Male <-> female voices (sound editing)

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Male <-> female voices (sound editing)

Postby boomsmee » October 27th, 2006, 9:38 pm

I'm currently working on altering some of the files on the site to change EMG's voice from sounding male to sounding female. (though right now ive got him sounding like an androgynous midget, but each attempt is getting closer. I want to have a series of edits specificly talored to EMG's voice) once im sucessful would there be much of a demand for this (or female to male for those files recorded with a female voice)
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Postby mudbunny » October 27th, 2006, 9:52 pm

I wouldn't mind listening to the recordings in a female voice...
mudbunny

Postby boomsmee » October 27th, 2006, 10:06 pm

Yey! my latest attempt defiantly sounds feminine. theres some sharpness to the sound in the beginning, but smooths out more in the important parts. (though seems a little sharper than a woman's voice should)
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jarvisteflon » October 27th, 2006, 11:15 pm

I would very much be interested in files converted to a female voice.
Particularly the feminization files!

:wink:
jarvisteflon
Regular
Regular

Postby wasp » October 28th, 2006, 12:20 am

how about starting in male and going to female XD
wasp

Postby boomsmee » October 29th, 2006, 9:54 pm

Ok I've created a version of the visualizehelp file it has definate female tones, and Ive removed much of the sharpmess to the voice. There is a little bit of distortion near the beginning and the end (the file description and wakeup sequence) but it is in unimportant sections and shouldnt interfere with the trance. I will also be working on improving the method to make the voice sound like a younger female (current voice sounds like speaker is 50-60) and reducing distortion at the ends of the file.

Im not sure how this file will fit in with the rest of the site though, as its exactly the same as the other visualizehelp file except with an altered and filtered voice. (maybe as an additional catagory like subliminal/body/script)

Also wasp, yes it is possible to have it shift over time, but will take quite a bit of work.
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Postby willingsub » October 30th, 2006, 3:03 am

boomsmee wrote:Im not sure how this file will fit in with the rest of the site though, as its exactly the same as the other visualizehelp file except with an altered and filtered voice. (maybe as an additional catagory like subliminal/body/script)

There are some files on the site which use the same script as another file, but are spoken by a different hypnotist, like some of the Goddess Spiral files. So I'd say you can just upload your file as a separate file, with a title like FVVisualizeHelp (with FV standing for female voice). If you upload it as a separate file this also makes it possible for people to add a subliminal, body or binaural to your file.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby boomsmee » October 30th, 2006, 8:33 am

OK its uploaded. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Postby LDC » November 2nd, 2006, 6:15 pm

Faking female voices? Not really a good idea unless ppl are into that kind of thing. I can create a fairly convincing female voice but I find it rather dishonest.. it would be better to use sound-bites of female voices (from various sources such as music and video) or to use a purely computer generated voice like Virtual Hypnotist.

I'm dissapointed that there are so few female hypno files on this site, the price is sensibly low so I'm not too put-out by it, but the orators of files should state whether they are male or female - it would make it a lot easier for me to find files I can use!

btw, are there any flash-movie files? I've seen a couple on other sites that are really quite trippy.
LDC

Return to Site Improvements