Suggested Change for Comments.

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Suggested Change for Comments.

Postby sarnoga » March 15th, 2011, 6:47 am

Hello EMG and everyone.

I was just browsing file postings and then went to look through my own files to see if there were any new comments. Often it is not that easy to remember how many comments each of the files had the last time I looked at them and I have to open the comments to see if there are any new comments since last time I checked. It occurred to me that a site adjustment could make this much easier. I have two proposed "improvements" either one of which would solve this problem.

One. Next to the comments have it display the date of the most recent comment. Last comment on 'date'.

Two. Another way to accomplish the same thing would be for the link to the comments to change color after it has been read and to remain that color until a new comment is added at which time it would change back to the original color.

Those are my suggestions for site improvement, either one would work and it would not be necessary to implement both, though that could be done too.

Comments? Suggestions?

Regards,

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » March 15th, 2011, 3:55 pm

Another option would be for users posting files to have the option of receiving comments via email so that you always know when you get a new comment.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hypnoidf » March 15th, 2011, 4:32 pm

Both ideas are solutions for this problem I mean :)
hypnoidf
Regular
Regular

Postby sarnoga » March 16th, 2011, 6:45 am

EMG wrote:Another option would be for users posting files to have the option of receiving comments via email so that you always know when you get a new comment.

Yes, that would do just as well.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby bandler » April 21st, 2011, 10:37 pm

sarnoga wrote:
EMG wrote:Another option would be for users posting files to have the option of receiving comments via email so that you always know when you get a new comment.

Yes, that would do just as well.

Yes.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Site Improvements