.
Maybe I should actually try this stuff before going around ranting about it...
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby kitsukat » August 27th, 2011, 3:54 pm

"Permanent" things tend to wear off if you don't listen to them enough, but triggers are meant to condition you to take an automatic response to things. Not to mention that curses happen all the time while triggers can be used when you need them.

I've found that triggers work better overall for the desired effect, but some triggers require a second party to make them work. Triggers, for me, stick around longer. Though both curses and triggers require you to listen to them until they become habit.
kitsukat
Regular
Regular

Postby bismarck1425 » August 28th, 2011, 2:13 am

Just enter this topic by searching the difference between curse and permanent. I am actually curious what's the difference. From browsing the website, I know that curse can be removed by specific person. If this is the case, I believe permanet will last forever, or it will become less effective when you stop listening to the files? If this is the case, is permanent tend to be worse than curse?
bismarck1425

Postby kitsukat » August 28th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Curses are intended to be a permanent thing with benefits and consequences. If somebody wanted to get rid of it, they would have to go to the hypnotist and pay for that file to be removed, and even that may not work at times depending on how intense the file is.

Permanent files can be removed with a deprogram all, and don't have big consequences at all.

That's what makes curses so dangerous.

For me, though, I haven't really found anything that has had much of a lasting effect on me if I stop listening to it for a period of time. It just wears off after a while.
kitsukat
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis