New trancer looking for advice.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

New trancer looking for advice.

Postby bobmanone » May 14th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Hello, new trancer here, I started last thursday and have attempted it every night since. I say attempted because I'm not sure if I am actually experiencing trance. From what I have read no one can put an easy description on it.

I start off laying on my bed with no covers on me, I focus on my breathing, opening my eyes when i breath in and closing them when i breath out. I usually get to a point after 7-8 breaths where my eyes are very heavy. Then I start to feel something, it feels as if my body is slowly falling through the bed and at points it feels like an out of body experience. I also feel that if I open my eyes my ceiling is slowly moving farther and farther away from me.

That is my experience thus far and here is a list of questions I have been wondering about.

1. am i experiencing trance?
- If i am experiencing trance how deep am I going?

2. should I be able to freely think/move/open my eyes during trance? (I frequently think, I cant believe he said that word wrong or I hate it when they lose their pacing)

3. Does REM have anything to do with trance, and if it does, do slight hallucinations like waves or loops have any relevancy to trance?

4. When should I stop focusing on my breathing (I feel that it can distract me and some audio files have told me to stop focusing at some point)?

5. Does laying down or sitting in a chair matter?
- When I tried to enter trance sitting down my head fell forward but I didn't want to move because I felt something happening, in the future should I reposition my head?
bobmanone

Postby CharredSoul » May 15th, 2012, 5:24 am

not knowing is a problem when first starting out since there are really no ways of testing unless being directed to.
another problem is over thinking/analyzing what a trance state is and what it is supposed to be like.

what you are experiencing is a somnambulistic state, the obe and hallucinations resonate with that state.

do not worry about the thoughts, breathing or repositioning yourself, in time the thoughts will go away and know that you are breathing at a rate that is suitable for you. as for repositioning yourself it is highly recommended as it can tend to act as a fractionation just know that when your reposition yourself to an even more comfortable position that you can become even more relaxed and go down deeper than you were before.

and my last opinion is if you have a lazy boy chair, use it, even though trance can happen while you are laying down, your mind will tend to go to sleep especially if you are doing it before bed. it is of no real benefit to do it laying down as there are associations of laying down to falling asleep, and thats not where you want a working trance experience to be. though people tend to dispute that here. it is best to be sitting.

good luck with your future endeavours
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby ocntrl » May 15th, 2012, 7:30 am

It sounds to me by the way you describe it, you are well on your way to enjoy a nice trance, so just let it happen.

And it is perfectly ok to think things, or be annoyed about something you don't like about the file. Just don't let it get in the way of enjoying the experience.

I know my own files are nowhere perfect and for some people it is annoying to the point they don't want to use them.

But most people just ignore the annoyances because in all, the file gives them a good feeling.

And as long as the file not explicitly tells you not do do something, you can do what feels best for you when it feels best for you.

One approach someone I know took was to use Audacity to clean files up by removing everything that distracted them and and pauses or remove pauses to their liking.
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Postby bobmanone » May 15th, 2012, 10:19 pm

@CharredSoul

My problem right now is I dont know what I should be feeling, I tend to think too much ^^. Also thanks for the advice, I'll try sitting up again.

@ocntrl

I don't want to seem like I'm easily irritated by the files here or that I am trying to put down any authors, its just every so often there is something that makes me think. I'm just not sure how I should respond to my own thinking =). I have listened to your trigger 1 and 2 and I think they are going to be a good beginning for my trance path. Thanks for reading my thread.
bobmanone

Postby CharredSoul » May 16th, 2012, 3:33 am

the perfect state and best example to give is to know what trance is like is, just right before sleep when you start to drift off, you become relaxed to the point where you feel floating sensations and noises around you, seem to fade away, that you really do not take any notice of them. thats what i am for every time when i do personal trance work, just recall that time remember what it feels like. i also do give myself a suggestion that my arm is stuck to a surface and as i try to lift it off that it becomes even more stuck.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby bobmanone » May 16th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Alright, so last night I tried again, I think i did it! I got to a point where i felt like i was kind of floating and my whole body had a slight pressure exerted on it, then I realized I had missed 8-10 minutes of an induction, ocntrl's deep trance. So I either fell asleep or cant remember a big section of that induction.
bobmanone

Postby CharredSoul » May 16th, 2012, 8:33 pm

sounds like you did amnesia is another sign of trance
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby ocntrl » May 17th, 2012, 9:45 am

Practice makes perfect!
Glad you enjoyed the deep trance ;-)
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor