horrible trance experiences (brain scratcher)

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

horrible trance experiences (brain scratcher)

Postby Raziken » April 25th, 2012, 9:50 pm

i thought this would be an interesting bit of information and a brain scratcher for the hypnotists...

when i trance, i often find myself shaking. not only shaking, but it gets so bad i cant relax myself out of it. sometimes i even feel horribly nauseous and my teeth chatter like I'm cold or something. it sure as hell breaks my trance and its affecting even my idea of hypnosis.

i do believe in the power of suggestion and that the mind can be willed to see and feel things that are not happening. or even just to change a behavior or remove a memory. and i know hypnosis works. (not for all but for some)

i have no idea what my symptoms pertain to, but i think my subconscious is reacting negatively. its either fighting or cowering from the idea, and i cant even enjoy what little triggers i have.

i would appreciate some theories and i may actually pinpointed it, but i was to form a consensus. maybe i can fix this problem, because id love to enjoy the files here!
Raziken

Postby VeryGnawty » April 25th, 2012, 10:45 pm

We used to shake sometimes when working with hypnosis. It seemed to be caused by fear or resistance to what we were trying to do.
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » April 25th, 2012, 11:25 pm

This sounds like it's probably some sort of medical condition and not related to hypnosis. What the conditions usually when you try to go under? Have you tried modifying them? (Sitting instead of laying down, or vice versa, putting on blankets or taking them off,) I find that sometimes lack of movement for long periods of time can cause the shivers, so staying warm is a good idea.

While subjects sometimes shiver when they're resisting suggestions, it should only really be happening if the file is making you uncomfortable. The conditions where subjects shiver is usually the moment when the hypnotist suggests something that violates their trust (like at the first mention of obedience when that wasn't the plan, or telling a woman to take her clothes off when she was going for a therapy session.) If you're just listening to file then this shouldn't be happening for you, since I assume you picked your own files.

The subconscious isn't actually a complete separate entity from the conscious mind. That's why we say sub-conscious, rather than unconscious. It's just a way of framing a concept that usually takes some explaining. Rather than saying "the collection of things that you do without giving much thought" we just say "the subconscious." The subconscious can't really be resisting something that your conscious mind wants, at least not in the context of hypnosis.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Raziken » April 26th, 2012, 8:44 am

I do pick my files, and I really do like the idea of the ones I pick. I make sure to avoid any effects that scare me (trigger able over curse or permanent) and just general light stuff. I thought it might be over anticipation at first, but I've tried files that werent exciting to me but I'd still enjoy, and I still get the shaking.

I'm wondering if my past emotional abuse and external people that I know, having hurt me so much. (my father emotionally abused me) and I wonder I'd that is just one big slap in the face. In which case, he is still abusing me long after I've removed him from my life.
Raziken

Postby Jeshi » April 26th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Yeah. . . when you're emotionally traumatized then that's probably more likely to be the cause than hypnosis. You should probably go see a therapist to help with the trauma, and then hypnosis will work when you've recovered.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis