What are the effects of alcohol on hypnosis?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

What are the effects of alcohol on hypnosis?

Postby jcdps » October 25th, 2011, 10:06 am

I have trouble quieting my mind and I thought alcohol might help.

Does a little help or make it worse/less effective hypnsis?
What about a lot?
jcdps
Regular
Regular

Re: What are the effects of alcohol on hypnosis?

Postby Mutazoa » October 25th, 2011, 1:17 pm

jcdps wrote:I have trouble quieting my mind and I thought alcohol might help.

What about a lot?

Alcohol is actually a bad idea. Booze is a suppressant and the most likely scenario is that you will simply fall asleep during the induction.

The best way to quiet your mind during hypnosis is concentration. It is impossible for the you to think of two things at once. You can switch from one thought to another in a micro second, but you can still only be thinking of one thought or the other, not both. If you concentrate on your breathing...deep breaths all the way in, and all the way out and try to keep your eyes fixed on one point in front of you (until they close) you will be too busy to have many random thoughts.

You can also use those thoughts...simply tell your self that every random though helps you slip deeper and deeper into trance....as a new thought comes in to your mind it carries you deeper, as it leaves it carries you deeper...
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » October 27th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Hypnosis is about paying attention, shutting down not your ability to think, but your ability to think critically of the hypnotist's suggestions, and then to retain it all after you've woken up without realizing in retrospect that the suggestions didn't make sense.

Alcohol would most likely get in the way of that. Drunk people often have trouble paying attention and often forget about things that happened when they were drunk, or look back on everything they did when they were drunk while thinking "Ugh, why did I do that? That was so stupid!"

I can't testify for the ability for a drunk person to think critically though, that's probably very person to person.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby angel123 » October 28th, 2011, 7:33 pm

I really don't think alcohol will help, unless to render you unconscious and then your subconscious will be asleep also - drugged with the alcohol :?
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jcdps » October 28th, 2011, 8:45 pm

I had a small amount, nothing crazy and I think it did help actually.
jcdps
Regular
Regular

Postby Tangy » October 29th, 2011, 2:06 pm

jcdps wrote:I had a small amount, nothing crazy and I think it did help actually.

No alcohol just hot bath and warm milk lay across your bed naked after getting out of the bath and you will fall into a nice trance.
Do not forget to drink your milk. :arrow: moving forward
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby CharredSoul » November 3rd, 2011, 9:29 pm

actually alcohol can actually help especially if there is anxiety. not meaning to get drunk maybe one drink or 2. especially for the first session, is recommended. but there is a draw back if any resource states that are installed within the context of having alcohol before going into hypnosis (if you continue to use alcohol before hypnosis), that is the only time you will be able to experience said resource state
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Storms » November 18th, 2011, 6:33 am

I'll second Tanya's suggestion. Try it out and see what you think.

Everyone's different, maybe it'll work for you. I think for most though, alcohol, benzos, and narcotics inhibit trance. At first I figured they would help too, but I tried them out, and they didn't.

However, I was really surprised how much ritalin intensifies and deepens my trance, but for some reason coffee doesn't. Not exactly sure how a psychiatrist would treat you if you told him you're into erotic hypnosis and you want a legal version of speed for it.

I've heard DXM helps trance. But I think you could make the case that a second plateau DXM experience is trance. All those years in middle school chugging robotusin (without a letter)... It's so highly mentholated and horrible to drink, more than once it would come right back up just as quick as it went down.

And to think I get the same thing now - what I've needed and wanted this whole time, with the guided convenience of a 40 minute mp3.
Storms
Regular
Regular

Re: What are the effects of alcohol on hypnosis?

Postby homerj1620 » November 20th, 2011, 1:52 am

jcdps wrote:I have trouble quieting my mind and I thought alcohol might help.

What about a lot?

Not sure about alcohol (don't care for it), but I've had my best trances while high. Unfortunately I can't currently do that...
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dubjay » September 18th, 2012, 2:33 pm

I believe it can on some and can't on others.
I have tried it a few times and had good and bad results.

For those who are scared of hypnosis it will help by lowering your fear. Liquid courage lol.
For those who aren't used to drinking I wouldn't recomend it.
And don't drink too much, a lil goes a long way.
One shot or one beer wont hit you hard and thts all you need.
drink too much and you may pass out, need to pee, need to puke, have a head ache...

This my advice.
dubjay

Postby transformerdreamer » September 18th, 2012, 7:28 pm

alcohol helps me slightly, however I have no negative effects from alcohol, I don't get hung over, I never pass out, or forget, and it doesn't really affect my emotions. It takes a lot to get me drunk.

I drink hard alcohol and wines and sometimes prefer to do it before hypnosis.

Just be careful if you have a weakness to addiction, because attaching alcohol to any hobbies can be disastrous and you can become an alcoholic.
transformerdreamer

Postby dubjay » September 20th, 2012, 4:00 pm

I believe it can on some and can't on others.
I have tried it a few times and had good and bad results.

For those who are scared of hypnosis it will help by lowering your fear. Liquid courage lol.
For those who aren't used to drinking I wouldn't recomend it.
And don't drink too much, a lil goes a long way.
One shot or one beer wont hit you hard and thts all you need.
drink too much and you may pass out, need to pee, need to puke, have a head ache...

This my advice.
dubjay

Postby OMGWTFBBQ » October 10th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Needing to pee definitely does not help trance.
OMGWTFBBQ
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis