Browsing file without being in trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Browsing file without being in trance

Postby MuxMG » January 4th, 2012, 3:39 am

I know one shouldn't be doing this really (?) but curious (and a bit cautious) as I am, I wanted to just browse a file.

So, not being in trance at all (sipping coffee), open the file, skip the induction and (selectively and carefully) listen to hear what's up. The idea being that that listening to this file like this would not affect you at all.

But I wonder if this is safe at all and would be possible to be affected a tiny little bit anyway?

I'm asking because listening at one file like this did not leave me entirely indifferent and had weird (temporary I hope?) feelings in the areas affected by the file.

It seems that I've become/made myself extremely susceptible to the hypnotist's voice and his voice.

It looks like I have opened my own private Pandora's Box.

What do you think? Frightening...
MuxMG
Regular
Regular

Postby Mutazoa » January 4th, 2012, 8:31 am

Normally you could preview the file with out going into trance (and it is recommended that you do). However, if the file is by a tist that you use often, you can become conditioned to trance (at least lightly) simply by the sound of his/her voice when used to record a file. (Good tists will adopt a softer, monotone voice when hypnotizing some one instead of using normal speech tones and patterns.)

Professional hypnotherapists have noticed that regular clients will often go into a trance, simply by sitting in the chair that they are normally hypnotized in. Subconsciously, they have become conditioned to associate that chair with being hypnotized, and the mere act of sitting in that chair is now sufficient to trigger a trance state.
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sfhole2stretch » January 4th, 2012, 10:52 am

I almost always "browse" files prior to listening. This is a result of listening to files without doing so that contained content offensive or contrary to my basic person that kicked me from trance with a jolt. An unpleasant experience. Now I listen to every file first without headphones and usually while distracted by reading news or some other activity to keep me from trancing while I ascertain the content.
sfhole2stretch
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » January 6th, 2012, 11:57 pm

If it's a hypnotist I'm not conditioned to then I find it easy not to fall into trance if I decide to browse. Often times though hypnotists will use common trigger phrases throughout their files to deepen trance and so I'll end up listening to the rest of the file in trance after all.

A lot of hypnotists also like to slip in "general suggestions" into every file they make which have nothing to do with the main suggestions of the file and easily slip by without notice. "You can easily find yourself incorporating hypnosis into your future" and "You like trance and you want to come back here" are the most common ones I can remember. Sometimes these "general suggestions" include conditioning the subject to fall into trance upon hearing the hypnotist's voice.

There's no danger in browsing a file though anymore than there is danger is trance in general. If a suggestion comes up that you really don't want then it will wake you up anyways. If you're mostly awake then it still shouldn't work. If you're drinking coffee then you probably aren't going to fall into trance while listening I don't think.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby mecdual » January 18th, 2012, 3:00 am

usually a heard the file first on my desk in full light with only one eardphone, and with multiple little zapping

there are too much "free files" including things like conecting to a site and buy something, or listening something else then ...
mecdual

Return to General Hypnosis