Redo voting system?

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Redo voting system?

Postby OMGWTFBBQ » May 29th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Simple idea, make a voting subforum. EMG first makes a suggest + describe thread, where only premium users can suggest files to be made. Then EMG makes a poll thread, with the files he'd like to make, and an amount of time to vote in it. Then it's closed, a new poll goes up, and while EMG works on the new file, people can vote on the next one. And it's closed whenever EMG finishes. etc.

Would be much clearer what was getting made, and we wouldn't need the huge sprawl which is the voting page.
OMGWTFBBQ
Regular
Regular

Postby Lissar » May 29th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Hm, I'm not sure about only letting premium members make suggestions. I can sort of understand the idea that making suggestions for files would be a privilege you could essentially get a subscription for. But at the same time, we're probably going to miss out on some great ideas from non-premium members. I mean, I'm not a premium member, and I like that I can make file suggestions (haven't yet, but I like having the ability to once I come up with something good).

I do agree, though, that something needs to be done about the voting page. Here are some serious issues I've been having with it.

1) Some ideas are unoriginal, and there are several suggestions for the same idea. Sometimes, people add a suggestion that's exactly the same as another, but with just one, tiny difference.

2) A lot of ideas are in the wrong categories. I completely respect that different people have different kinks, or different reasons for being interested in hypnosis. I mean, of course I do! I know not everyone shares my interests and kinks, and it would be very rude of me to think otherwise. But for the love of all things good (or kinky), the feminization files REALLY need to be in the feminization CATEGORY. I don't look through that category because I'm not interested in it. So it's kind of annoying to find those suggestions everywhere else.

3) Gotta love when you can't even understand the suggested file, either because the grammar and spelling is just saddening, or because it's so long and complicated that you have to reread it over and over again to figure it out.

A responsibility that I would gladly take would be to clean up the section. I would look at new suggestions, make sure there are no repeats, clean up grammar and spelling without changing the file suggestion, and add it to the right category. That way, I think the voting page could be cleaned up very well without EMG having to make a huge individual effort.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby liljonny » May 29th, 2007, 7:36 pm

Lissar wrote:
2) A lot of ideas are in the wrong categories. I completely respect that different people have different kinks, or different reasons for being interested in hypnosis. I mean, of course I do! I know not everyone shares my interests and kinks, and it would be very rude of me to think otherwise. But for the love of all things good (or kinky), the feminization files REALLY need to be in the feminization CATEGORY. I don't look through that category because I'm not interested in it. So it's kind of annoying to find those suggestions everywhere else.

3) Gotta love when you can't even understand the suggested file, either because the grammar and spelling is just saddening, or because it's so long and complicated that you have to reread it over and over again to figure it out.

Sometimes a file could go in more than one category. Sometimes I put up a diaper curse and don't know where it goes, diaper or curse. I would assume it would go under diaper.
I was wondering if there could be a spell check. I personaly use a word processing program and then cut and paste. (sorry about any bad spellings, I am not useing the word processing program now)
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Voting Subcategory

Postby goodservice67 » May 31st, 2007, 4:49 pm

I have to agree with Lissar that excluding non Premium members is not a good idea. I realize that the uninitiated can suggest some ridiculous things sometimes but fresh faces bring fresh ideas too.

I think that subcategories for voting will clarify things a lot.

In the case of a file being listed in potentially 2 or more categories ie. Diaper Curse, since the file is about Diapering place the vote there and a reference in the other applicable subcategories.
goodservice67

Return to Site Improvements