Getting SAFE MODE error messages.

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Getting SAFE MODE error messages.

Postby Mari4199 » March 7th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Hi! :) I am trying to view the image gallery but when it comes up i dont get the page and i only get a list of error messages pertaining to SAFE MODE? Has anyone else had this problem and how can i fix it?
Sound is the future.
Mari4199
Regular
Regular

Postby sarnoga » March 7th, 2007, 10:28 pm

Sorry I can't help you. It works fine for me.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby sarnoga » March 7th, 2007, 11:20 pm

It seems I replied too soon.

I just tried it and got the same error messages that you did.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby boomsmee » March 8th, 2007, 11:33 am

Warning: putenv(): Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANG' - it's not in the allowed list in /home/warpmymi/public_html/modules/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryTranslator.class on line 299

Warning: putenv(): Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANGUAGE' - it's not in the allowed list in /home/warpmymi/public_html/modules/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryTranslator.class on line 300

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/warpmymi/public_html/modules/gallery2/modules/core/classes/Gallery.class on line 629

Safe mode is a mode of PHP that is sometimes used on shared servers. (for instance, servers that host multiple websites owned by different people) It restricts php usage that could possibly be used in a way that would cause the different users use of PHP to interfere with each other by denying access to some functions. Unfortunately it appears that the image gallery make use of some functions that are now set to be denied, either by safe mode being turned on, or the functions being removed from the safe mode allow list, of being added to the safe mode deny list.

By default, any environment variables not beginning with PHP_ are denied, and need to be specifically added to the allowed list to be used. (hence the 'LANG' and 'LANGUAGE' errors.)

Also set time limit is disabled in safe mode, meaning that the maximum time a php script will run is fixed at 30 seconds.
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Huh?

Postby Mari4199 » March 8th, 2007, 10:52 pm

You have lost me. How do i solve the problem?
Sound is the future.
Mari4199
Regular
Regular

NV!

Postby Mari4199 » March 8th, 2007, 11:09 pm

Nevermind! lol! the main page answered my questions! -:P
Sound is the future.
Mari4199
Regular
Regular

Return to Site Improvements