Effectiveness on "dual voice"

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Effectiveness on "dual voice"

Postby mistermano » August 31st, 2011, 8:12 am

I don't know the exact term, but I've found files elsewhere where the hypnotist talks different things on L/R channels, as if you were listening to him speak twice at the same time.

I haven't really tried to trance with them, but I'm wondering if using this trick helps implanting suggestions or not. What I do know however, is that its easier for you to accept things that you listen mainly through your right ear.
mistermano

Re: Effectiveness on "dual voice"

Postby zapnosis » September 1st, 2011, 4:28 am

mistermano wrote:...I'm wondering if using this trick helps implanting suggestions or not.

Aren't we all? :D

I doubt anyone really knows for sure, but I gather that many people find this technique useful. Perhaps it is simply because there are twice as many suggestions. Perhaps the confusion of two voices helps to deepen trance. Try it and let us know what you think!

Z
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » September 1st, 2011, 11:37 pm

I'm sure it depends on the execution. If the two scripts were coordinated properly then I bet they could work wonderfully, like in [url=http://youtu.be/Hy8VgnHBwWI]this video.[/url]

As long that the listener can pick out one thing to focus on, then the other things can probably seep in pretty well. If it's completely impossible to make out anything but a jumble of voices, it probably won't work as well.

[/url]
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby mistermano » September 7th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Yea, I was thinking about making either channel louder than the other one.
Another thing I'd like to know how effective it can be is fast-talking. I mean, sometimes you're talking to someone and s/he's speaking rather fast and you don't immediatly understand everything, you only do when you stop to actually think about it.
I'm recording something for me and will use both tricks, fast talking and each channel different stuff being said, will post results some days later
mistermano

Postby Jeshi » September 8th, 2011, 12:03 am

Flanelbear utilizes audio channels very well in his files. Unfortunately he hasn't posted most of his files to WMM, so they requires some hunting down.

The ones he does have on WMM do this thing where his voice fades between channels, so it feels like his walking around you in circles as he talks. It's really crazy and creates a very unusual experience. All I can remember when I try to think of the contents of the files is an image of turning clockwork because of the audio effects.

The ones he doesn't have on WMM use multiple levels of speaking so that you can pick one to listen to and the other two or three will fade to the background. It's coordinated in such a way that each time you listen you could pick a different channel and get a different experience.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Hypnaudio » September 8th, 2011, 1:15 am

Jeshi wrote:
The ones he doesn't have on WMM use multiple levels of speaking so that you can pick one to listen to and the other two or three will fade to the background. It's coordinated in such a way that each time you listen you could pick a different channel and get a different experience.

This is a great idea. I would like to incorporate a function as this into my hypnosis program. I have not heard these files as of yet. May I ask how does the listener differentiate between the channels of voice. I would assume it is a difference in volume, pitch, stereo panning, different voice or combination of some.

If anyone is familiar with the virtual barber shop demo on youtube, then that's an effect I would like to simulate as well without the need of expensive multi microphone setups.
Hypnaudio

Postby bandler » September 19th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Playing with stereo effects is as old as stereo effects... be sure you don't over do it like Isabella Valentine. Her swirling L/R effect makes me want to puke. Literally. I had to re-work the file into a mono version before I could listen to it.

As far as dual voice hypnosis, it works very well when done correctly. Paul Scheele does an excellent series of "paraliminal" recordings for anyone wanting to hear it done effectively.

My files use the technique as well, and I have multiple layers of dual voices. At a minimum there is a multiplier effect.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Ladon » September 19th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I had a similar question on here before, [url=http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6283&highlight=]Here it is.[/url]

I believe that I also read somewhere, possibly Trance Formations, about a similar effect done with two separate, live hypnotists. The subject said he felt odd sensations akin to being pulled in opposite directions, but I can't remember much else.

I recently posted a bedwetting file with this effect, using three voices in left, right, and center channels.
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Effectiveness on "dual voice"

Postby sarnoga » September 20th, 2011, 6:33 am

mistermano wrote:I don't know the exact term, but I've found files elsewhere where the hypnotist talks different things on L/R channels, as if you were listening to him speak twice at the same time.

I haven't really tried to trance with them, but I'm wondering if using this trick helps implanting suggestions or not. What I do know however, is that its easier for you to accept things that you listen mainly through your right ear.

If you want to learn more about this, do a web search on the term "dual induction", I would expect you to find much information, the trick, as always with information found on the web, is sorting out the useful information from the bullshit. There is always plenty of snake oil to be purchased on the internet. Of course, even snake oil has its uses.

Regards,

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis