Newbie question about trances

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Newbie question about trances

Postby Mithheru » October 30th, 2005, 12:49 pm

Yes, I'm a newb to all of this so far. I have downloaded several files that I wish to try, but haven't done any yet because of one concern I have:

If I do fall into trance and for some unknown reason (maybe the battery in my minidisc decides to go dead before finishing the file) it can't finish to bring me back out, what would happen?

How long would I likely stay in trance? I doubt that it could be permanent as hunger would eventually set in and force me to come back to obtain food or something like that. I'm just a bit concerned what could happen if I wasn't brought back at the end of the file.

Otherwise I'm quite open-minded to hypnosis and willing to give it a run.

I was searching the forums and didn't see anything posted along these lines. If there is then please kindly point me there.
Mithheru

Postby ThierryTNG » October 30th, 2005, 1:13 pm

You would get back eventually I'm sure of that. However, in my personal experience, you'll have to be a little careful. When you are brought up it is possible you will still 'stick' a little in it. I tried a file yesterday, and went shopping after that. I went there on my bike, and returned walking. Only in the evening I remebered that my bike was still at the shop. Pretty stupid right?
ThierryTNG

Re: Newbie question about trances

Postby dharden » October 30th, 2005, 1:20 pm

Mithheru wrote:Yes, I'm a newb to all of this so far. I have downloaded several files that I wish to try, but haven't done any yet because of one concern I have:

If I do fall into trance and for some unknown reason (maybe the battery in my minidisc decides to go dead before finishing the file) it can't finish to bring me back out, what would happen?

Don' t worry about it. You'd either wake up once you realized the voice had stopped, or you'd fall asleep and have a nap.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby missypuss » October 30th, 2005, 2:09 pm

In all cases you would eventually wake up. Honestly. No matter what . You definately wont stay in a trance for ever and ever. The only time thats happened to me is when Ive been listenin at bed time and so my mind was already for sleeping anyway..
Ive listened a long time to lots of files and Im still here(well just about anyhow :twisted: )
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Mithheru » October 30th, 2005, 4:00 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a try at one of the files later today or tomorrow when i have a bit of time. We shall see how it goes. In the meantime I have been listening to a couple subliminal files. I would guess for those the less you pay attention to them the better they work; especially when it's a bit hard to understand what is being said.
Mithheru

Postby missypuss » October 30th, 2005, 5:19 pm

Not sure of my opinions of sublimnimals.. for this/ I guess the expert is Jerm .. or EMG himself.. I personally have never used them..!!
Have to ask them..
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » October 30th, 2005, 11:45 pm

If for some reason your soundfile stops while you are in the middle of a trance, you will either wake up immediately or you will convert to normal sleep after a few minutes, and when you are rested, you will wake up normally.

The reason for this is, that trance is a condition that has to be maintained constantly to exist. If you know a litte about physics/mechanics, you could compare trance to the Unstable Equilibrium. It's stable for a while, and then goes away by itself :-)

By the way - if the phone rings, the building catches on fire etc., you would wake up at once. Your mind has the ability to come very quickly out of trance, if it has to.

Trance is also a natural part of our mindsets. Everybody trances several times a day - they just don't know it. Daydreaming is trance. Driving along in your car and then thinking about something so completely, that you forget the road and later wonder how you got home is trance. Every time you go to sleep or wake up, your brain passes through trance. If we didn't have the ability to trance, we wouldn't be human.

So you have nothing to worry about - on that subject :-)
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis