Journal Comments Not Working?

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Journal Comments Not Working?

Postby Draygone » June 12th, 2007, 4:15 pm

I left a comment on somebody else's journal, and far as I can tell, it hasn't appeared. I figured maybe it only appears for the journal owner at first until the owner approves the message, so I tested by commenting on one of my own entries, and it didn't appear for me, either.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby liljonny » June 13th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Seems to be working for me. Look at your latest journal. You don't say what broweser you are using. I have Firefox
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » June 13th, 2007, 4:02 pm

Same here.

It's odd, though. It seems that my comments only go through if I wait a few seconds at the "Thank You" screen before continuing. Guess it's just taking my connection a bit long to properly send the message. Well, at least I figured it out.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » June 17th, 2007, 10:51 pm

Scratch that. It just randomly decides when it wants to work for me or not.

EDIT: Or maybe I just got lucky. Anybody have any idea why my comments refuse to go through? I even tried posting a comment on IE, and it still didn't work.

Oddly enough, it'll always send my comments if I don't put anything in it.

Actually, I did another test. I copied and pasted somebody else's comment. That actually went through. I wonder what about their message it likes yet mine doesn't.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » June 21st, 2007, 10:41 am

I think I figured it out. For real this time. It doesn't like apostrophes. To test this, I posted the same message twice, one with a random apostrophe. And the one with it didn't go through.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Site Improvements